Jump to content
Gym Beglin

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Is it fuck.  Unless you are suggesting that left wing feminism has suddenly been bought, unnoticed, by far right groups.  Which is fucking bollocks.  

 

You can have a world where both exist.

 

It's known that money from American libertarian groups, and Russians for fuck knows what reason apart from trolling, is being used to fund troll farms and disinformation sites surrounding LGBTQ+ issues as they're an easy way to encourage divide between people as there is so much confusion, and hostility in some cases, around them.

 

I wasn't specifically referencing the Scottish story, that's beyond my pay grade and I'll let the smart people and adults figure that out and leave Twitter to the festering cesspit it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

You can have a world where both exist.

 

It's known that money from American libertarian groups, and Russians for fuck knows what reason apart from trolling, is being used to fund troll farms and disinformation sites surrounding LGBTQ+ issues as they're an easy way to encourage divide between people as there is so much confusion, and hostility in some cases, around them.

 

I wasn't specifically referencing the Scottish story, that's beyond my pay grade and I'll let the smart people and adults figure that out and leave Twitter to the festering cesspit it is.

Hold on, so the groups aren’t funded by the far right, it’s just troll farms now?  Where do you think the disruption is coming from, feminist groups or Trans groups?  Where would disruption money be best spent?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Hold on, so the groups aren’t funded by the far right, it’s just troll farms now?  Where do you think the disruption is coming from, feminist groups or Trans groups?  Where would disruption money be best spent?   

 

You missed the whole point.

 

The farms are putting out material which will get a reaction from both sides causing further entrenchment, this is delibrate practice to distort arguments and is funded by libertarain groups in the US and further afield.

 

Both sides are being maipulated, to a degree, and digging their heals in, or coming out fighting, because of the disinformation.

 

There are of course multiple real arguments going on as well adding to the confusion.

 

Some of the more extreme arguments from the trans side, and their allies, though go too far, but again you don't know what is a real opinion, what is a troll, what is a bot or what is someone who is just confused and voicing an opinion.

 

Around half the accounts on Twitter are bots of some kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

 

You missed the whole point.

 

The farms are putting out material which will get a reaction from both sides causing further entrenchment, this is delibrate practice to distort arguments and is funded by libertarain groups in the US and further afield.

 

Both sides are being maipulated, to a degree, and digging their heals in, or coming out fighting, because of the disinformation.

 

There are ofcourse multiple real arguments going opn as well adding to the confusion.

 

Some of the more extreme arguments from the trans side, and their allies, though go too far, but again you don't know what is a real opinion, what is a troll, what is a bot or what is someone who is just confused and voicing an opinion.

 

Around half the accounts on Twitter are bots of some kind.

Well you could look at Stonewall policy for a start. That may be a good barometer.  It’s quite, well, in line with the most radical thinking.   It’s all there, in black and white.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Well you could look at Stonewall policy for a start. That may be a good barometer.  It’s quite, well, in line with the most radical thinking.   It’s all there, in black and white.  

 

Oh, yeah, we agree it's a fucking mess, but my larger point is that it's being used to futher divide people and we need to be fully aware that the integrity of the arguments is not always as secure as we'd hope.

 

My friend, who I've mentioned before, helped to write the Stonewall policy, she's now left as she couldn't work there anymore as it became so toxic.

 

I don't have any answers, I'm waiting for people far brighter and more intuned to figure this shit out and then tell me how I can be a good friend/ally/human.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

Oh, yeah, we agree it's a fucking mess, but my larger point is that it's being used to futher divide people and we need to be fully aware that the integrity of the arguments is not always as secure as we'd hope.

 

My friend, who I've mentioned before helped to write the Stonewall policy, she's now left as she couldn't work there anymore as it became so toxic.

 

I don't have any answers, I'm waiting for people far brighter and more intuned to figure this shit out and then tell me how I can be a good friend/ally/human.

Stonewall have been under the spotlight recently, misrepresenting the law and requiring the most insidious policies to allow ‘customers’ to earn brownie points. You mate might be best off out of it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder after if the events in Plymouth it still seems unreasonable for women to object to any man who says he’s a woman having access to their spaces? 
 

