You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not a subject that particularly interests me tbh but of all of the seemingly endlessly ridiculous phrases in an increasingly utterly hatstand world “pregnant people” is surely the crowning turd on the pile 

If its pregnant people why can't a pregnant man sue a women who got them pregnant. Seems odd to imply both genders can get pregnant but only one can do the impregnating.

21 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

If its pregnant people why can't a pregnant man sue a women who got them pregnant. Seems odd to imply both genders can get pregnant but only one can do the impregnating.

It’s almost like it’s a mens rights movement. 

The auld boy on the reception at my work speaks to everyone as the come in, today he was speaking to me & this guy comes in, long hair, face caked in make up and wearing a dress. The auld boy goes, "Good morning Sir, how can I help you today?".

I went up the stairs pissing myself.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mook said:

The auld boy on the reception at my work speaks to everyone as the come in, today he was speaking to me & this guy comes in, long hair, face caked in make up and wearing a dress. The auld boy goes, "Good morning Sir, how can I help you today?".

I went up the stairs pissing myself.

Didn't know you worked at funny girls mate.

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

For a little light relief read this. It’s not a parody, it’s completely serious.  Fucking mental.  

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/football-everyone-meet-cheshire-fas-24429555

"I love my football and obviously I can't play male football anymore, because I'm a woman."

No, you would be fully entitled to play male football but cant or wont because you are probably not good enough. Quite happy to refer to Pippa as she or her but when push comes to shove she is a man.

21 minutes ago, A Red said:

"I love my football and obviously I can't play male football anymore, because I'm a woman."

No, you would be fully entitled to play male football but cant or wont because you are probably not good enough. Quite happy to refer to Pippa as she or her but when push comes to shove she is a man.

Less than average as a man, wins as woman. 

Women aren’t shit blokes. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

For a little light relief read this. It’s not a parody, it’s completely serious.  Fucking mental.  

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/football-everyone-meet-cheshire-fas-24429555

Dunno the background of it all but I often suspect there's an element of '15 minutes of fame' or at the very least 'attention' with all this.

In this day and age, in certain circles, what better way to go from a nobody to someone who everyone is watching their Ps and Qs around all day, everyday, and being described as brave and whatnot. 

I know some shrink in the States got slated for saying it but there'd have been a time when teenage girls especially would have gone to other lengths to express certainly feelings and/or get attention. Be it eating disorders, tattoos, dating the wrong boy and all the rest of it. Now you walk into a classroom, workplace, school prom as different gender and you get a round of applause and possibly even a newspaper article for your trouble.

Again, to caveat it all, I'm not saying that's what is going on in every case, and there are - and always have been - people who find this a serious psychological and spiritual struggle who deserve support and help to become whatever they want - as long as they're not hurting anyone then god speed.

But there's also, IMO, a sizeable chunk of people who just like being part of a movement, a movement that's shown itself to have considerable power to influence and instill fear, people otherwise powerless and ignored but now powerless and ignored no longer, udner pain of a shitstiorm of Twitter, HR, and possibly even legal hell.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Dunno the background of it all but I often suspect there's an element of '15 minutes of fame' or at the very least 'attention' with all this.

In this day and age, in certain circles, what better way to go from a nobody to someone who everyone is watching their Ps and Qs around all day, everyday, and being described as brave and whatnot. 

I know some shrink in the States got slated for saying it but there'd have been a time when teenage girls especially would have gone to other lengths to express certainly feelings and/or get attention. Be it eating disorders, tattoos, dating the wrong boy and all the rest of it. Now you walk into a classroom, workplace, school prom as different gender and you get a round of applause and possibly even a newspaper article for your trouble.

Again, to caveat it all, I'm not saying that's what is going on in every case, and there are - and always have been - people who find this a serious psychological and spiritual struggle who deserve support and help to become whatever they want - as long as they're not hurting anyone then god speed.

But there's also, IMO, a sizeable chunk of people who just like being part of a movement, a movement that's shown itself to have considerable power to influence and instill fear, people otherwise powerless and ignored but now powerless and ignored no longer, udner pain of a shitstiorm of Twitter, HR, and possibly even legal hell.

There’s some merit to that.  The number of girls with anorexia has dropped off a cliff, whilst those identifying as trans has exploded.  

Now, when you hear about people saying that ‘conversion therapy’ is horrific and the only model is affirmation (you say you’re trans therefore we can’t explore any alternative like say, you’re gay or autistic) then apply that to anorexia?  We don’t say to young anorexics ‘You know what love you do have a fat arse, 100 calories a day for you’. 

Scratch the surface and it’s mental.