You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (a) 19/9/17 - Let's show some bottle in The Milk Cup.

an tha

BBC match report dead on here for me:

Coutinho, having returned to the Liverpool side for the 1-1 draw with Burnley on Saturday, was by far the best player on the pitch in the first half as he sauntered between the lines to dictate the tempo of the Reds' attacks.

The tricky Brazilian combined well with Andy Robertson as the former Hull left-back, another summer arrival, put in several crosses that should have been converted.

Oxlade-Chamberlain, making his first start since a £35m move from Arsenal, saw his shot blocked from a smart Robertson cut-back before Solanke headed off target from another pin-point ball.

But Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp opted to replace Coutinho with Ben Woodburn at the break and, despite some impressive running from the 17-year-old Wales international, Liverpool lost their flow.

That was countered with the arrival of Okazaki for the Foxes, with the Japan striker adding pace and intensity for the hosts.

But there are going to be games where you dont take those chances and you need your defence to not concede from the handful of chances the opposition will get.

A good team has to be able to win a scrappy 1 nil earned in the 90th min now and again but we will never be able to do that with the defence.

We absolutely battered them for 45 minutes and failed to stick away the chances or pick the final pass, That's not the normal situation in a tight game where you miss a couple and get punished later in the game. It was massacre in the first 45 minutes and you can't have that level of dominance and fail to stick the ball in the net., Solanke was found wanting, Coutinho couldn't find the final pass or shot and our midfield never looked capable of scoring, Again without Mane we don't seem to be able to score  

I think Coutinho was committing players left right and centre in the first half which kept giving the overload on the left and even right sometimes. Fair enough he didn't score a goal from any of it but he was pretty much the reason we created anything. With him off the Leicester players just went man for man and it took Robertson completely out of the game.

Flanagan had a terrible game. He stayed back pretty much 90% of the time when the right hand side was crying out for the same as the left. Chamberlain had a bad game but he wasn't helped by Flanagan at all who in the end started getting the back ripped out of him as soon as they bothered to run at him. We are stacked right back and as harsh as it is we just haven't got the time of need to let him regain form when I doubt he would even be first back up with everyone fit and in form.

Fair enough, we'll have to disagree on some points. Yes, coutinho was committing players but his final ball never created anything. That's not a criticism of him, just the way I saw it. When he said to the ref about the wall not being 10 yards away (I agree with him, it was nowhere near) so why try and go for goal?

Ive no problem with him only playing the 45 either. He's not played much and I think Klopp just wanted him to have 45 minutes after coming off with cramp on saturday.

Think you're being critical of flanno. Thought he was solid for 75 -80 minutes when he tired a bit. Neither goal was down to him. People say use the squad then when Klopp does, its the wrong squad player playing. Im ok with him not getting forward much, that's half our problem, both fullbacks pushed up and the two CB's exposed.

Anyone on Ox Chambers back really needs look at the fact its his first full game in our team and a much changed one at that. Its like redmen tv said though.

I fucking hate everyone at our club at the moment. With the possible exception of Ben Woodburn. Give it time though.

Fucking bunch of cunts.

Can we sell Henderson soon please? Anyone remember Steven Gerrard?

"Our club" ?

Fuck off - when was the last time you were at a match ?

You're on here every fucking game whining like the fanny you are.

OUR CLUB can do without plastic kunts like you.

• Downvote 2

I never understand this kind of post.

It's sort of a "I'm a superfan, you all are rubbish fans" thing but the logic is insane.

First of all, if I'm in the stands you can bet you won't hear anything but praise and support for our team.  

But an online forum exists for a different purpose.  It exists so that we can debate the state of the club, or the quality of its players, openly.  

Agreed. The forum is like 606.  It gives the whopper a chance to demonstrate his/her whopperiness. It's not the same vibe at the match at all.  

I fucking hate everyone at our club at the moment. With the possible exception of Ben Woodburn. Give it time though.

Fucking bunch of cunts.

"Our club" ?

Have a word with yourself. It's 2017 and ticket prices are a complete piss-take, so having a pop at someone for not going the game makes you come across as a fucking huge one.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

I genuinely think we'll finish bottom half! The first 11 is piss poor, never mind the fucking group, there's no leadership, no defence, no finishers!

The Hoffenheim and Arsenal games were anomalies, this fucking shite is the norm while Coco us the manager, the gurning twat!

You need to stop being a knob. 

Fucking bunch of cunts.

"Our club" ?

Moofs changed his name by looks of it

• Upvote 1