You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

In response to the massive increase in young girls having drinks spiked and even potentially being injected with date rape drugs in clubs a group called ‘Girls Night In’ was set up to boycott clubs and highlight the issue.  Only the name ‘Girls Night In’ wasn’t inclusive enough and was thought to exclude TW.  So they’ve been pressured to change it and make it clear TW are at risk too. 

Women being raped by men need to make sure they aren’t excluding men from their campaign.  Mental. 

On 20/10/2021 at 22:29, Rico1304 said:

The bit that sums up the entire argument is someone taking his sign, breaking it and then shouting ‘he’s got a weapon!’ because there’s only the stick left.  

The two protesters in question were comedians. Vito Gesualdi (broken sign guy) who is a computer game nerd and film reviewer who found fame with a funny video taking apart one of the new star wars films, and Dick Masterson who's most famous for appearing on Dr Phil posing as a misogynist and being sued for millions by the other online comedian Maddox of best page in the universe fame.

I imagine this is the most exposure they've had for years. 

23 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Bobby’s on a mission here. 

I don't know what's going on with this LGB Alliance, what to believe.  I was reading about their conference the other day and lots of people seemed to be suggesting they exist only to be anti-trans, and that there's not much LGB representation amongst them??  Like most debates and the culture wars these days it seems impossible to sort out the wheat from the chaff, and I don't think that stifling honest debate and honest, genuine questions has helped matters.

1 minute ago, Moo said:

I don't know what's going on with this LGB Alliance, what to believe.  I was reading about their conference the other day and lots of people seemed to be suggesting they exist only to be anti-trans, and that there's not much LGB representation amongst them??  Like most debates and the culture wars these days it seems impossible to sort out the wheat from the chaff, and I don't think that stifling honest debate and honest, genuine questions has helped matters.

It was an open event, all the stuff was recorded.  It’d be easy to point out any anti-trans stuff. 

What did you think of the woman speaking about rape being used as a weapon in a civil war having her speech drowned out by men shouting outside. And signs saying ‘suck my lady sick’?  

9 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

In response to the massive increase in young girls having drinks spiked and even potentially being injected with date rape drugs in clubs a group called ‘Girls Night In’ was set up to boycott clubs and highlight the issue.  Only the name ‘Girls Night In’ wasn’t inclusive enough and was thought to exclude TW.  So they’ve been pressured to change it and make it clear TW are at risk too. 

Women being raped by men need to make sure they aren’t excluding men from their campaign.  Mental. 

Amazing how these spikers are managing to spike young women without spiking any transwomen too. Almost like those two groups of people are easily discerned, even by would-be rapists.

• Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What did you think of the woman speaking about rape being used as a weapon in a civil war having her speech drowned out by men shouting outside. And signs saying ‘suck my lady sick’?  

Well that sounds awful, but I'm struggling to find any reports on it before I can judge exactly what happened.

Some of the LGB Alliance trustees seem to have problematic views when it comes to LGB issues, and they have worked with some problematic groups.  For me personally they also seem open to allying with people I find problematic, and I don't think "non-partisan" cuts it, but that's just me so I can accept differing views on this.

But they say they want to talk, debate the issues, and that we should not pretend that a clash of rights does not exist - which is how I think it should be, discussion is key. But then I look at some of the things their trustees have said and the groups they've worked with, and wonder if some of their more conciliatory words are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Amazing how these spikers are managing to spike young women without spiking any transwomen too. Almost like those two groups of people are easily discerned, even by would-be rapists.

The statement is a brilliant example of intersectionality.  They even don’t want to offend people in prison. Where the people who spike them will be sent.  

Imagine getting upset by using the word ‘girls’ in a campaign group worried about girls being spiked and raped.  It’s astounding.  

Just now, Moo said:

Well that sounds awful, but I'm struggling to find any reports on it before I can judge exactly what happened.

Some of the LGB Alliance trustees seem to have problematic views when it comes to LGB issues, and they have worked with some problematic groups.  For me personally they also seem open to allying with people I find problematic, and I don't think "non-partisan" cuts it, but that's just me so I can accept differing views on this.

But they say they want to talk, debate the issues, and that we should not pretend that a clash of rights does not exist - which is how I think it should be. But then I look at some of the things their trustees have said and the groups they've worked with, and wonder if some of their more conciliatory words are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Problematic.  What a wonderful word.   You really can’t find the pictures of the protests, the chalk dicks painted on the pavement, the ‘suck my ladydick’ signs?   Really can’t find them? 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Problematic.  What a wonderful word.   You really can’t find the pictures of the protests, the chalk dicks painted on the pavement, the ‘suck my ladydick’ signs?   Really can’t find them? 

What's problematic with problematic?

And no, I can see pictures fine, the bit/reports I can't see related to you writing: "the woman speaking about rape being used as a weapon in a civil war having her speech drowned out by men shouting outside".

Maybe I'm not good at Google search, I tried variations of LGB Alliance, conference, speakers, rape.  Feel free to link me to them. Ta.

32 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

We're negging facts these days. What a metaphor for this entire topic.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Just to be clear you are saying it's easy to discern between women and transgender women? 

I'm simply pointing out that the prospective rapists responsible for this epidemic of spikings are having no trouble differentiating between them.