You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - 3pm, Sat 16/09/17 - Just get the job done.

Trumo

He also signed Caulker, Klavan, Karius and Wijnaldum.

I don't put him miles ahead of Rodgers by any means...and I'm not Rodgers' biggest fan. Klopp's in-game management is woeful.

And when he signed, he said his first objective was to play with a recognisable brand of football. I genuinely don't see a massive change. I see the same situation ... strong attack- weak defence.

I don't have a problem with Gini. it's the rest of the midfield I have a problem with.

Can is a selfish egotistical dickhead, hence his contract situation. We're not going to get a penny for him, and he's spending his remaining time here shirking his defensive work in order to grab a couple of goals to push his stock higher.

• Upvote 1

Would be interested to know who people think could do a better job.

He's proven he can spot a player with both Mane and Sallah so he's already miles ahead of Rodgers on that score.

To be fair both of them were hardly undiscovered talents but I get your point.

Watching MOTD (I know i am a glutton for punishment)....

79 mins it took Burnley to win a corner and it came from awful defending and they have a man free who gets a free header from it after a deep corner and he almost scores.

From the resultant corner another deep corner same man is free again and gets a free header almost scores.

Fucking hell.

It is that kind of stuff that gets the negative atmopshere around ground going...people would be slating the original error that led to the corner, then the shoddy organisation defending the corner and then on top of it seconds later almost a carbon copy.

Burnley's game plan worked perfect. Waste time on goal kicks throw ins etc.

Keep loads of players behind the ball and frustrate the players & fans.

Have one or two chances during the 90 mins and take one.

That's how predictable we've become teams know they only have to create a couple of chances and they can score.

While we had something like 36 shots without working the Burnley second choice keeper very much at all.

If Klopp left / or was sacked at the end of this season who would you go for ? 

Klopp will stay at least another season after this one. He is the manager the owners always wanted and it's obvious by his actions in the market that he's being afforded loads of time and basically carte blanche.

But if ever something ridiculous was to happen and he left, I would want Sarri or Jardim. 

Klopp will stay at least another season after this one. He is the manager the owners always wanted and it's obvious by his actions in the market that he's being afforded loads of time and basically carte blanche.

But if ever something ridiculous was to happen and he left, I would want Sarri or Jardim. 

Yep, Sarri, Jardim (and Hassenhuttl) would be my picks too.

But, anyway, far too premature to be considering Klopp's potential replacements. Jurgen is top quality. Just wished he was that tad bit more pragmatic, he's shooting himself in the foot atm.

Serious question mate I'm not having a go,

If Klopp left / or was sacked at the end of this season who would you go for ?   I agree with the points you have been making about our defence and how Klopp doesn't learn or doesn't acknowledge the need to buy any other keeper or defender but I cant think of anyone who realistically would come here who would get us challenging for a title based on the money City / Chelsea and the mancs spend compared to what we would spend. Ancellotti maybe? i'd like to see Klopp spend £200m in one window and see where that took us unfortunately with FSG it will never happen.

Sacking Klopp anytime soon wouldn't make things any better for us. But he needs to learn from his mistakes; he needs a defensive coach to help him overhaul the backline. And bring in a better keeper, getting rid of both Mignolet and Karius. I was confident, from the progress we made last season, we would mount a serious challenge for the title this season. If anything, we have only regressed. Klopp should be given two more seasons including the currrent one. If he still fails to deliver, then I'm afraid it' be the end of the road for him.

It is how I see it. From the moment the Watford gsme started they've moaned and whinged.

Don't you mean from the moment our defence prolapsed against Watford yet again just like last season and the season before, having had a whole two summers to rectify it, then the whinging started?

OK, we can't go out and buy some decent defenders or a decent goalie but there is nothing to stop us getting a defensive coach to work with this dross and a keeper coach who can impart skills other than flapping and dithering

Sacking Klopp anytime soon wouldn't make things any better for us. But he needs to learn from his mistakes; he needs a defensive coach to help him overhaul the backline. And bring in a better keeper, getting rid of both Mignolet and Karius. I was confident, from the progress we made last season, we would mount a serious challenge for the title this season. If anything, we have only regressed. Klopp should be given two more seasons including the currrent one. If he still fails to deliver, then I'm afraid it' be the end of the road for him.

You don't need a defensive coach.

All you fucking need is a top notch keeper, 2 quality centre backs, that won't be bullied and win most things in the air and a defensive midfielder.

How comes every team hunting for trophies has a defensive midfielder and we fucking don't?

At least Lucas was some sort of defensive midfielder. Sadly he's gone. Can is nowhere good enough to fill that role, because he's thinks he's better than he actually is.

The reason fans have started turning on Klopp is because he's done fuck all in the transfer market to address any of this. Aside from Mane and Salah, he's bought very poorly. Average as fuck players.

No doubt someone will come along saying it's FSG's fault. No it fucking isn't. You don't need a billion pounds to buy better players than we currently have.

OK, we can't go out and buy some decent defenders or a decent goalie but there is nothing to stop us getting a defensive coach to work with this dross and a keeper coach who can impart skills other than flapping and dithering

What's Steve Clarke doing nowadays?

I thought he had a noticeable and immediate positive impact on the defence when bought in under Dalglish.

We dont a defensive coach,we simply need better defenders,and a true defensive midfield player. Too late now though,and we knew this weeks ago.

Until we get these players in, we're effectively handicapping ourselves by a 1/2 goals every game, meaning we have to score 2 or more to give ourselves a chance of winning a game.

Until we get these players in, we're effectively handicapping ourselves by a 1/2 goals every game, meaning we have to score 2 or more to give ourselves a chance of winning a game.

The players we currently have could be coached and set up sufficiently well, to beat Burnley and Watford.