You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

Disagree with all their conclusions but the analysis of religion's importance in structuring society and the psychological traits of the right and left are interesting. The left's current religion is intersectionality when it really needs to be focused on class. Would have loved to see Christopher Hitchens go up against Peterson and dismantle his arguments. Alas. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hades said:

Disagree with all their conclusions but the analysis of religion's importance in structuring society and the psychological traits of the right and left are interesting. The left's current religion is intersectionality when it really needs to be focused on class. Would have loved to see Christopher Hitchens go up against Peterson and dismantle his arguments. Alas. 

Here you go;

https://intersectionalityscore.com/?from=share&score=14

I got 13.  

This is in the result section; 

How can I improve my score?
Unfortunately, you are born with most of your intersectional factors. However, you can make some improvement to your score by getting more involved with Islam or Judaism, donate all excess wealth to charity, or explore the wild side of your sexuality. The easiest way to improve your score, however, is to champion the intersectionality of your more-marginalized friends. You may award yourself up to 5 points depending on the level of your activism.

1 hour ago, Hades said:

It really isn't, it's a 30 year old piece of sociological analysis which has actually proved useful in developing social discourse, but sure - I'm the one who's been unfair by not wanting to sit through a fucking podcast...

Amazing that people still fundamentally misunderstand it as a tool to reduce people to a few traits in the name of "identity politics" or some such SM-driven bollocks, rather than an analytic framework that demonstrates that broad demographic led thinking is flawed and that social improvement is more than throwing money at problems and casting blame at underprivileged sections of society.

You are right in that the focus still should be on class and redistribution as well, sometimes these theories have just tricked the upper-middle and upper classes into ignoring the detriment of hoarding their wealth, in favour of empty good intentions and "understanding".

The programme mentioned earlier in the thread was interesting.  The presenter had been a Tom boy as a kid and is sure that if there’d been the chance to take puberty blockers and hormones she would have.  She grew out of it and is now a psychologist.  

One of the trans women filmed attacking the talk has since come out and said she was wrong and she realises that being a big fucker in a balaclava could have frightened women.  No fucking shit.  

The problem with self ID is that it seems evident to me that just saying you are female doesn’t make you so. Biological sex exists and unless you are in the tiny, tiny minority of intersex people then you are either a man or a woman.

I can’t find it on my phone but there was a poll recently by Survation or someone asking if someone with male genitalia who identifies as a woman is really a woman and 51% said she wasn’t and 19% she was. The rest didn’t know. 

I’ll admit I just assumed that most trans women had the intention of transitioning but looking into it loads don’t take hormones or have any intention of having a sex change.

So should people with fully functioning male genitalia be allowed into women’s only spaces, allowed to compete in women’s sports etc... if you think the answer to that is no then apparently you’re transphobic?

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

So should people with fully functioning male genitalia be allowed into women’s only spaces, allowed to compete in women’s sports etc... if you think the answer to that is no then apparently you’re transphobic?

Are you? According to whom?

9 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

The problem with self ID is that it seems evident to me that just saying you are female doesn’t make you so. Biological sex exists and unless you are in the tiny, tiny minority of intersex people then you are either a man or a woman.

I can’t find it on my phone but there was a poll recently by Survation or someone asking if someone with male genitalia who identifies as a woman is really a woman and 51% said she wasn’t and 19% she was. The rest didn’t know. 

I’ll admit I just assumed that most trans women had the intention of transitioning but looking into it loads don’t take hormones or have any intention of having a sex change.

There’s a train of thought that if you don’t want to have sex with someone who IDs as a woman but has a penis you are transphobic. That’s just fucking crazy.  

Ive said before I’ve no issue with people living how the fuck they want but it seems to have been weaponised by the far left. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

It's not known I don't think as it wasn't on census forms or the like, but it is rising (or more people are admitting it)... but like NV stated earlier in the thread that is not Petersons point!! the point is more I can put a dress on but it doesn't make me a female...

let's look at it another way, if it is 0.1% how and why are they dictacting the narrative ??? 

They aren’t? I’m pretty certain the ones dictating the narrative are the fellas like Peterson who appear on every single mainstream platform and are fluffed by all and sundry.

There’s no such thing as the trans lobby, trans people are not a powerful special interest group. They are one of the most systematically oppressed groups in society and, believe it or not, having bigots like Peterson arguing over whether or not they have the right to exist isn’t helping matters. 

3 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

There’s a train of thought that if you don’t want to have sex with someone who IDs as a woman but has a penis you are transphobic. That’s just fucking crazy.  

Ive said before I’ve no issue with people living how the fuck they want but it seems to have been weaponised by the far left. 

Idiocy. Sheer fucking idiocy

14 minutes ago, moof said:

Are you? According to whom?

Loads of people to be fair. Owen Jones, Stonewall, tons of prominent people and organisations say it’s as simple as you say you’re a woman then you are. Trans women are women and so on.

5 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

That’s still a pretty niche view thankfully but I’ve seen it espoused plenty of times on Twitter.

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

Loads of people to be fair. Owen Jones, Stonewall, tons of prominent people and organisations say it’s as simple as you say you’re a woman then you are. Trans women are women and so on.

Fair enough. It’s clearly far more nuanced than that. Particularly the issues of participation in sports and the takeover of women only spaces being two major problems that need sorting. 

17 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

the 0.1% there abouts

It seems to have very little to do with the 0.1% of people. As moof rightly says, it's not like they're a powerful group. In fact, it's probably incredibly difficult for them to even live their everyday lives. Those aren't the ones that are really being fought against, rather a group of confused, vocal, aggressive types. There is some on the left - again, I've been a left-winger all my life - who see and treat this issue as if anybody with a countering opinion is a [insert bizarre SJW style insult here]. It's might be difficult for some to separate out criticism of those going through a transition and genuine concerns for the implications upon speech, women's rights and safety, etc.