You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - 3pm, Sat 16/09/17 - Just get the job done.

Trumo

Must win game. Get the three points and it's a decent start to the season all things considered. 2pts a game in the league and avoiding defeat against the only decent team in our cl group.

Thia squad isnt good enough to hope for much more than that.

Mane is a huge loss. A lot of onus on Salah now since he's the only other pacey attacker whose a threat.

We always seem to struggle against these playing our normal formation so I'd mix it up. Go two up front and give Sturridge a go. Play Moreno as wide man and Chamberlain on the other side. Give Salah a rest. I can't see this happening like. I think It will be as Dim Reaper says and we will struggle through it. If the defence don't go to sleep we will scrape a 1/2-0.

in the absence of Clyne, Gomez has to be right back. We might get away with Trent at home to Burnley but Id rather give Joe a chance to settle in a little more. Robertson has to be given a go.

AOC to replace Mane for for me. Coutinho is, clearly, off the pace right now (on last night's evidence) so should probably be given 30 minutes from the bench

in the absence of Clyne, Gomez has to be right back. We might get away with Trent at home to Burnley but Id rather give Joe a chance to settle in a little more. Robertson has to be given a go.

AOC to replace Mane for for me. Coutinho is, clearly, off the pace right now (on last night's evidence) so should probably be given 30 minutes from the bench

I agree that Gomez looks a better bet than TAA at this stage but I also think Trent needs some games to develop. Gomez is suspended for Moscow so I don't want to be throwing Trent into that game without any game time.

I'm not confident for this game which is mad. Where the fuck do we stand as a team I've no idea if we are shite or good.

We aren't as good as some make out (we could have been if we'd addressed the obvious issues in the transfer window).....we aren't as bad as we often paint ourselves either.

The worry for Saturday is it is a 3rd game in a week - something we just don't handle well and we are a 'streak' team IMHO - we go on winning streaks and we have losing (or not winning streaks) got this feeling we are smack bang in a not winning streak and it'll last for another couple/three games yet.

Klopp might fuck this up.

We're not even close to being able to deal with Wood and Vokes, and Burnley's defence will sit deep as fuck.

For the love of christ, get to the byline and get the ball low into the box.

What are the odds on a Burnley win?

Watched them play Palace last week. Were gifted an early goal by a defensive fuck up. Sat deep and effectively dealt with about 24 crosses over the course of the game. If that's our plan of attack I don't see us getting much.

Their back-up keeper came off the bench as an injury sub and played with confidence.

Won't be an easy game but I fancy us to win.

I'm unlikely to predict the team exactly but I'd like to see Solanke up top and Grujic in midfield. I'd have Salah and AOC offering width.

I like this suggestion. With Mane out we should have a little rethink. Grujic looked good in pre season to me. He has a goal in him, and he gets stuck in. And Solanke is hungry to impress too. 

I think we will keep a clean sheet. The defenders will be chastised by conceding seven goals in two games and will want to keep it tight at the back. Burnley are a solid Prem outfit these days, and breaking them down won't be easy, especially without Mane. Still, I'm going for a 2-0 home win in a fairly professional display. 

That would take us up to ten points and all of a sudden the start to the season won't look too bad.