You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

I’m too scared to have an opinion on anything in case it’s judged to be the wrong opinion and then I’m judged .....phobic or whatever the fuck the latest shaming words are. Live and let live, works both ways sometimes.

I think the word you're looking for is Tory

http://newsthump.com/2017/09/12/six-year-old-boy-wearily-sits-down-confused-parents-to-explain-transgender-issues/

Six-year-old boy wearily sits down confused parents to explain transgender issues

boys-gender-issues-small.jpg

Six-year-old Jake Williams has sat his parents down to try explaining the confusing topic of gender fluidity for the seventeenth time.

Williams says he is dismayed that the confusion of his parents is in danger of bringing further embarrassing press coverage on his family.

Jake told us,”The school explained it to me, and I understood straight away and then got on with my day, so it’s my duty to explain it to my confused parents at home who are, admittedly, quite slow at understanding this kind of stuff.

“I lost an entire weekend this summer explaining to my dad how planes stay in the sky, but I would have thought this concept was pretty straight forward.

“Some boys feel like girls, and some girls feel like boys – that’s how the school explained it to me, and to be honest, that was all I needed. Eleven words and it made perfect sense to me. I hoped it would be the same for my mum and dad, but I was wrong.

“It’s strange, it seems like a simple concept like this should be easy to just accept and move on with your day, but they had loads of questions and kept saying it was ‘just wrong’.

“They have difficulty with this, yet they had no trouble at all believing a story about a talking snake who tricked a woman into eating an apple that made me, thousands of years later, a sinner from birth.  No questions about that at all. It’s very strange.”

Williams’ parents have defended their confusion, telling us, “Boys should be boys, and girls should be girls. That’s just common sense, right? Other people should be forced to live their life precisely how I want them to live it.

“Oh, and never, ever, listen to talking snakes. Especially if it’s not clear whether it’s a boy snake or a girl snake.”

• Upvote 1

It would be nice if they were as concerned about the rights of Aboriginal people before they start on any kind of moral crusade.

"Safe schools" is a program designed by professional educators to help with bullying in schools. Kids do an hour or so a week on "resilience" to help them cope with situations and provide a supportive learning environment.

The only reason it became "controversial" was a handful of old male right wing politicians kicked up a stink about it as it taught kids that being gay wasn't a bad thing and to treat all people as individuals.

Rather ironically, given your comment, the same types who think the abos are welfare bludgers and crims who should just pull themselves together and get a job.

• Upvote 1

My girl cousin is 7, has short hair, wears clothes from the 'boys' section, and plays with predominantly 'boys' toys. When they play pretend she is always the 'king' or the 'prince' etc. Her parents just let her be happy and don't worry about gender, which is the way it should be IMO.

Spot on.  This is why John Lewis are absolutely right to drop the Boys and Girls labels from their children's clothes.  If a little girl wants to wear something with dinosaurs on it - or a little boy wants to wear something with unicorns on it - why should they be told that they're cross-dressing, like some kind of deviant?  Why not just let them wear clothes?

Needless to say, the predictable shitbags reacted to this as if everyone in the country were being subject to forced gender reassignment.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/11/tory-councillor-wants-to-burn-john-lewis-loyalty-cards-over-gender-neutral-clothes-6920280/

The Deputy Leader of Portsmouth City Council (Tory - natch) wants people to burn their John Lewis loyalty cards.

"‘My comments relate to the store’s policy of marketing skirts, dresses and bras to boys."

The Daily Mail went full-Daily-Mail - especially in the Comments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4845676/John-Lewis-ditches-boys-girls-labels-clothes.html

Best-Rated Comments:

The world has gone mad!

These are the facts. There are boys and girls. Men and women. There are no other genders. This is fact. If you are in possession of a penis then you are a man. Vagina yep you guessed it, a woman. I am a 38 year old white man but I identify as a 73 year old black lady called odetta. And this would just be accepted??? We have gone bonkers absolutely bonkers. Wonder what the next stupid band wagon we will be jumping on? Equal rights for toasters? Gender reassignment for animals?

And Worst-Rated Comments:

About time. Although you have to specify boys and girls or girls and boys is still beyond me. Why not just have sizes? We don't have men and women on adult labels so why on children's clothes?

Spot on.  This is why John Lewis are absolutely right to drop the Boys and Girls labels from their children's clothes.  If a little girl wants to wear something with dinosaurs on it - or a little boy wants to wear something with unicorns on it - why should they be told that they're cross-dressing, like some kind of deviant?  Why not just let them wear clothes?

