You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

That's totally bizarre.  Surely biological females identifying as male and the other way round are aware that they are / were medically considered their biological sex for the purposes of preventive medical examinations? So you are changing the traditionally accepted description for everyone, i.e. huge majority because not the tiny minority, but the minority of the tiny minority insist on their "lived gender" terminology over medical prevention? Call me conservative but that sounds absolutely bonkers to me.

That's fair enough, we all draw the line somewhere.

I'm happy enough to be called a person with a *penis if it makes someone else's life easier, but I get the counter arguments.

(*impressively average)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I'll admit, I had never heard of intersex until then. Just googled it and looked at images.

Just googled it. I think I'm intersex 

So what does intersex look like?
  1. a clitoris that's larger than expected.
  2. a penis that's smaller than expected.
  3. no vaginal opening.
  4. a penis without a urethra opening at the tip (the opening might instead be on the underside)
  5. labia that are closed or otherwise resemble a scrotum.
  6. a scrotum that is empty and resembles labia.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just googled it. I think I'm intersex 

So what does intersex look like?
  1. a clitoris that's larger than expected.
  2. a penis that's smaller than expected.
  3. no vaginal opening.
  4. a penis without a urethra opening at the tip (the opening might instead be on the underside)
  5. labia that are closed or otherwise resemble a scrotum.
  6. a scrotum that is empty and resembles labia.

"Expected" is a subjective term mate. 

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm happy enough to be called a person with a *penis if it makes someone else's life easier, but I get the counter arguments.

(*impressively average)

One of the issues is that if you change your sex on your medical records you don’t get the usual reminders.  So regular mammograms or smear test reminders for example.  It would be easier to have sex and gender markers on your records but that’s not enough for the TRA. ‘Trans women are women’ is the mantra. 

30 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

(*impressively average)

It certainly makes life / work easier for right wing populist politicians.

4 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I was talking to Mrs Willard last night about JK Rowling. She is the most successful female author of all time, gives £100s of millions to charity but because she dared to speak out against a tiny number of activists she gets death threats from nutters and has been quietly dropped from mainstream media. When was the last time she was on question time or interviewed by the BBC ? The hardy potter reunion on Sky didn’t invite her either. 

I think it’s a terrible inditement of our moral character as a society that we have just stood by and just watched this shit happen to a successful women. Our grandfathers stood up to the Nazi war machine, we are too scared to stand up to a few nutters in their mums frocks on the internet. It’s shameful. 

Lol, that was like reading a Daily Mash article or Viz top tip letter.

Ahahaha, comparing JK Rowling's suffering to world war 2. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Hang on. Straight people can’t play gay or Trans people but trans can play straight people? 

Trans women ARE women.  So this is an actual woman playing a man so well it deserves an award. 

But, yes.  Eddie Redmayne apologised for play a TW, didn’t Scarlett Johansen have to leave a role playing one. But Eddie, she’s fine.  This is how mental it is, you are being asked to ignore the facts and accept the lies. Like a religion 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Fertility clinics will be furious.  

That mealy-mouthed 'pregnant people' bit reminds me of a story in the Guardian some time ago, with a breathlessly excited headline about a man giving birth. I remember thinking, 'that's amazing, how have surgeons managed to do that?'. Read the article, and all it was was a female who'd decided to live as a man (whatever that means), and had gotten pregnant. So fucking what?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I mean now we've all been put in our pigeon holes, towers, boxes etc, are we any more closer to eradicating that which separates us all?

All these initiative just seem to do is drive people further apart and divisive as ever.

That appears to be the aim sadly.