You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

To be fair genetically aren't we like 50 percent banana. It's all complicated when you delve into anything. I dont see why its so offensive to say there's the biological sex you are born and the sex you become or identify as. Not identifying with the sexual organs you where born with doesn't change that basic biological truth or cheapen you're identity. Why am I even putting my oar in I dont give a fuck, do we all need to have an opinion to fight for on everything. Theres plenty enough people fighting this fight I'm going to focus my energy on the ever dwindling flavour and quantity in snacks.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

To be fair genetically aren't we like 50 percent banana. It's all complicated when you delve into anything. I dont see why its so offensive to say there's the biological sex you are born and the sex you become or identify as. Not identifying with the sexual organs you where born with doesn't change that basic biological truth or cheapen you're identity. Why am I even putting my oar in I dont give a fuck, do we all need to have an opinion to fight for on everything. Theres plenty enough people fighting this fight I'm going to focus my energy on the ever dwindling flavour and quantity in snacks.

I certainly agree with the sentiment you're expressing but the article suggests there isn't a "basic biological truth" - there's more to this than meets the eye. As the author says:

"Since the answer will obviously be no, please be kind, respect people’s right to tell you who they are, and remember that you don’t have all the answers. Again: biology is complicated. Kindness and respect don’t have to be."

Bet a snacks thread would be more contentious than this one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mars said:

I certainly agree with the sentiment you're expressing but the article suggests there isn't a "basic biological truth" - there's more to this than meets the eye. As the author says:

"Since the answer will obviously be no, please be kind, respect people’s right to tell you who they are, and remember that you don’t have all the answers. Again: biology is complicated. Kindness and respect don’t have to be."

Bet a snacks thread would be more contentious than this one.

Intersex people really, really don’t like being dragged into this argument.  

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Read the article -  it does not mention "intersex" to make any point; it only explains how complicated the notion of biological sex is. It is telling me that though I think of myself as biologically male, it could be that I am physically male but not necessarily chromosomally male. It concerns all of us, not just a specific group of people.

9 minutes ago, mars said:

Read the article -  it does not mention "intersex" to make any point; it only explains how complicated the notion of biological sex is. It is telling me that though I think of myself as biologically male, it could be that I am physically male but not necessarily chromosomally male. It concerns all of us, not just a specific group of people.

How would that change things for you if you are physically male and think of yourself as male?

I listened to that great track Dancing in the Street by Martha Reeves and the Vandellas and its says every boy grab a girl around the world, if that came out now I wonder if some fuckin' prick would have an issue with it, due to that line and its reference to boys and girls dancing? 

There's bound to be some cunt who would. 

21 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I listened to that great track Dancing in the Street by Martha Reeves and the Vandellas and its says every boy grab a girl around the world, if that came out now I wonder if some fuckin' prick would have an issue with it, due to that line and its reference to boys and girls dancing? 

This day and age?

15 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

All those conditions fall under the umbrella of intersex.  Men with intersex conditions are still men.  Women with intersex conditions are still women.  

49 minutes ago, SasaS said:

This day and age?

Yeah grab a girl, that's what it says, but not in that way obviously, just a saying and fuck all wrong with it. 

In this day and age though, there's cunts who see wrong in everything that's said, might as well burn some books while they're at it the fuckin' pricks. 

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

2 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Yeah grab a girl, that's what it says, but not in that way obviously, just a saying and fuck all wrong with it. 

In this day and age though. 

Sorry, but this is Daily Mail level stuff.

14 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Sorry, but this is Daily Mail level stuff.

It isn't, I should of known though about replies, it's pretty grim and obvious. 

I get the Mail sometimes along with quite a few others, the General Knowledge crossword is good don't you think? A bit easy though compared to others. 

I'm off out to grab a boy and ill be dancing in the street. Tara. 

27 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

In this day and age though, there's cunts who see wrong in everything that's said, might as well burn some books while they're at it the fuckin' pricks. 

That was a joke. I though your were kidding too.

5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

It isn't, I should of known though about replies, it's pretty grim and obvious. 

I get the Mail sometimes along with quite a few others, the General Knowledge crossword is good don't you think? A bit easy though compared to others. 

I'm off out to grab a boy and ill be dancing in the street. Tara. 

I've got no idea what you're talking about now, what's grim and obvious?

The Mail, especially columnists like Littlejohn, are well known for coming up with some hypothetical situation and frothing away about what 'woke lefties' would do. Which is pretty much what you've done there. No one's bothered about lyrics like that- they're not bigoted or phobic in any way.