You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it safe to come out yet? - by John Brennan

tlw content

Welcome to Correctsville: Population John B

He made a very obvious point that most others on here have made. We need another signing or two, and in particular, in defence. I didn't notice any particular insight in relation to anything many others have been saying, but I was a little taken aback at the snide tone towards the manager. If that grows among the fan base there will be trouble.

Now is not the time for crowing. Now is the time for calm heads and a little togetherness.

He made a very obvious point that most others on here have made. We need another signing or two, and in particular, in defence. I didn't notice any particular insight in relation to anything many others have been saying, but I was a little taken aback at the snide tone towards the manager. If that grows among the fan base there will be trouble.

Now is not the time for crowing. Now is the time for calm heads and a little togetherness.

Kind of hoping you would call him a snivelling tit.

• Upvote 1

I saw him there,

Where?

There on the stair.

Where on the stair?

Right there,

A little emperor with no clothes on,

Well I declare

Going Klipp-Klippety Klopp on the stair

Boo. Hiss.

He has us playing football in this year's CL. Second time in eight years we've been there. And when it clicks he has us playing fantastic attacking football.

The start to the season is not the best. We get it, the defence needs a lot of work too. All valid. However,

To call him a little emperor with no clothes is unfair and sounds a bit Evertonian in its bitterness to me.

Whereas if we lose, the majority of fans who bravely went out on a limb (!) and predicted we'd finish sixth will be happy?

You remain a sneering tit, lacking in any great footballing insight that I've been able to discern on here, to remotely justify your hubris.

It was sneering, but repped anyhow!

Just searched it, and it is the single most repped post in forum history.

It has a "popular" tab next to it, which I haven't seen before:

Klopp: “You need to have luck sometimes and you need to have a referee that makes the right decisions.”

Although a bit small time funny enough like Liverpool fc these days.. he has a point to a degree we've been getting fuck all from the refs unlike others. Against Watford there goal was offside against city it was 50/50 decision on Mane but was sent off and today it was a penalty.

That's not an excuse as we should of won against Watford and Burnley but a little luck helps which is in short supply these days

You've really gotta question how "world class" a manager can be if he's completely useless at half of the equation.

I don't see many world class golfers who can't putt, world class darts players who can't hit doubles, etc. etc.

As they like to say over here: "defense (sic) wins championships."

Over here we say "loose lips sinks ships"  and there a definitely  a few loose fanny lips in our defense

“That’s the transfer window!” as Klopp will probably shout to the Main Stand if AOC – or whatever we’re calling him (and frankly, who cares?) – scores.

Klopp managed to keep his mouth shut for most of the ten days, which in itself is a miracle. Thing is, with him, you know that his next outpouring of verbiage is never far away.

...As does the “Boss”.

That’s the thing with the Cheerleader-in-Chief. Nothing sticks. 

These parts are extremely petty, agenda driven and severely detract from any serious points being made.  

You see, Klopp will probably NOT shout "that's the transfer window!" when The Ox scores, because he's not a parody of himself.  Similarly, he hasn't shouted "that's the transfer window!" for each of Salah's goals.  Because he's not a complete dickhead.

Then, just when you think it has reached peak crap, the word "Kloppites" is used.  

• Upvote 2

Petty? Hands up.

Agenda-driven? My agenda being? Klopp out? Ha! He doesn't need my "help".

You really think he won't shout "That's the transfer window if (let's deal in hyoptheses for now) "The Ox" scores? Neither do I! Did you not pick up on the sardonic tone?

"Kloppites" isn't my proudest moment, but I'll find a term for his followers soon enough. What's the German for sheep?

Anyway, "I'm sick of conceding my points like this." So to speak.

Klopp is the best thing to happen to our Club for years and we should appreciate him. Yes, he gets things wrong, thinks he can turn water to wine, but he's here for the long term and HIS team will emerge over time - judge him after 3 full seasons.