Needless to say, the predictable shitbags reacted to this as if everyone in the country were being subject to forced gender reassignment.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/11/tory-councillor-wants-to-burn-john-lewis-loyalty-cards-over-gender-neutral-clothes-6920280/

The Deputy Leader of Portsmouth City Council (Tory - natch) wants people to burn their John Lewis loyalty cards.

"‘My comments relate to the store’s policy of marketing skirts, dresses and bras to boys."

The Daily Mail went full-Daily-Mail - especially in the Comments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4845676/John-Lewis-ditches-boys-girls-labels-clothes.html

Best-Rated Comments:

The world has gone mad!

These are the facts. There are boys and girls. Men and women. There are no other genders. This is fact. If you are in possession of a penis then you are a man. Vagina yep you guessed it, a woman. I am a 38 year old white man but I identify as a 73 year old black lady called odetta. And this would just be accepted??? We have gone bonkers absolutely bonkers. Wonder what the next stupid band wagon we will be jumping on? Equal rights for toasters? Gender reassignment for animals?

And Worst-Rated Comments:

About time. Although you have to specify boys and girls or girls and boys is still beyond me. Why not just have sizes? We don't have men and women on adult labels so why on children's clothes?

Please stop linking stuff to the daily mail, a click is a click to them. I totally agree with your argument BTW.

"Safe schools" is a program designed by professional educators to help with bullying in schools. Kids do an hour or so a week on "resilience" to help them cope with situations and provide a supportive learning environment.

The only reason it became "controversial" was a handful of old male right wing politicians kicked up a stink about it as it taught kids that being gay wasn't a bad thing and to treat all people as individuals.

Rather ironically, given your comment, the same types who think the abos are welfare bludgers and crims who should just pull themselves together and get a job.

I stand absolutely corrected of course.  Thanks JJ.

Fair enough. A good idea gatecrashed by the 'look at me,look at me' crowd of cunts. I see a pattern.

http://newsthump.com/2017/09/12/six-year-old-boy-wearily-sits-down-confused-parents-to-explain-transgender-issues/

Six-year-old boy wearily sits down confused parents to explain transgender issues

boys-gender-issues-small.jpg

Six-year-old Jake Williams has sat his parents down to try explaining the confusing topic of gender fluidity for the seventeenth time.

Williams says he is dismayed that the confusion of his parents is in danger of bringing further embarrassing press coverage on his family.

Jake told us,”The school explained it to me, and I understood straight away and then got on with my day, so it’s my duty to explain it to my confused parents at home who are, admittedly, quite slow at understanding this kind of stuff.

“I lost an entire weekend this summer explaining to my dad how planes stay in the sky, but I would have thought this concept was pretty straight forward.

“Some boys feel like girls, and some girls feel like boys – that’s how the school explained it to me, and to be honest, that was all I needed. Eleven words and it made perfect sense to me. I hoped it would be the same for my mum and dad, but I was wrong.

“It’s strange, it seems like a simple concept like this should be easy to just accept and move on with your day, but they had loads of questions and kept saying it was ‘just wrong’.

“They have difficulty with this, yet they had no trouble at all believing a story about a talking snake who tricked a woman into eating an apple that made me, thousands of years later, a sinner from birth.  No questions about that at all. It’s very strange.”

Williams’ parents have defended their confusion, telling us, “Boys should be boys, and girls should be girls. That’s just common sense, right? Other people should be forced to live their life precisely how I want them to live it.

“Oh, and never, ever, listen to talking snakes. Especially if it’s not clear whether it’s a boy snake or a girl snake.”

Did you hear those 2 lumps who had taken their child out of school because he was 'confused' when another child had come into school sometimes dressed in trousers and sometimes in a skirt?

Never thought of getting him to talk about his confusion and trying to provide assurance and a simple age appropriate explanation rather than go along with your idea of home schooling him because you can't accept other people's difference.

Having said that I am definitely with those who have questioned making an 'issue' out a six year old expressing thoughts that do not match conforming stereotypes.

Did you hear those 2 lumps who had taken their child out of school because he was 'confused' when another child had come into school sometimes dressed in trousers and sometimes in a skirt?

Never thought of getting him to talk about his confusion and trying to provide assurance and a simple age appropriate explanation rather than go along with your idea of home schooling him because you can't accept other people's difference.

Having said that I am definitely with those who have questioned making an 'issue' out a six year old expressing thoughts that do not match conforming stereotypes.

This is how his "confusion" should have played out.

"But, Mummy, why does he dress that way?"

"None of your fucking business. Or mine. Or the national media's."