You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have no idea. Does she?

I hope so, spoils the wank otherwise.  

(As an aside perverts often attend women’s weightlifting events as the strain and effort sometimes causes the lifters to wet themselves. That’s dedication to wanking)

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I hope so, spoils the wank otherwise.  

(As an aside perverts often attend women’s weightlifting events as the strain and effort sometimes causes the lifters to wet themselves. That’s dedication to wanking)

Goes to www.womensweightlifting.com and checks out event schedule.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, redheart said:

I'm yet to see a credible argument which refutes the information and findings in this clip.  The argument that trans-women have not, so far, emerged as a significant force in women's sport is not credible.  In other areas of life, politics, law, sport etc we lament a lack of foresight, of having to try to close the stable door after the horse has bolted so I commend those women and men trying their hardest to protect fair competition in female sport. 

If you disagree then provide the evidence and I'm sure people will listen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

Laurel hasn't lifted anywhere close to the world record for her category and she might not even make the Olympics. What a waste of time transitioning to try and make the Olympics and failing to do so. Can she get her penis back if this fails?

What age are weightlifters normally? The three medalists at the last World Championships in the same weight division as Hubbard were 19,28 and 29. And yet a 42 year old man can be competitive with them. 

Looking at the medallists in the history of the World Heavyweight Championships they tend to be aged between 19 and 30. Not surprising as that is when you are at your healthiest and strongest. 

And yet a 42 year old biological male with dodgy health and injury records can compete with women.

He must be very proud

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, redheart said:

What age are weightlifters normally? The three medalists at the last World Championships in the same weight division as Hubbard were 19,28 and 29. And yet a 42 year old man can be competitive with them. 

Looking at the medallists in the history of the World Heavyweight Championships they tend to be aged between 19 and 30. Not surprising as that is when you are at your healthiest and strongest. 

And yet a 42 year old biological male with dodgy health and injury records can compete with women.

He must be very proud.

Way to go with the transphobia. Laurel Hubbard isn't a man. 

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

You can bet your life they won’t watch that.  

as I mentioned earlier she’s part of the team WRU have asked to look into women in rugby.  

"They"

Am I one of "they". If so, you win your bet. I've never watched any long (10 mins plus) videos on here unless someone can suggest a good reason for it.

4 hours ago, redheart said:

He must be very proud

Why even go there?  It just undermines the rest of your argument.  The important thing is that competitive female sport is protected, not whether someone identifies as female - why should that matter if it doesn't harm others? 

But it does harm others.

Biological men demanding to be deemed as women for all purposes does harm others.

Ask the victims of Karen White. A man who raped numerous women including a pregnant woman, repeatedly stabbed a neighbour, and demanded to be placed into a female prison because he claimed to be female. He was allowed in and raped vulnerable inmates. I hope that whilst the vulnerable inmates were being raped by Stephen Wood's "ladycock" screamed in an anger and terror but were consoled by the fact that nobody was being transphobic.  Also why are the press referring to White as  a woman? He clearly isn't. He's a man with a dick and uncontrolled male sexual violence and aggression. Also women cannot legally commit rape in law in England and Wales. So how can White/Wood be a woman and a rapist. Simple he cannot.

Ask those in refuge centres who been subjected to years of domestic abuse are given a safe haven and only feel safe because there are no men there. Unfortunately there are no having to admit biological men, who look like men etc because the rights of a man to "feel" like  a woman trumps anyone else's rights and interests.

Also women now have to define themselves as CIS women etc so they dont exclude or offend M to F trans men.

Time and time again it is the rights of women which get trampled on and forgotten. It is women who have to accommodate men or be threatened or abuse and called bigots.

A lot of this is the same aged old male entitlement and aggression.

How many F to M trans go on twitter threatening to cut up TERFs?

How many F to M trans demand to box etc against men?

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, redheart said:

But it does harm others.

Biological men demanding to be deemed as women for all purposes does harm others.

Ask the victims of Karen White. A man who raped numerous women including a pregnant woman, repeatedly stabbed a neighbour, and demanded to be placed into a female prison because he claimed to be female. He was allowed in and raped vulnerable inmates. I hope that whilst the vulnerable inmates were being raped by Stephen Wood's "ladycock" screamed in an anger and terror but were consoled by the fact that nobody was being transphobic.  Also why are the press referring to White as  a woman? He clearly isn't. He's a man with a dick and uncontrolled male sexual violence and aggression. Also women cannot legally commit rape in law in England and Wales. So how can White/Wood be a woman and a rapist. Simple he cannot.