A criticism may be that he's too loyal to the players he inherited, overestimates them while they make mistake after mistake , thinks attack is the best form of defence ( see our full backs), probably needs his number 6 to shield and position himself correctly rather than press ( see the 2 goals on Tuesday due to Hendo's naviety).

But he's fucking boss - the best attacking football in Europe , players will die for him, and he gets us and Our Club - his cheerleading is simply to find our old selves.

As I say, we are lucky to have him.

• Upvote 6

Klopp is the best thing to happen to our Club for years and we should appreciate him. Yes, he gets things wrong, thinks he can turn water to wine, but he's here for the long term and HIS team will emerge over time - judge him after 3 full seasons.

A criticism may be that he's too loyal to the players he inherited, overestimates them while they make mistake after mistake , thinks attack is the best form of defence ( see our full backs), probably needs his number 6 to shield and position himself correctly rather than press ( see the 2 goals on Tuesday due to Hendo's naviety).

But he's fucking boss - the best attacking football in Europe , players will die for him, and he gets us and Our Club - his cheerleading is simply to find our old selves.

Way to go JB

I agree,and love his footballing philosophy as it is a breath of fresh air,but I am seriously worried that these owners see our current status from last season,CL club and top 4 placing as exactly where they want to be. What they don't realise,or care about is that if you stand still in this league you will backwards faster than an Italian tank stuck in reverse. Klopp could be hamstrung from this disasterous last transfer window by either his stubborness or the owners,or even a mixture of both. My doubts about him long term don't necessarily come from him but more from the circumstances he is working under.

Well fuck me, is any manager without faults? Loyalty to players is a bad thing now is it? Even Shanks was loyal to his players until a defeat away at Watford, 3rd division title winners in an FA Quarter Final forced him to admit he'd been loyal too long.

Klopp isnt stupid enough to stick with blind loyalty. Sure, he could have come up and done a souey and hoyed all \ most of the players out. People seem to forget he joined the club in October, lass than 2 years ago but they expected him to virtually bring in a new team that met their expectation, virtually done and dusted by the very next January window. Not going to happen.

It's like he said last season "I cant say to the boys, you all must play well so we can get into the Champions League then I can replace you with better players."

Everyone seems to like revolution by way of a mass overhaul of players at the club but it is just about the worse way of achieving anything. How can you expect players to go through a brick wall for you if, you're going to fuck em off at the drop of a hat? Good luck with that one and it's why most successful managers evolve a solid team.

What gets me is, loads of people complain we've spent too long delving in the bargain transfer bucket, satisfying ourselves that the 3rd or even 4th choice will do because, well, that who we could attract. Then, we get a manager who says fuck that approach, I want my number one targets. And then when we hit a road block, those same people are running round saying just fucking sign someone!

Some of the shit and negativity directed at Klopp is beyond parody. Do people seriously have negative vibes about Klopp after less than 2 years? 2 fucking defeats this season and suddenly lots of people have had enough, Klopp's a clown, everyoneelse can see, why cant he?

Fucking hell, get a grip. It's 2 defeats, one of which is a competition taken so seriously by the Football League, they have the fucking draw for the last round made at something like 4am UK time somewhere in China!

• Upvote 4

Petty? Hands up.

Agenda-driven? My agenda being? Klopp out? Ha! He doesn't need my "help".

You really think he won't shout "That's the transfer window if (let's deal in hyoptheses for now) "The Ox" scores? Neither do I! Did you not pick up on the sardonic tone?

"Kloppites" isn't my proudest moment, but I'll find a term for his followers soon enough. What's the German for sheep?

Anyway, "I'm sick of conceding my points like this." So to speak.

Quotation marks and exclamation points are like a seasoning - a little can elevate a dish, too much can make it inedible.

Your writing is like eating a Shepherds Pie with 2 tablespoons of salt. And two pounds of pepper. And 3 cubic meters of parsley to garnish.

• Upvote 3