You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

1 minute ago, CapeRed said:

Fuckin brave arent they hiding behind sunglasses and scarves

One of them wore his work T-shirt. Silly boy. 

Although in good news FINA has today approved a policy where no male who’s been through puberty can swim as a woman.  

41 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The Chair of FINA said that it’s imperative to follow the science and views of the women impacted by the decision.  Someone best tell AoT.  

I feel so silly now, after arguing *checks notes* that decisions about participation in sports are best left to the governing bodies of those sports.

38 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I feel so silly now, after arguing *checks notes* that decisions about participation in sports are best left to the governing bodies of those sports.

Ha ha but why are they excluding women? Because your argument has always been TWAW. 

I seem to remember you saying the science was moving towards there being more than 2 sexes. Changed your mind? 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha but why are they excluding women? Because your argument has always been TWAW. 

I seem to remember you saying the science was moving towards there being more than 2 sexes. Changed your mind? 

No. Ask me about science and I'll repeat what science still says. Ask me my opinion on sports governance and I'll repeat that the decisions are best made by the governing bodies (and not some obsessed crank from a football forum).

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No. Ask me about science and I'll repeat what science still says. Ask me my opinion on sports governance and I'll repeat that the decisions are best made by the governing bodies (and not some obsessed crank from a football forum).

It still says there are two sexes. Phew. Well done. 

What if football says TW can play despite going through puberty and swimming says they can’t? 

36 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What if football says TW can play despite going through puberty and swimming says they can’t? 

51 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ask me my opinion on sports governance and I'll repeat that the decisions are best made by the governing bodies (and not some obsessed crank from a football forum).

On 18/06/2022 at 15:29, No2 said:

I was at a mini World Cup today. Over 1200 players, tonnes of both boys and girls teams. I stumbled across one match, looked to be an u13s girls match. In the 5 minutes I watched a young boy tore it up, I can only assume this boy is a girl or thinks he's a girl or is allowed to play as a girl or kicked up enough stink somebody said he can be a girl. The world is fucked, that much I do know. The group of young girls will now always remember losing a final because the other team had a boy in their team.

An interesting point.  Why would that person be so much better unless reached puberty?  What are the physical advantages at that age?  

ps, what made you think the person was a boy?

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

An interesting point.  Why would that person be so much better unless reached puberty?  What are the physical advantages at that age?  

ps, what made you think the person was a boy?

Are you seriously suggesting that a 13 yr old boy and 13 yr old girl have the same athletic performance?  

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you seriously suggesting that a 13 yr old boy and 13 yr old girl have the same athletic performance?  

I was asking questions, you know that thing that leads to better understanding.

Regards to football I've seen plenty of girls match boys up to starting senior school.  After that maybe physical divergence accelerates.

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

I was asking questions, you know that thing that leads to better understanding.

Regards to football I've seen plenty of girls match boys up to starting senior school.  After that maybe physical divergence accelerates.

Ok. 

Boys athletic performance after puberty is hugely superior to girls.  The divergence starts about 11 and widens every year thereafter.  But you know this already, from the school you went to and boys got better than you.  

Remember when the US Womens football team were hammered by a male u15 team?  

Any denial of this is frankly mental.  

11 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Usain Bolt was running 21.81 in the 200m at age 13. It would have won him the silver medal in the 2020 Olympic women's event. Even at that age the physical difference is apparent.

It’s just astounding that anyone can deny reality like this. I thought the The Emperor’s New Clothes  was just a kids story but it’s happening right before our eyes. 

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ok. 

Boys athletic performance after puberty is hugely superior to girls.  The divergence starts about 11 and widens every year thereafter.  But you know this already, from the school you went to and boys got better than you.  

Remember when the US Womens football team were hammered by a male u15 team?  

Any denial of this is frankly mental.  

Whaaaaat?  Lots of assumptions there.

Why would I ask if I already knew?

Yes after puberty. You're referring to U15s the previous poster mentioned U13s, could have been a load of 10 year olds as far as I know.

When I went to school, boys and girls were "prohibited" from playing in mixed sports once they finished juniors but nobody really explained why, that's just how it was, so you wouldn't really know how much better boys were at 11-12.

I suppose I could have Googled it and perhaps avoided assumptions and sarc-y answers.  But this is a forum where interaction should be welcomed.

I should know better on this subject where you're concerned.