Jump to content
Gym Beglin

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You do realise who you are talking to don’t you?  I can barely work the Hoover. 


You know exactly how to use it, just pretend you don’t so you can avoid ever using it. 
 

As my ol fella always used to tell Joe and I when we tried to lie our way out of trouble; ‘you can’t kid a kidder’. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You're having a dig at Neko and his cats, aren't you.

 

I love pussies as much as the next guy (unless the next guy is Alan Carr) but he takes it too far.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mars said:

 

 

 

That tweet sums up one of the many things that gets on my nerves about this wider 'debate', the idea that it's somehow a trivial issue and anyone who raises it needs to be educated.  

 

"Christ, you'd think these people had never heard of the Botswanan jellyfish which has 18 cocks, it's really hard civilizing this ignorant rabble.'

 

If muscle mass and all that bollocks is so inconsequential how come Barry Mcguigan never got to fight Tyson? Presumably because one was born with God given genetic advantages that would have resulted in an unsportsmanlike spectacle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Imagine this thread if Hubbard had won...... 

I think she threw it.  She got what she wanted, first openly TW in the Olympics. Job done.

 

Luckily the IOC has said they are changing the current rules so it shouldn’t happen again.  
 

It does go to show how far people will be blinded by an ideology.  Covid thread - follow the science!  This thread - of course you can change biological sex, in fact you can do it several times a week. And why shouldn’t a woman have a cock and balls and a beard?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

 

That tweet sums up one of the many things that gets on my nerves about this wider 'debate', the idea that it's somehow a trivial issue and anyone who raises it needs to be educated.  

 

"Christ, you'd think these people had never heard of the Botswanan jellyfish which has 18 cocks, it's really hard civilizing this ignorant rabble.'

 

If muscle mass and all that bollocks is so inconsequential how come Barry Mcguigan never got to fight Tyson? Presumably because one was born with God given genetic advantages that would have resulted in an unsportsmanlike spectacle. 

That Tik Tok stinks. She states her credentials; competes in olympic weightlifting, degree in exercise physiology, so you're expecting an informed take and then she just goes: "you people don't care about the struggle of female athletes anyway". Like oh, alright, that's useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

 

That tweet sums up one of the many things that gets on my nerves about this wider 'debate', the idea that it's somehow a trivial issue and anyone who raises it needs to be educated.  

 

"Christ, you'd think these people had never heard of the Botswanan jellyfish which has 18 cocks, it's really hard civilizing this ignorant rabble.'

 

If muscle mass and all that bollocks is so inconsequential how come Barry Mcguigan never got to fight Tyson? Presumably because one was born with God given genetic advantages that would have resulted in an unsportsmanlike spectacle. 

Good point about muscle mass. One question I have if all things are equal when changing gender where are all the females tranforming to males that are tearing up there chosen sport? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comparing Hubbard to the athletes who beat her today, who are 20 yrs younger than her and the best and strongest women in the world isn’t right.  
 

You should be comparing her to 40+, unfit, overweight women who recently broke their arms.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Comparing Hubbard to the athletes who beat her today, who are 20 yrs younger than her and the best and strongest women in the world isn’t right.  
 

You should be comparing her to 40+, unfit, overweight women who recently broke their arms.  

Why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Why? 

Why were there no 40+ women in this Olympic event?  Why are there no 40+ men in their event for that matter? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That Tik Tok stinks. She states her credentials; competes in olympic weightlifting, degree in exercise physiology, so you're expecting an informed take and then she just goes: "you people don't care about the struggle of female athletes anyway". Like oh, alright, that's useful.

Fucking right it’s useful. She was asked her opinion, she gave it. It was that the question is being asked insincerely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Why were there no 40+ women in this Olympic event?  Why are there no 40+ men in their event for that matter? 

There was a 46 year old in the gymnastics when the average age seems to be around early 20s. There was a 62 year old right near the top of the 3 day eventing places.

 

one of the gold medal winning triathletes was 33 and only got into the sport in her late 20s.

 

the gold medal winning women’s discus thrower used to be a dancer, not a discus thrower.

 

also... 

 

 

6A2F4ED0-E11C-4D4A-8DB9-9548B92ADD96.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Fucking right it’s useful. She was asked her opinion, she gave it. It was that the question is being asked insincerely. 

The question isn't insincere because there are competitive implications involved. She just ignored that and blamed people for even having the debate. If she feels that way, fine, but her opinion wasn't useful at all. It was pretty much irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3 Stacks said:

The question isn't insincere because there are competitive implications involved. She just ignored that and blamed people for even having the debate. If she feels that way, fine, but her opinion wasn't useful at all. It was pretty much irrelevant.

You have no idea if the question was sincere or not, unless it was you that asked it. 
 

she prefaced her response by saying she’s been asked it many times before. Unless it was you doing the asking I’m happy to take her view on the matter over yours, to be honest.

