You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

Just now, Numero said:

Just for clarity, Mate; here’s what they said... 

If you’re a trans woman, you may not have given much thought to Pap tests and cervical cancer. And if you haven’t, that makes a fair amount of sense. After all, in order to get cervical cancer, you need to have a cervix — that is, the organ that connects the vagina to the uterus.

If you’re a trans woman and have not had bottom surgery, you aren’t at risk for cervical cancer.

If, however, you’re a trans woman who has had bottom surgery to create a vagina (vaginoplasty) and possibly a cervix, there’s a very small risk that you can develop cancer in the tissues of your neo-vagina or neo-cervix.

The risk depends on the type of surgery you had, the type of tissue used to create your vagina and cervix and your personal health history. Talk to your healthcare provider to figure out your specific cancer-screening needs as part of your overall pelvic health following surgery.

Yes, thanks, I read it.

Bottom line is, "you may still be at risk and may require screening, speak to your healthcare provider". The perception of not being affected because of biological sex is the blocker the message is trying to dispel..

It may be quite a patronising statement, but most of these messages are when you boil down to it. People willingly ignore these risks for all sorts of reasons every day (I'm bad enough myself, never got my foot scanned after booting someone's studs in a match of the unmentionable - now I have a perma-bump), encouraging them not to works.

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yes, thanks, I read it.

Bottom line is, "you may still be at risk and may require screening, speak to your healthcare provider". The perception of not being affected because of biological sex is the blocker the message is trying to dispel..

It may be quite a patronising statement, but most of these messages are when you boil down to it. People willingly ignore these risks for all sorts of reasons every day (I'm bad enough myself, never got my foot scanned after booting someone's studs in a match of the unmentionable - now I have a perma-bump), encouraging them not to works.

No, I totally get it and I’m with you. I think any blocker is a bad thing. There is a fundamental truth in there though; they mention it themselves about cervical/cervix. Still, we've fucked that neo-vagina to death. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Charlize Theron has two adopted transgender daughters. Apparently they came out as girls when they were about 3 years old, because that's the kind of stuff 3 year old boys think about. 

Having one transgender kid must be quite rare, two in the same family though is crazy odds. 

And the fact they have a 'celebrity' mother even longer odds.

• Upvote 1

I read something today about women’s prisons and allowing men in them.  

Apparently women in prison have the right to be searched my female officers.  Fair enough. Trans women with a GRC are currently carved out of that right quite sensibly.  If we get self ID men identifying as women will be able to insist that intimate searches are undertaken by female officers. The officers will not be able to object, because (all together now) trans women are women and the carve outs will be removed.  They will be forced, by law and risk of the sack (quite literally) to handle women’s cock and balls. 

Was just reading about the Matrix film. From wiki :

"The film was initially set for release on May 21, 2021,[41] but was delayed to April 1, 2022, with Godzilla vs. Kong taking its release date due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

Brilliant. And Godzilla vs Kong? Fuck that. Godzilla vs Mothra maybe, but I'll pass on that thanks.