Men, feeling rejected by women, having access to places where women are vulnerable- what could possibly go wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

I wonder after if the events in Plymouth it still seems unreasonable for women to object to any man who says he’s a woman having access to their spaces? 
 

Men, feeling rejected by women, having access to places where women are vulnerable- what could possibly go wrong? 

It’s given men a new line of attack “well look love you’re gonna have to shag me look what happened in Plymouth you don’t want that on your conscience” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s given men a new line of attack “well look love you’re gonna have to shag me look what happened in Plymouth you don’t want that on your conscience” 

They'd never say no because of the implication. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superb said:

Bit of a hybrid Linkedin/trans post so thought this was the best place: 

 

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/monzo-bank_all-our-office-toilets-are-gender-neutral-activity-6836252826952323072-iP9U

 

Screenshot 2021-08-27 at 17.56.57.png

That's a weird thing to promote through a corporate social media account.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

That's a weird thing to promote through a corporate social media account.

 

Pride weekend. Virtue signalling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Superb said:

Bit of a hybrid Linkedin/trans post so thought this was the best place: 

 

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/monzo-bank_all-our-office-toilets-are-gender-neutral-activity-6836252826952323072-iP9U

 

Screenshot 2021-08-27 at 17.56.57.png

I remember going into the loo in Paris in a night club the first time I went away with the ex to be. Standing there having a piss and suddenly realised there's a load of birds behind me doing their make up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

That's a weird thing to promote through a corporate social media account.

 

Ha, have you been on LinkedIn in the last couple of years? 

 

"This is a picture of my toddler having open heart surgery, live for today! Oh and my work contact details are also below.'

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/06/2021 at 13:47, mars said:

There is a law - the Malicious Communication Act - that tries to hit a balance between free speech and preventing people from tweeting something that is grossly offensive, might incite violence, or is misinformation. The Act does seem to have much common sense built into it, eg what people post on here would probably not fall foul of the act because people have opted to sign up to the forum and any "dodgy" posts will be deemed banter or sarcasm or hyperbole (and you'll be negged from here to eternity and have the piss taken out of you remorselessly). Tweeting hits a much bigger audience and the Act takes this into account.

 

In the case that Rico cited, it is very difficult to judge whether the Act has been sensibly applied as it is likely any offending tweets were quickly deleted (you are less likely to be prosecuted if you show regret at what you have said and one way to do this is to delete stuff as soon as possible). If what has been posted is true - the person involved will have a formal interview and may be charged - then I doubt that is a decision that a senior police officer will have taken lightly. PC Laura Daley, the named officer, will not have made the decision despite what some people were tweeting about her.

 

If anyone reading this a police officer or barrister, please jump in and correct any bollocks I have spouted.

 

Here's a helpful (but long) article if you want to know more

https://www.bestcriminaldefencebarrister.co.uk/criminal-defence-barrister-blog/2018/striking-a-balance-malicious-communication-act-and-free-speech.aspx

Marion Millar was first charged under malicious communications but yesterday the actual law she is meant to have broken was changed to Criminal Justice and Licensing s38(1) and an incident that occurred after and because of the original police contact is included

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Marion Millar was first charged under malicious communications but yesterday the actual law she is meant to have broken was changed to Criminal Justice and Licensing s38(1) and an incident that occurred after and because of the original police contact is included

Is this a more or less serious charge? I see that she is also accused of posting homophobic comments and false information about the female police officer who I presume contacted her initially. Did she not think through he consequences of her actions? Is there a social media equivalent of road rage? Even if found not guilty, this must have been an unpleasant experience for her.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mars said:

Is this a more or less serious charge? I see that she is also accused of posting homophobic comments and false information about the female police officer who I presume contacted her initially. Did she not think through he consequences of her actions? Is there a social media equivalent of road rage? Even if found not guilty, this must have been an unpleasant experience for her.

 

It must have been.  Especially as the goal posts have been shifted a couple of times and the police seem to want to make an example of her. The police officer expected her to travel miles and wouldn’t tell her what she was being charged with. I wonder why?
 

I think the tweet that was originally reported as being abusive was her reaction to the conviction of a paedo.  Along the lines of ‘a bullet in the head is what they need’.  
 

Of course you’d now expect police Scotland to be vigorously pursuing all tweeters of similar opinion. But they won’t.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×