You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Tories encouraging bullying of trans kids. (Make no mistake, if a kid in school consistently called a cis girl "he" or a cis boy "she", it would be recognised as bullying and everyone would expect the bully to be punished.)

It says they shouldn’t be punished if they refuse to go along with the new orthodoxy. I don’t see an issue here. Do you think kids should be punished for not taking part in Stonewall classes ? 

23 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

It says they shouldn’t be punished if they refuse to go along with the new orthodoxy. I don’t see an issue here. Do you think kids should be punished for not taking part in Stonewall classes ? 

Did you see the pic of the 4 yr old coming out as a boy at a pride event last week?  It’s child abuse. 

37 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What a fucking stupid argument. Nobody claims that a skeleton provides a definitive indication of biological sex. 

Sorry, Angry, but I think that the medical community will disagree. Especially pathologists.

41 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Did you decide to skip the first sentence?

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Sorry, Angry, but I think that the medical community will disagree. Especially pathologists.

Sex chromosomes, gonads, internal reproductive organs, external genitalia... there are significant determinants of biological sex that rot away before the skeleton.

29 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think we’re getting near the peak of this nonsense now. People claiming that bone structures do not indicate biological sex. Yes they do. That’s a fact not an opinion. 

Nobody claimed that skeletons aren't an indicator. That would be stupid. Other indicators exist; to pick one and pretend that it's the definitive one is just daft.

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nobody claimed that skeletons aren't an indicator. That would be stupid. Other indicators exist; to pick one and pretend that it's the definitive one is just daft.

You’re own post says “Nobody claims that a skeleton provides a definitive indication of biological sex. ”  Then in the next post you say nobody says they aren’t.

On reflection, I think you must have made a typo in the first post ? 

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The fuck you get this shite from? 

This is just another reason why it's right not to take you seriously on this thread.

You’ve just said that not agreeing with a kid who’s said they’ve changed sex is bullying.  So are we supposed to just go along with it or is it ‘real’?  Do we tell anorexics ‘yes love, you are fat’?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did you decide to skip the first sentence?

Yes and I think it’s fine. If a kid wants to call himself she or vice versa then that’s their choice and its fine but crucially its everybody else’s choice in that situation whether or not they go along with it. It’s not bullying if a kid refuses to accept choices about other kid’s pronouns, it’s personal freedom. It’s a massively dangerous precedent to talk of “punishing “ kids if they don’t accept the current liberal orthodox thought. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

You’re own post says “Nobody claims that a skeleton provides a definitive indication of biological sex. ”  Then in the next post you say nobody says they aren’t.

On reflection, I think you must have made a typo in the first post ? 

On reflection I think you must not understand the word "definitive".

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Yes and I think it’s fine. If a kid wants to call himself she or vice versa then that’s their choice and its fine but crucially its everybody else’s choice in that situation whether or not they go along with it. It’s not bullying if a kid refuses to accept choices about other kid’s pronouns, it’s personal freedom. It’s a massively dangerous precedent to talk of “punishing “ kids if they don’t accept the current liberal orthodox thought. 

Compelled speech. 

in other news a man with no tournament wins who retired from darts in 2018 has now started to play again as Victoria.  Immediately wins New Zealand Open. Stunning and brave. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

So, you'd take that attitude if someone in your son's class decided to call him "she/her" all the time? You wouldn't consider that a form of bullying?

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You’ve just said that not agreeing with a kid who’s said they’ve changed sex is bullying.  So are we supposed to just go along with it or is it ‘real’?  Do we tell anorexics ‘yes love, you are fat’?

Mad as a box of frogs on acid.

I believe in human rights. I believe in equality. I believe that any kid who wants to be called "he" should be called "he" and any kid who wants to be called "she" should be called "she".

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So, you'd take that attitude if someone in your son's class decided to call him "she/her" all the time? You wouldn't consider that a form of bullying?

Well it would be bullying because it wouldn’t be true. Why should everyone else have to play pretend?