You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

"In those moments of amnesia as I would wake, I would reach down to my crotch area expecting something that was there for 3 decades, and it's not."

michael-jackson-dance.gif

Struggling to have any sympathy to be honest. In the grand scheme of things, getting your knob chopped off is up there with one of the worst ideas you can have, IMHO, some primal instinct shit. Even thinking about it and my knees are by my shoulder blades.

Heeee-he.

• Upvote 1

Out of interest, is that all universities now against any form of debate because of an essay restriction, which may or may not be valid depending on the scope of the course, or are we being a tad hyperbolic? 

I know that sounds more than a little pedantic, but you often see this ‘the sky is falling’ approach to criticising this sort of thing on this subject. On the whole, I think the entire thing is becoming more and more ridiculous, on all sides. 

21 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"In those moments of amnesia as I would wake, I would reach down to my crotch area expecting something that was there for 3 decades, and it's not."

Struggling to have any sympathy to be honest. In the grand scheme of things, getting your knob chopped off is up there with one of the worst ideas you can have, IMHO, some primal instinct shit. Even thinking about it and my knees are by my shoulder blades.

Heeee-he.

21 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Heeee-he.

I want you back.

Can’t beat it.

I can’t feel it.

Dont want to get too involved but saw a clip of a paediatrician being interviewed for that doccy "What is a woman". There is no way I would take my kids to see her she is fucking mental. Apparently ,according to her, mere babies in some cases are aware of their gender and a woman is a person who defines themselves as a woman!

On 14/06/2022 at 16:31, Rico1304 said:

No one is trying to erase women - remember that. 

"Who benefits from this lack of clarity?" is not a rhetorical question. The obvious answer is people who can still get pregnant - and miscarry - but do not identify as women. The decision to use language that includes those people in no way impacts any cis women. No harm, no foul.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Out of interest, is that all universities now against any form of debate because of an essay restriction, which may or may not be valid depending on the scope of the course, or are we being a tad hyperbolic? 

I know that sounds more than a little pedantic, but you often see this ‘the sky is falling’ approach to criticising this sort of thing on this subject. On the whole, I think the entire thing is becoming more and more ridiculous, on all sides. 

I think the fact that Stronts had to go literally to the other side of the world for that example suggests you may be right to question it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think the fact that Stronts had to go literally to the other side of the world for that example suggests you may be right to question it.

Indeed. That said, the students on that side of the pond are, generally speaking, doing their best to make him right! 

Bit we won’t talk about that. 

On 11/06/2022 at 12:18, Rico1304 said:

The idea of being born in the wrong body implies some kind of soul.  Which is weird.  

The idea (to paraphrase Germaine Greer) that chopping your cock off and putting on a dress makes you a woman is weird. 

The idea that men aren’t better in every single sporting event than women and should be allowed in their sports is weird. 

Im all for being polite, but denying reality is, guess what, weird. 

Edit: and the idea that left leaning feminists have somehow been captured by the religious far right is even weirder. 

(And cue the NV version)

weirdo

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

"Who benefits from this lack of clarity?" is not a rhetorical question. The obvious answer is people who can still get pregnant - and miscarry - but do not identify as women. The decision to use language that includes those people in no way impacts any cis women. No harm, no foul.

The numbers are wrong because of the pandering to a group of people who get pregnant despite denying reality - that being that only women get pregnant.  It’s fucking mental.  

37 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Stonewalls advice was incorrect. That’s why organisations who’d paid for it opted not to renew it.  You can’t offer advice based on how you want the law to be, well, unless you’re the government. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Fuck me, now you’ve piped up I’ve chan…oh, no, nothing.  As you were. 

Don't worry, no one's arsed about trying to convince you of anything. Even when you dip below even your own standard of posts in here.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Don't worry, no one's arsed about trying to convince you of anything. Even when you dip below even your own standard of posts in here.

Phew. I’d have enjoyed you telling me how someone could change sex and I could even get a mention in your Nobel Prize. 

33 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Phew. I’d have enjoyed you telling me how someone could change sex and I could even get a mention in your Nobel Prize

Not an argument I've ever made, but you just keep projecting, treacle.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Not an argument I've ever made, but you just keep projecting, treacle.

Well I’m afraid Stonewall would have a word for you.  TWAW remember - anything but that makes you transphobic. Hopefully your union would stick up for you - oh, hold on.  

53 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Well I’m afraid Stonewall would have a word for you.  TWAW remember - anything but that makes you transphobic. Hopefully your union would stick up for you - oh, hold on.  

Think they're probably busy with actual transphobia and intolerance, rather than things you've imagined strangers on the internet have said. Should they get in touch, I'll let you know.

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Which is a relevant qualification, because...

Because if you're going to exclude them based on their genitalia, then you're acknowledging that sexual attraction is a thing, and gender ideology falls apart.