You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

The article says most were taken down. 

Ok. What’s interesting is that the trans activists are mirroring the tactics of fascists in the early 1930s. Opposing scientific orthodoxies re biology, targeting academia, threats of violence, black face masks, smashing windows, trying to get people sacked from their jobs for having dissenting views and all the time claiming to be the victims. We’ve been here before. 

Trans activists are now calling for a boycott of the Guardian for publishing an article that says lesbian women shouldn’t be pressured into havinv sex with trans men who claim to be also women. This is known as the “cotton ceiling issue ” in a reference to women’s pants. Apparently if you are a lesbian and don’t fancy sex with a hairy trans women with a dick you are somehow transphobic. 

I'm always struck by agression often shown from the pro transgender movement. 

Most of the 'anti trans' voices aren't killing people, getting them excluded from pubs or setting fire to houses it would seem, they're retweeting things by Margaret Atwood, doing a stand up routine or saying they'd like to be able to take a shit in a train station in peace.

The reaction to it then seems to go straight to Defcon 1 with the spamming of publishing houses/universities, demands for job losses, demands for sponsorship cancellations, claims that their tweets are 'literally' killing people, that people are threatening suicide and so forth. If said target is punished in some way, it's then subject to a second phase of celebratory flaming.

The LGB alliance are currently getting an earful because they've been given a lottery grant for a helpline. The lottery is of course being flamed too. Owen Jones of course leading the charge.

Always seems a bit, I dunno, disproportionate. Almost like a sizeable chunk of these people are absolutely mental.

The idea that it's some kind of modern social justice movement is bonkers IMO and cheapens the fights which have gone before. Black people were and are being killed for being black, gay people were given electric shock therapy. Meanwhile, a hairy biker is fighting the good fight to be allowed to have a piss next to a little girl.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The LGB alliance are currently getting an earful because they've been given a lottery grant for a helpline. The lottery is of course being flamed too. Owen Jones of course leading the charge.

Owen Jones, who was recently scouting around for some lesbians he could father a child with.

Hope he got lots of applications from transwomen so he had to awkwardly explain to them that he needed a real woman with an actual womb.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm always struck by agression often shown from the pro transgender movement. 

Most of the 'anti trans' voices aren't killing people, getting them excluded from pubs or setting fire to houses it would seem, they're retweeting things by Margaret Atwood, doing a stand up routine or saying they'd like to be able to take a shit in a train station in peace.

The reaction to it then seems to go straight to Defcon 1 with the spamming of publishing houses/universities, demands for job losses, demands for sponsorship cancellations, claims that their tweets are 'literally' killing people, that people are threatening suicide and so forth. If said target is punished in some way, it's then subject to a second phase of celebratory flaming.

Always seems a bit, I dunno, disproportionate. Almost like a sizeable chunk of these people are absolutely mental.

The idea that it's some kind of modern social justice movement is bonkers IMO and cheapens the fights which have gone before. Black people were and are being killed for being black, gay people were given electric shock therapy. Meanwhile, a hairy biker is fighting the good fight to be allowed to have a piss next to a little girl.

Good post. It’s a small number of deranged angry people who have been very effective at bullying people on social media. What has surprised me is the inaction of the police, JK Rowling says she could wallpaper her mansion with the death threats she has received but there have been barely any convictions. 

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Peace loving anti-trans activists are being victimised by evil trans people for no reason is certainly a take.

Well jk Rowling recieves almost daily death threats. She’s the most successful female author in history and has given £100s of millions to charity but a lot of trans activists think she should be killed. I have posted this  before  but when you are siding with people who send anonymous death threats to peaceful female philanthropists it’s maybe time to think you may have picked the wrong side. 

• Upvote 1

The idea of being born in the wrong body implies some kind of soul.  Which is weird.  

The idea (to paraphrase Germaine Greer) that chopping your cock off and putting on a dress makes you a woman is weird. 

The idea that men aren’t better in every single sporting event than women and should be allowed in their sports is weird. 

Im all for being polite, but denying reality is, guess what, weird. 

