You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

3 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Warner Brothers have had to apologise today after their PR people intervened live on air to stop a Sky interviewer ask one of their actors a question about JK Rowling.I am hesitant to say this but this situation is becoming Stalinist, her opponents are trying to airbrush her out of popular culture whilst the rest of the UK looks on and does nothing. The most successful female author in human history who has given hundreds of £ millions to charity yet she’s treated like nuclear waste for daring to say that only women can be women. Its very easy to see how societies slide into totalitarianism. 

Mad how WB PR won’t step in about Ezra Miller for all the shit he’s doing.

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

'bullied into accepting that big hairy blokes with cocks'. Red flag. 

You know you can talk about transpeople without being an absolute cunt. You can pretend that sums up trans people if you want. It's not though. 

Yes I can see with hindsight that’s not appropriate language to describe trans people. I withdraw it. Apologies. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Yes I can see with hindsight that’s not appropriate language to describe trans people. I withdraw it. Apologies. 

Thanks for that. And like I've said many times in this thread, I have many concerns and I do share some of the concerns raised by the likes of the people Rico shares and parrots, but there's a way to do it that shows you're actually lead by science, official definition and guidance, and then there's a way that makes you look bigoted and obsessed. If, like JK Rowling, you write an essay with no transphobia and that's really just supportive of women - especially vulnerable women - and you then let it sit, he wouldn't get comments about him being obsessed and talking about cocks. If you chose one set of extreme examples and post them one after the other after the other, talking about them being men, having cocks, etc, then you're going to get comments about that. There's no comparison between Rowling and Rico. 

On 28/06/2022 at 12:19, Rico1304 said:

Worth a read. 

Extract from the report;

A further incentive for defendants is the possibility of escaping prison altogether on the grounds of being transgender, as has happened in a number of cases (Fahey, 2010) (Simpson, 2022) (Brazell, 2020) (ITV News, 2018) (Karim, 2020).
There is evidence that defendants and prisoners are falsely claiming to be trans in the rising numbers of trans-identified prisoners since the introduction of the care and management of transsexual prisoners policy of 2011, which has been perceived by some as giving special privileges such as private washing and laundry facilities. (Leake, 2014) (Gilligan, 2017) (Gair, 2021)

The chancellor of the uni has now caved to the mob and have removed this report and offered an apology.   

13 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

This was on Twitter but it’s been taken down now; JK Rowling’s home address (obscured) and instructions on how to make a bomb. All becuase she had the audacity to disagree that men can become women. 

51D4C10A-0A9E-4410-8729-4B078107E4B4.jpeg

Head tilt, must be a woman. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Head tilt, must be a woman. 

Ha ha. I read about an experiment whereby scientists tried establish the point at which a male Turkey would cease to find a female bird attractive. They used a dead stuffed female and progressively removed bits (feathers, legs etc) to see at what point the male lost interest. By the end all they had was a female Turkey head on a stick and still the male tried to shag it. Maybe it’s the same with Shane, just tilting his head is enough to change gender. 

On 30/06/2022 at 13:44, Captain Willard said:

Warner Brothers have had to apologise today after their PR people intervened live on air to stop a Sky interviewer ask one of their actors a question about JK Rowling.I am hesitant to say this but this situation is becoming Stalinist, her opponents are trying to airbrush her out of popular culture whilst the rest of the UK looks on and does nothing. The most successful female author in human history who has given hundreds of £ millions to charity yet she’s treated like nuclear waste for daring to say that only women can be women. Its very easy to see how societies slide into totalitarianism. 

Presumably they'll be donating all their proceeds from the Harry Potter universe, past and future, to charity as they disagree so much with it's creator. 

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

This was on Twitter but it’s been taken down now; JK Rowling’s home address (obscured) and instructions on how to make a bomb. All becuase she had the audacity to disagree that men can become women. 

51D4C10A-0A9E-4410-8729-4B078107E4B4.jpeg

One interesting aspect of this is that Twitter didn’t ban this bloke, just made them remove the tweet.  

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

One interesting aspect of this is that Twitter didn’t ban this bloke, just made them remove the tweet.  

He's gone mate. Don't know whether he was banned or if he deactivated his account 

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Maybe Elon Musk is in favour of this sort of "marketplace of ideas".

Far be it from me to rush to the defence of ol’ Musky, but it’s just a small bit of ‘not owning Twitter yet’ for me Clive. I also don’t think he’d consider ‘making a case for pipe bombing a celebrity’s house’ to be in the realms of free speech. 

It is weird how he wasn’t banned though. Might well have been an automatic thing pending review. 

At the risk of sounding mean and possibly a bit naive, if there's one group of people whose death threats I wouldn't be scared of its trans activists. In fact I reckon I could take them all on, like Neo vs Agent Smiths on the basket ball court, it'd be a flurry of angry Tweets, Terf placards, poorly designed Balaclavas and false suicide threats. A few tactical slaps and it's back home for some 275ml Kronenberg from the Nisa shop and Predator on DVD.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Far be it from me to rush to the defence of ol’ Musky, but it’s just a small bit of ‘not owning Twitter yet’ for me Clive. I also don’t think he’d consider ‘making a case for pipe bombing a celebrity’s house’ to be in the realms of free speech. 

It is weird how he wasn’t banned though. Might well have been an automatic thing pending review. 

Yeah, I got briefly suspended for using the phrase "knock yourself out".  I had to explain that it's an invitation to help yourself and not an exhortation to self-harm.

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

At the risk of sounding mean and possibly a bit naive, if there's one group of people whose death threats I wouldn't be scared of its trans activists. In fact I reckon I could take them all on, like Neo vs Agent Smiths on the basket ball court, it'd be a flurry of angry Tweets, Terf placards, poorly designed Balaclavas and false suicide threats. A few tactical slaps and it's back home for some 275ml Kronenberg from the Nisa shop and Predator on DVD.

Men are more violent than women.