You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

39 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s no way you are conflating being safe from unpalatable ideas with being safe from being raped.  No way at all.  Because that would be fucking stupid wouldn’t it?  

Sarah Everard was abducted on the street, wasn't she? What's this got to do with gender-specific safe spaces? Unless, of course, you're advocating for the street itself to be a female only safe space. But that'd be stupid, wouldn't it?

19 minutes ago, Boss said:

Sarah Everard was abducted on the street, wasn't she? What's this got to do with gender-specific safe spaces? Unless, of course, you're advocating for the street itself to be a female only safe space. But that'd be stupid, wouldn't it?

Are we in the police thread or the Trans thread?  Check for me. 

51 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve checked and I think we are in the trans thread.  

the article I posted is about men being kept out of womens spaces because they can be dangerous to women. It doesn’t mention Sarah as at the time she was still alive.  

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/03/which-bit-of-women-need-safe-places-dont-men-understand

Your article mentions Sarah Everard nine times. The topic of the article itself is literally called "Sarah Everard/Opinion" and her picture is in the heading.

Ah, the latest one I posted, referring to prisons and hospitals doesn’t.  I didn’t realise you were commenting on an earlier one.  Apologies.  

Women need spaces away from men. Because men keep murdering them.  

Now you’ve read it I’m sure you’ll agree. Unless you’ve got your Spider-Man outfit on again 

23 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ah, the latest one I posted, referring to prisons and hospitals doesn’t.  I didn’t realise you were commenting on an earlier one.  Apologies.  

Women need spaces away from men. Because men keep murdering them.  

Now you’ve read it I’m sure you’ll agree. Unless you’ve got your Spider-Man outfit on again 

You still haven't explained how a woman being abducted in the street has any relevance to female only safe spaces. 

2 minutes ago, Boss said:

You still haven't explained how a woman being abducted in the street has any relevance to female only safe spaces. 

It’s in the article.  But in basic terms, women experience violence at the hands of men (evidence Sarah E), women feel safer (and are safer) if they have single sex spaces.  Allowing men into single sex spaces is more dangerous.  There. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

It’s in the article.  But in basic terms, women experience violence at the hands of men (evidence Sarah E), women feel safer (and are safer) if they have single sex spaces.  Allowing men into single sex spaces is more dangerous.  There. 

So what are you actually suggesting happens in layman's terms? keep men and women separate from each other? Because women get raped in female-only safe spaces as well. Or are you suggesting no woman has ever been raped in a woman's bathroom?

Just now, Boss said:

So what are you actually suggesting happens in layman's terms? keep men and women separate from each other? Because women get raped in female-only safe spaces as well. Or are you suggesting no woman has ever been raped in a woman's bathroom?

Are we just playing strawmen all evening? Because I really can’t be arsed. It’s clear what I said.  Women feel safer and are safer in female only spaces.  It’s hardly controversial.  The article lays it out very straightforwardly, as does the one I posted after. 

On 06/10/2021 at 19:42, Rico1304 said:

There’s no way you are conflating being safe from unpalatable ideas with being safe from being raped.  No way at all.  Because that would be fucking stupid wouldn’t it?  

As stupid as assuming that allowing trans women to piss in a cubicle is a rape threat?

I missed this. Apparently, at the time that Labour's TWAW hate mob terrorised Rosie Duffield into staying away from Brighton, she spoke at a conference fringe event in Brighton.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-conference-rosie-duffield-appears-at-non-official-fringe-event-in-brighton-despite-saying-she-was-warned-to-stay-away-on-security-advice-12420726

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Maybe ask women. I've seen surveys that show that a greater percentage of women than men support trans rights.

There is a great percentage who do support trans rights. Just because they may not want to share women’s spaces with someone who hasn’t fully transitioned does not make them transphobic. Because that is completely stupid. 

It’s only anecdotal, but the majority of the women I know and have spoken to, are against sharing spaces with those who have not fully transitioned. They support and have empathy for their human experience, however that should not mean that their rights are affected in their own spaces. 

8 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

There is a great percentage who do support trans rights. Just because they may not want to share women’s spaces with someone who hasn’t fully transitioned does not make them transphobic. Because that is completely stupid. 

It’s only anecdotal, but the majority of the women I know and have spoken to, are against sharing spaces with those who have not fully transitioned. They support and have empathy for their human experience, however that should not mean that their rights are affected in their own spaces. 

I never said they are transphobic. ( For example, I disagree with Rosie Duffield, but anyone whose first instinct is to hurl abuse at her is, of course, a twat )

Public toilets is the stupidest of battlegrounds, because nobody would know whether a trans-woman in a women's bog is cock-on or cock-off (unless she's pissing in the sink, like Eddie Hitler when they stole Cannonball Taffy O'Jones's holiday tickets). 

40 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I never said they are transphobic. ( For example, I disagree with Rosie Duffield, but anyone whose first instinct is to hurl abuse at her is, of course, a twat )

Public toilets is the stupidest of battlegrounds, because nobody would know whether a trans-woman in a women's bog is cock-on or cock-off (unless she's pissing in the sink, like Eddie Hitler when they stole Cannonball Taffy O'Jones's holiday tickets). 

I never said you did, what I’m pointing out is, that the side of the argument you are on does exactly that. If you don’t agree, then you are transphobic. Which is stupid. 

It’s not just public toilets though, it’s women’s spaces, like changing rooms in gyms, spas etc. And it’s not a stupid battleground. It’s just one of many. 

I have a wife and a daughter. If either feels unsafe about something then I’m going to listen and defend their right to their own spaces, equality and respect in a world where they never seem to get the outrage that other sections of society seem to get when defending themselves. JK Rowling, Rosie Duffield and all other women who have come out and stood for their rights. All of them are right.