You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Even for you that straw man is fucking pathetic.

Not really mate. He literally said that Eminem should stick to indie and stop pretending to be black. Firstly, it reduces somebody who is widely accepted to be one of the greatest rappers ever to the colour of his skin. Secondly, it reduces black people to stereotype - there’s a 15 minute video of famous black rappers talking about Eminem and not a single one is dressed like Eminem is in that photo. It’s one step away from ‘you’re white, white people don't act this way’. 

Ardja isn’t racist, he’s just obtuse and ignorant. That’s some outdated bullshit. He’s probably just trolling again. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Not really mate. He literally said that Eminem should stick to indie and stop pretending to be black. Firstly, it reduces somebody who is widely accepted to be one of the greatest rappers ever to the colour of his skin. Secondly, it reduces black people to stereotype - there’s a 15 minute video of famous black rappers talking about Eminem and not a single one is dressed like Eminem is in that photo. It’s one step away from ‘you’re white, white people don't act this way’. 

Ardja isn’t racist, he’s just obtuse and ignorant. That’s some outdated bullshit. He’s probably just trolling again. 

To derive ought to be from is is a straw man building block.

I have no dog in this fight, but it's a tool used often by those trying to deflect attention away from others weak argument and it's pointless, as it's circular.

Anyhow's I get your point and agree.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Eminem is overrated and wouldn’t have been half as successful if he was black. I bet he looks back now and cringes at himself. Actually he wouldn’t care in all likelihood, as it made him $$$$$$$$$.

Look what you’ve done @Section_31!

Have you even paid attention to his career? Eminem's whole shtick is that he's white in a black man's genre. Which is why he's a bit corny. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Have you even paid attention to his career? Eminem's whole shtick is that he's white in a black man's genre. Which is why he's a bit corny. 

I know, which is why the denial I’m witnessing here is baffling.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, John102 said:

I literally looked at this thread about an hour or so ago and it was about JK Rowlings views on trans issues. 

How has it got to Eminem being a shit rapper and Ardja's brother's fashion choices?

Section 31 made a post about how ‘the liberals’ would lose their heads if a white dude came out and self identified as black. I responded saying he had a point as I always found Eminem cringeworthy. Then I got pounced. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

I'm disagreeing with you, you dingbat. Eminem has always very much put an emphasis on his whiteness, rather then try to "act black". . 

It’s a transparent self-deprecating schtick, like “oh look at me I’m not as bad as Vanilla Ice because I can laugh at myself”.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

You wouldn’t even have to do that. You just copy their culture. Justin Timberlake, Eminem and Miley Cyrus pretty much made their money pretending to be black, to varying degree of success. The Beatles also kickstarted their fame by playing black music to a white audience.

The Beatles,Stones etc were big fans of Blues Music which was predominately black music yet those black artists were largely unknown because they were not given the opportunity to play to mainstream audiences due to being discriminated against. The British bands gave those black artists the chance to show their talent as musicians,not just black musicians. The British musicians made both the actual world and the musical world a much better place through those actions.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This is some bullshit. Eminem up to and including Encore was boss. The music of my youth. I grew out of it at that point which was around the time that 3 Stacks was still sucking on his momma’s titties. 

Get yo‘ bitch ass outta here. 

Stacksito: Young stud

Turdseye: Washed up

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The Marshall Mathers LP was superb 

Do yourself a favour:

Madvillain - Madvillainy

OutKast - Aquemini

A Tribe Called Quest - Beats, Rhythms & Life

Kendrick Lamar - Damn

Common - Like Water for Chocolate

• Upvote 1