You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it safe to come out yet? - by John Brennan

tlw content

Very good post Mr Richards,patience is needed here.I remember Roy Evans being asked the secrets of success and he just said,good players.The way I see it Klopp is improving the team no doubt,but it all is going to take time.It is the midfield where I see the most problems,when they lose the ball they are all over the place exposing the( extremely jittery back four).Gerrards and Alonso's don't grow on trees, and the manager has got Kieta.I don't think that he will stop there,and the team will improve.I don't think some fans realize how far that the last three managers have set us back.Guardiola,Mourinho,Conte are improving really strong squads,whilst ours Is full of watercarriers.We have some very good players,and an awful lot of very ordinary one's it take time to sort that,and the manger should be given that time.,

• Upvote 1

Here we go again! Let's get rid of the first world class manager since Rafa because we conceed too many goals,despite being back in the CL and being genuinely respected when playing anybody,including all the big teams. Is Klopp untouchable? No,of course not but he has taken us up several notches since being here and deserves to see out his contract based on that. As for those of us who support his tenure not allowing criticism,that is bollocks,we are all well aware of our defensive failings and often voice criticism about this. The problem is that after the latest shambolic transfer window fans are not at all sure who is to blame. All I can say is that FSG have had far more transfer windows than Klopp yet the dealings remain mostly uninspiring and modest at best. If ever there was a transfer window where cash was significantly splashed this was it,yet it once again wasn't.

giphy.gif

Am just about done with this website. 

That's ludicrous. This isn't the offal. Contrary opinions are allowed. TLW has never towed that line. Hasn't sought to appease the club to get press credentials, access or executive boxes like some. Disagree all you like, but if you don't want to frequent the site because it disrupts your Echo chamber, then that reflects poorly on you, not John.

• Upvote 5

I didn't really read it as a call for Klopps head, though in retrospect maybe I was being a bit thick. I agreed with more than a few points despite the snideness.

I do think it's a big year for Klopp as he's had more than enough time to make this his team. It's very conceivable we don't go beyond the round of 16 in the CL, and finish out of the top 4. I don't see how that could be viewed as anything other than failure.

in regards to Chamberlain I think we should take Klopp at his word that he has been long interested in him. Having said that I don't see him adding a lot but I'll be the first to celebrate being proven wrong.

I didn't really read it as a call for Klopps head, though in retrospect maybe I was being a bit thick. I agreed with more than a few points despite the snideness.

I do think it's a big year for Klopp as he's had more than enough time to make this his team. It's very conceivable we don't go beyond the round of 16 in the CL, and finish out of the top 4. I don't see how that could be viewed as anything other than failure.

in regards to Chamberlain I think we should take Klopp at his word that he has been long interested in him. Having said that I don't see him adding a lot but I'll be the first to celebrate being proven wrong.

Klopp also said he was an admirer of Origi while at Dortmund. Pinch of salt.

Everyone is entitled to their view but I'm afraid I found the tone of the whole piece to be snide and divisive. One or two reasonable points were almost made, but when you have to traverse layers of snide to get to said point, it is self defeating.

If it's a wind up, well played.

If it's not a wind up, hopefully it only represents a tiny fraction of our fan base.

Of course the defence is iffy. Blah blah blah. But let's have some context to the moaning. We just qualified for the CL for only the second time in 8 years. We had a tricky game against Sevilla and on another night we'd have won it comfortably on the balance of play and chances. I'm backing us to progress through the group. We'll see.

As for the league, we've had an average start after four games, but again, some perspective please. Not many will come away from Man City with anything to show for the trip, never mind when you are a man down. We are one win back from matching the 10 point tally of the two teams at the top, with loads of football to be played.

As for the manager, I'm not aware of anyone who is blind to his faults. Everyone knows the team is set up with a bias to attack, and the defence is iffy. There are minor things beyond that, but that's the main flaw. If those on the negative side of the fence think they are true aficionados because they are the only ones who can see it, rest assured you are not.

The negativity grates, but each to his own on that. If that's how you see the world, more power to you. It is probabaly too much to ask for a modicum of perspective and a dash of fairness thrown in too.

Support the manager? Nah, I'll stick the boot in.

Well said!