Jump to content
Gym Beglin

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

This is why women are scared. Complete bullshit. 

Thank fuck you are here to speak for the poor waifs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we have any reliable statistics on trends in transitioning, anecdotally from the media it looks like it is almost exclusively men transitioning from he to she, and women from she to they. Few women going to he.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SasaS said:

Do we have any reliable statistics on trends in transitioning, anecdotally from the media it looks like it is almost exclusively men transitioning from he to she, and women from she to they. Few women going to he.

More women transition than men.  Completely flipped over recent years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Do we have any reliable statistics on trends in transitioning, anecdotally from the media it looks like it is almost exclusively men transitioning from he to she, and women from she to they. Few women going to he.

Its way more F2M that M2F....not that you would think it from media and social media.

 

You would think its all about bearded men claiming to be women and willing to stab any TERF who says otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, redheart said:

Its way more F2M that M2F....not that you would think it from media and social media.

 

You would think its all about bearded men claiming to be women and willing to stab any TERF who says otherwise

It’s worth saying that this a recent phenomenon.  GD was hardly ever recorded in women but it’s exploded in recent years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought, I don't know the answer to this nor am I trying to suggest an answer, why have bathrooms and changing rooms become such a hot topic?  If gender is a construct why is it important for a transperson to use a specific female or male room? Is this even the case, is the average transperson bothered which room they use?

(I don't know if all my terminology is correct, apologies if not, willing to learn)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Moo said:

Just a thought, I don't know the answer to this nor am I trying to suggest an answer, why have bathrooms and changing rooms become such a hot topic?  If gender is a construct why is it important for a transperson to use a specific female or male room? Is this even the case, is the average transperson bothered which room they use?

(I don't know if all my terminology is correct, apologies if not, willing to learn)

 

Women have fought long and hard (no pun intended) for single sex spaces.  To lose that right, and to be called bigots for wanting to protect it, is outrageous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Women have fought long and hard (no pun intended) for single sex spaces.  To lose that right, and to be called bigots for wanting to protect it, is outrageous. 

Have they?  I think maybe the issue was that, before segregated bathrooms for example, women just weren't provided for as only men were expected to use public toilets.

Maybe the answer is just to make all public toilets gender neutral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moo said:

Have they?  I think maybe the issue was that, before segregated bathrooms for example, women just weren't provided for as only men were expected to use public toilets.

Maybe the answer is just to make all public toilets gender neutral.

Yes, of course they have.  The lack of female public toilets was another way to control women and keep them close to home.  
 

Why should women give up their spaces for men?  Don’t you think it’s a bit off for women to have to accommodate other people?  Why not make the men’s unisex and keep women’s toilets for women?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes, of course they have.  The lack of female public toilets was another way to control women and keep them close to home.  
 

Why should women give up their spaces for men?  Don’t you think it’s a bit off for women to have to accommodate other people?  Why not make the men’s unisex and keep women’s toilets for women?  

Suggesting all toilets are made gender neutral is asking everyone, not just women, to accommodate other people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Moo said:

Suggesting all toilets are made gender neutral is asking everyone, not just women, to accommodate other people.

Gender neutral public toilets and changing rooms aren’t as safe as single sex spaces.  It’s that simple.  Why should women give up their safety for men?  You said you were happy to learn, doesn’t seem like it to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Gender neutral public toilets and changing rooms aren’t as safe as single sex spaces.  It’s that simple.  Why should women give up their safety for men?  You said you were happy to learn, doesn’t seem like it to me.  

Re: learning I was talking about the terminology I was using as I know that's a sensitive area. 

Is there compelling evidence to suggest gender neutral spaces are not as safe as single sex spaces? I am happy to learn on that score too but not just because Rico1304 says so it must be true.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Re: learning I was talking about the terminology I was using as I know that's a sensitive area. 

Is there compelling evidence to suggest gender neutral spaces are not as safe as single sex spaces? I am happy to learn on that score too but not just because Rico1304 says so it must be true.

Shouldn’t it be the other way round? Shouldn’t you have to provide compelling evidence that they are as safe as single sex spaces before blithely giving something away that wasn’t yours to begin with?  That’s the way things usually work isn’t it? 
 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html%3famp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Shouldn’t it be the other way round? Shouldn’t you have to provide compelling evidence that they are as safe as single sex spaces before blithely giving something away that wasn’t yours to begin with?  That’s the way things usually work isn’t it? 
 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html%3famp

No I made a suggestion of what a solution could be. I didn't offer anything definitive, you did.  You told me that's not the right suggestion because...so I don't think when someone offers something definitive it's unreasonable for it to be demonstrated.

What isn't mine to give away, and why not? I'm suggesting a collective decision with a collective impact.

 

I'll have a read of that in a bit, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moo said:

No I made a suggestion of what a solution could be. I didn't offer anything definitive, you did.  You told me that's not the right suggestion because...so I don't think when someone offers something definitive it's unreasonable for it to be demonstrated.

What isn't mine to give away, and why not? I'm suggesting a collective decision with a collective impact.

 

I'll have a read of that in a bit, thanks.

No you aren’t. You already use bathrooms with men.  Your safety won’t be compromised by having women use those bathrooms too.  Men commit something like 96% of all sexual assaults and the vast majority of violent crime.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No you aren’t. You already use bathrooms with men.  Your safety won’t be compromised by having women use those bathrooms too.  Men commit something like 96% of all sexual assaults and the vast majority of violent crime.  

Well I think you're assuming my gender there so that's not ideal in this scenario.

Had a little read of the article, it seems to concentrate on one study into swimming pool changing rooms, which is a good start so thanks but a little more reading required I think, hoping to find something more broad and if any discussion on if and how it could be policed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Well I think you're assuming my gender there so that's not ideal in this scenario.

Had a little read of the article, it seems to concentrate on one study into swimming pool changing rooms, which is a good start so thanks but a little more reading required I think, hoping to find something more broad and if any discussion on if and how it could be policed.

But you are a bloke aren’t you?
 

Can you point to any studies showing it’s no more dangerous?   You are suggesting a change therefore surely the onus is on you to show it’s safe.

 

Pure common sense tells you it isn’t as safe.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

But you are a bloke aren’t you?
 

Can you point to any studies showing it’s no more dangerous?   You are suggesting a change therefore surely the onus is on you to show it’s safe.

 

Pure common sense tells you it isn’t as safe.   

That's not really any of your business, but if I said no I'm not a bloke would it make a difference?

 

And no of course I can't point to any studies I've read in the 10 minutes since I posted saying I need to do more reading showing it's no more dangerous.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Moo said:

That's not really any of your business, but if I said no I'm not a bloke would it make a difference?

 

And no of course I can't point to any studies I've read in the 10 minutes since I posted saying I need to do more reading showing it's no more dangerous.

You said I’d assumed your gender (I haven’t, I’ve assumed your sex), so I asked. Can’t see any drama there to be honest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes wonder about women only co-working spaces that were all the rage in the US some five or so years ago, what is their policy on transgender biological males. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

You said I’d assumed your gender (I haven’t, I’ve assumed your sex), so I asked. Can’t see any drama there to be honest.  

No drama from my side.  You suggested I was giving away something that was not mine to give away, then said I already use bathrooms with men. So it seems like the perspective of the person speaking is important to you, which is fair enough. 

So if I said I wasn't a bloke would it make any difference to how you feel about my opinions/suggestions on this subject?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×