You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it safe to come out yet? - by John Brennan

tlw content

Klopp: "We made seven changes but we still played proper football. It was the best game against Burnley since I've been here."

He's lost it. Spastic chat there

Klopp: “You need to have luck sometimes and you need to have a referee that makes the right decisions.”

Bell end

The word 'cunt' isn't strong enough for a fucking imbecile like you. Fuck off and go and play on the motorway, you tit.

Petty? Hands up.

Agenda-driven? My agenda being? Klopp out? Ha! He doesn't need my "help".

You really think he won't shout "That's the transfer window if (let's deal in hyoptheses for now) "The Ox" scores? Neither do I! Did you not pick up on the sardonic tone?

"Kloppites" isn't my proudest moment, but I'll find a term for his followers soon enough. What's the German for sheep?

Anyway, "I'm sick of conceding my points like this." So to speak.

Yes, you clearly do have an agenda and a dislike, and yes you’re petty and sarcastic about it. That’s totally fine, and you won’t need me to reiterate that you’re totally free to express it and to do so however you like. Just don’t be surprised if a one sided, petty, agenda driven peice isn’t seen as a good read. It’s basically a Code72 post about Rafa that has been given space on the front page.

• Upvote 4

I just don't see us winning anything if we carry on the way we are, and I don't see Van Dijk being the answer to all our woes, either. Obviously better players will help, but a change in approach is needed too, I reckon. At the moment it seems like we're focusing solely on the former, and even more bizarrely hinging it all on one player. That's OK if you get him, and it works out, but what's the fallback plan if you don't? Just let another season roll by and hope we get him next time? It's not good enough. By all means go all in for one player if you think he's worth it, but fuck me, you better have something else up your sleeve if it doesn't come off.

I just don't see us winning anything if we carry on the way we are, and I don't see Van Dijk being the answer to all our woes, either. Obviously better players will help, but a change in approach is needed too, I reckon. At the moment it seems like we're focusing solely on the former, and even more bizarrely hinging it all on one player. That's OK if you get him, and it works out, but what's the fallback plan if you don't? Just let another season roll by and hope we get him next time? It's not good enough. By all means go all in for one player if you think he's worth it, but fuck me, you better have something else up your sleeve if it doesn't come off.

We've already tied up Keita for next season as well & I'm sure we will either solidify the signing of VdV or move on in January. This doesn't mean there won't be other signings as I'm sure FSG will be too worried to use the ' No value in January' argument out loud.

We made a mess of the last window , I think we all accept that DM , but all we can do personnel-wise until January is get the likes of Lallana & Clyne fit, Coutinho back into his groove and build the experience of the likes of TAA , Gomez & Grujic. 

As fans we have two options in the interim, we can cross our fingers a bit, get behind the team 

( Allowing for deserved criticism of course ), or we can be unremittingly negative, alienate the main positive we have at present ( Klopp )  and feed the trolls on Talkshite etc.

• Upvote 4

We made a mess of the last window , I think we all accept that DM , but all we can do personnel-wise until January is get the likes of Lallana & Clyne fit, Coutinho back into his groove and build the experience of the likes of TAA , Gomez & Grujic. 

As fans we have two options in the interim, we can cross our fingers a bit, get behind the team 

( Allowing for deserved criticism of course ), or we can be unremittingly negative, alienate the main positive we have at present ( Klopp )  and feed the trolls on Talkshite etc.

Yes, this is my point. We can't do anything personnel wise now, but we can try a change of approach tactically. It's just not good enough to say oh well, we didn't get the player we wanted so let's carry on shipping goals until next summer when we can have another go at landing him.

I've it several times: this guy can do no wrong in many people's eyes.

It's clear that he hasn't a clue how to fix our defence. He says he's sick of conceding goals like we have been doing. When, exactly, did this happen? It's been going on for fully two seasons now.

Nine conceded in five league games. What will that win us, honestly?

• Upvote 1

I've it several times: this guy can do no wrong in many people's eyes.

It's clear that he hadn't a clue how to fix our defence. He says he's sick of conceding goals like we have been doing. When, exactly, did this happen? It's been going on for fully two seasons now.

Nine conceded in five league games. What will that win us, honestly?

Just out of interest, who do you think we could/should replace him with?

You don't win fuck all in 5 games, fella.

I don't think anyone on here has an issue with voicing concerns about performances and players; it's the snide shit, character assassinations and disrespect of a world class manager that gets people's backs up.

Hang on, World Class manager based on what? A couple of Bundesligas when Bayern were a bit off their game? Lost cup finals?

He's won nowt in 5 years! And the reason for that is that he's lacking tactically!!

• Downvote 1

Are his failings to fix our defence more tactical than they are down to poor players being poor?

I don't think the failings are more tactical.

In Matip and Lovren we have a very good partnership, they rarely lose and concede relatively few. Just about any other partnership combination and we're terrible, thus it hints at the personnel.