 

I don’t believe most of the people asking the question genuinely give a fuck about whether it’s fair to have a transgender woman compete in women’s weightlifting. I honestly, genuinely don’t. 
 

I have no view on the matter myself, mainly because I’m not sufficiently informed to understand the discussion and also because I’m not sufficiently interested to become sufficiently informed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

You have no idea if the question was sincere or not, unless it was you that asked it. 
 

she prefaced her response by saying she’s been asked it many times before. Unless it was you doing the asking I’m happy to take her view on the matter over yours, to be honest.

 

I don’t believe most of the people asking the question genuinely give a fuck about whether it’s fair to have a transgender woman compete in women’s weightlifting. I honestly, genuinely don’t. 
 

I have no view on the matter myself, mainly because I’m not sufficiently informed to understand the discussion and also because I’m not sufficiently interested to become sufficiently informed.

I don't even have a view, I said it before, I just think her response is a cop out. She goes; "yeah, I compete and am a grad student, so I know the deal" and then proceeds to not talk about Hubbard but about the state of women's sports in general. Like ok, maybe you don't want to talk about it because you don't like the question but who gives a fuck about your degree then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't even have a view, I said it before, I just think her response is a cop out. She goes; "yeah, I compete and am a grad student, so I know the deal" and then proceeds to not talk about Hubbard but about the state of women's sports in general. Like ok, maybe you don't want to talk about it because you don't like the question but who gives a fuck about your degree then? 

I disagree but can see where you’re coming at it from. 
 

I think her having a level of expertise in the subject does add weight to her comments, even though she chooses to answer the way she does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Nevertheless, good to hear that posting a lot in one thread is considered obsession now.

It is. Even if you lie about the thread giving you the "heebie-jeebies" but still post loads in it. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

There was a 46 year old in the gymnastics when the average age seems to be around early 20s. There was a 62 year old right near the top of the 3 day eventing places.

 

one of the gold medal winning triathletes was 33 and only got into the sport in her late 20s.

 

the gold medal winning women’s discus thrower used to be a dancer, not a discus thrower.

 

also... 

 

 

6A2F4ED0-E11C-4D4A-8DB9-9548B92ADD96.jpeg

Three day eventing isn’t weightlifting. There have always been older participants in that sport - maybe because you need to be fucking loaded to do it.  
 

33 isn’t 43.  Will this 33 yr old be there in the Olympics in 7 yrs time? 
 

Ive no idea why you’ve included the discus thrower, nothing to do with this at all. 
 

37 isn’t 43. Again, that’s 2 Olympic cycles away.   
 

The gymnast is a complete outlier and hats off to her. 
 

Hubbard qualified for this games with a lift 285kg higher than the silver medalist today.  She wouldn’t have got near the qualification for the men.  
 

Are you saying she has no biological advantage?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Three day eventing isn’t weightlifting. There have always been older participants in that sport - maybe because you need to be fucking loaded to do it.  
 

33 isn’t 43.  Will this 33 yr old be there in the Olympics in 7 yrs time? 
 

Ive no idea why you’ve included the discus thrower, nothing to do with this at all. 
 

37 isn’t 43. Again, that’s 2 Olympic cycles away.   
 

The gymnast is a complete outlier and hats off to her. 
 

Hubbard qualified for this games with a lift 285kg higher than the silver medalist today.  She wouldn’t have got near the qualification for the men.  
 

Are you saying she has no biological advantage?  

The gymnast is an outlier..

The champion is 6 years younger than this trans woman, but won. Not competed, not qualified, won. I’d suggest an outlier.

Phelps had biological advantages over the other men he swam against, an outlier.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

The gymnast is an outlier..

The champion is 6 years younger than this trans woman, but won. Not competed, not qualified, won. I’d suggest an outlier.

Phelps had biological advantages over the other men he swam against, an outlier.

 

Phelps swam against other men who also had biological advantages.  His times have now been beaten by other men with advantages.  
 

Hubbard had a biological advantage that no woman can ever have - male puberty. It’s fucking astounding that anyone can just write that off as being the same as long arms.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1998-2012: Laurel Hubbard fails to qualify for a single international men's tournament as a professional weightlifter
2013: Hubbard 'transitions' (aged 35)
2014-21: Hubbard qualifies for 11 international women's tournaments, including the Olympics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Phelps swam against other men who also had biological advantages.  His times have now been beaten by other men with advantages.  
 

Hubbard had a biological advantage that no woman can ever have - male puberty. It’s fucking astounding that anyone can just write that off as being the same as long arms.  

I didn’t mention long arms. Phelps was a freak of nature who produced practically no lactic acid, giving him increased endurance and reduced is needed recovery time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I didn’t mention long arms. Phelps was a freak of nature who produced practically no lactic acid, giving him increased endurance and reduced is needed recovery time. 

And all but 4 of his records have been  broken.  He had an advantage over his category.  Hubbard having 35 years of testosterone is simply something that no woman could ever have.  Unless they doped, but then they’d be done for cheating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×