Edit: and the idea that left leaning feminists have somehow been captured by the religious far right is even weirder. 

(And cue the NV version)

Looking back on this thread or around the net, I'm not seeing lynch mobs or charities and schools being petrol bombed, I'm seeing mothers complaining to sports centre staff because there's a bloke walking around the changing room with his dong out, and JK Rowling 'retweetng' 'tweets'.

We're hardly in KKK territory. The opposite in fact, the more people bend over backwards for a lot of this stuff, the more quarter is demanded.

What starts as 'call me Sally' escalates to 'sleep with me even if you're a lesbian and I've got a cock' swiftly followed by 'there's no such thing as gender anyway' and other assaults on basic truth which seem to be pursued purely for the hell of it and to attack anyone who refused to be 'educated'.

Mate of mine works in an office and one of the staff recently became transgender. He had form as being an attention seeker but when it happened everyone had to go for a briefing by a transgender guru who was also transgender about the do's and don't's, and how to watch your Ps and Q's around them. He did eventually put complaints in to HR anyway about people not speaking to them much or something, which my mate reckons wasn't true.

I'm not saying all people who transistion are like this, but if you are an attention seeker, a teenager or kid with issues or someone who is otherwise overlooked and ignored, can you imagine what an absolute fucking drug this stuff would become in the current climate?

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

The idea of being born in the wrong body implies some kind of soul.  Which is weird.  

The idea (to paraphrase Germaine Greer) that chopping your cock off and putting on a dress makes you a woman is weird. 

The idea that men aren’t better in every single sporting event than women and should be allowed in their sports is weird. 

Im all for being polite, but denying reality is, guess what, weird. 

Edit: and the idea that left leaning feminists have somehow been captured by the religious far right is even weirder. 

(And cue the NV version)

Why would you mention me, you have me on ignore you obsessed weirdo. As for my ‘version’, well if you weren’t so ignorant you’d know that I have pretty much the same concerns as you and a lot of the people you link, I just don’t have the obvious preoccupation and dislike of trans people - trans men, really - that you evidently have. You’re a bit a of Jeremy Kyle. You being an old white guy banging on about old white guys and reducing this entire issue down to some freaky peados trying to pull a fast one. You keep on talking about cocks, which is, erm, indicative of your real issue here, but it is now more common that females are the ones transitioning. You’re not so obsessed with them though. You honestly just seem like a bit of a creep to me. You even tried to make out as if I was trans the other day, which is a really strange thing to say for somebody pretending not to have read my posts for years and years. There’s something really, uhm, ‘off’ about you and your obsession with this subject. 

Anyway, you do you I guess. Ick. 

Not strictly a trans issue more a generic LGBTQ+ issue but the bare faced fucking cheek of the Sydney Herald to threaten to out Rebel Wilson and then, when she decides to come out on her own terms*, to complain that she ruined their story.

*Not really her own terms but not giving the paper the satisfaction.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Not strictly a trans issue more a generic LGBTQ+ issue but the bare faced fucking cheek of the Sydney Herald to threaten to out Rebel Wilson and then, when she decides to come out on her own terms*, to complain that she ruined their story.

*Not really her own terms but not giving the paper the satisfaction.

Absolutely disgusting by the appropriately named SMH. It's 2022, this shit shouldn't be happening. I'd happily boycott that if I could have even purchased it in the first place. Twats. 

That said, even though I totally understand why you'd post in here as I don't think there's any LGBT generic thread, I hope this doesn't become the default thread for this. This thread started fine, with decent discussions, but has really just turned into Rico's list of fringe cases from Twitter. I would hope we don't mix the two things. 

On 11/06/2022 at 12:27, Section_31 said:

Mate of mine works in an office and one of the staff recently became transgender. He had form as being an attention seeker but when it happened everyone had to go for a briefing by a transgender guru who was also transgender about the do's and don't's, and how to watch your Ps and Q's around them. He did eventually put complaints in to HR anyway about people not speaking to them much or something, which my mate reckons wasn't true.

Either your mate works in our place, or this is not a unique scenario.