Ask those in refuge centres who been subjected to years of domestic abuse are given a safe haven and only feel safe because there are no men there. Unfortunately there are no having to admit biological men, who look like men etc because the rights of a man to "feel" like  a woman trumps anyone else's rights and interests.

Also women now have to define themselves as CIS women etc so they dont exclude or offend M to F trans men.

Time and time again it is the rights of women which get trampled on and forgotten. It is women who have to accommodate men or be threatened or abuse and called bigots.

A lot of this is the same aged old male entitlement and aggression.

How many F to M trans go on twitter threatening to cut up TERFs?

How many F to M trans demand to box etc against men?

You're using examples where it does do harm to others, and on those points I don't disagree as mentioned a few posts ago, female safe spaces and competitive female sports should be protected in my opinion.

But that's a seperate thing to deliberately misgendering someone which makes it sound less like you have an issue with cis women's rights and more like you have an issue with gender identity and self determination. 

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

"They"

Am I one of "they". If so, you win your bet. I've never watched any long (10 mins plus) videos on here unless someone can suggest a good reason for it.

It's a video about trans women competing in female sports.  It's well worth a watch no matter your stance but particularly if you think it's fair for trans women to compete with biological women, and / or if you agree with the IOC guidelines.  Even if you only watch the first 10 minutes, there's loads of info and reasoned argument in there. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Moo said:

You're using examples where it does do harm to others, and on those points I don't disagree as mentioned a few posts ago, female safe spaces and competitive female sports should be protected in my opinion.

But that's a seperate thing to deliberately misgendering someone which makes it sound less like you have an issue with cis women's rights and more like you have an issue with gender identity and self determination. 

Because he is an example of a make harming women. This is not the deliberare misgendering a harmless person to upset.

Hubbard is a perfect example of make self-entitlement. He is competing against women in an unfair manager and any rational person would realise that he is oppressing women and robbing them of their dreams after years of hard work and dedication. Thus in this context it is appropriate and imperative that we emphasise that a "he" is competing against a "she" with an unfair biological advantage

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, redheart said:

Because he is an example of a make harming women. This is not the deliberare misgendering a harmless person to upset.

Hubbard is a perfect example of make self-entitlement. He is competing against women in an unfair manager and any rational person would realise that he is oppressing women and robbing them of their dreams after years of hard work and dedication. Thus in this context it is appropriate and imperative that we emphasise that a "he" is competing against a "she" with an unfair biological advantage

I really admire people who conflate opinions and facts. There's no consensus within the scientific community on this yet here we are, someone on a social media forum saying all trans athletes have an advantage over their cis counterparts. 

Conversely I've read there are around 200 trans athletes competing in the NCAA'S yet people can only point to the performances of one or 2 and apply that as the norm for trans athletes taking opportunities away from cisgendered athletes. 

Now, if the scientists come to a consensus and say that there's evidence that trans athletes have an advantage over cis athletes then that's something that should be recognised. But you just making stating an opinion as fact is just nonsense.

25 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I really admire people who conflate opinions and facts. There's no consensus within the scientific community on this yet here we are, someone on a social media forum saying all trans athletes have an advantage over their cis counterparts. 

Conversely I've read there are around 200 trans athletes competing in the NCAA'S yet people can only point to the performances of one or 2 and apply that as the norm for trans athletes taking opportunities away from cisgendered athletes. 

Now, if the scientists come to a consensus and say that there's evidence that trans athletes have an advantage over cis athletes then that's something that should be recognised. But you just making stating an opinion as fact is just nonsense.

Did you watch the video?  Plus there’s the fact anyone trying to put that point of view across is immediately called a bigot and risks losing their livelihood.  

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

Men as a category are stronger than women.

Men as a category are faster than women.

Men as a category are more aggressive than woman.

Men are better at sports.

All these are facts that we have known for thousands of years.

Anyone who denies it is delusional

16 minutes ago, redheart said:

Men as a category are stronger than women.

Men as a category are faster than women.

Men as a category are more aggressive than woman.

Men are better at sports.

All these are facts that we have known for thousands of years.

Anyone who denies it is delusional

I am guessing this is down largely to testosterone,eg having a penis and testicles? I don't think anybody who has these organs is on a level playing field with women at all and that's without any discussion over women's shelters and changing rooms either.

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I am guessing this is down largely to testosterone,eg having a penis and testicles? I don't think anybody who has these organs is on a level playing field with women at all and that's without any discussion over women's shelters and changing rooms either.

Most of the changes are fixed after puberty. So reducing testosterone afterwards doesn’t work. 

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its not just that.

It is heart size. Lung size. Muscle strength. Recovery time. The structure and the way the legs differ between the sexes (think birth canal).

Its a range of biological factors.

• Upvote 1