You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

Just now, Remmie said:

This lesbian only festival - if they had a rule saying only lesbians of white origin can attend, would your response be the same about it? 

Would it fuck. Therefore you think Racism is wrong but Transphobia is OK. 

What the fuck are you on about?  Have you bumped your head? 

59 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Almost like there's a difference between having a different shade of skin and having an actual dick.

So it's fine to marginalise one because of what's in their pants when they were a baby but not another because of the colour of their skin? 

9 minutes ago, Remmie said:

So it's fine to marginalise one because of what's in their pants when they were a baby but not another because of the colour of their skin? 

Lesbians are same sex attracted women. Unless you are suggesting they are being bigoted by not liking blokes? 

86% of TW don’t have any genital reassignment.  So are you saying lesbians should accept ladydick? 

I guess the acid test is whether you’d consider a TW and accept her ladydick? I mean it’s racist or something if you wouldn’t suck it.  

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

I've always wondered what motivates flashers

It’s an incredibly common crime that doesn’t get any coverage.  A huge proportion of women have been flashed and don’t bother reporting it because they aren’t taken seriously.  Which is bad because it’s an escalation crime.  

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s an incredibly common crime that doesn’t get any coverage.  A huge proportion of women have been flashed and don’t bother reporting it because they aren’t taken seriously.  Which is bad because it’s an escalation crime.  

Its the motivation I don't understand, what do they get out of it? Is it just a thrill through shocking someone or is it a way of trying to attract someone or perhaps a power thing? Its strange.

7 minutes ago, A Red said:

Its the motivation I don't understand, what do they get out of it? Is it just a thrill through shocking someone or is it a way of trying to attract someone or perhaps a power thing? Its strange.

Domination I think.  Surprising women and getting a sexual thrill from it.  

Anyone doing it deserves a good fucking leathering. 

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

Is it okay to exclude them if they still have a penis in their pants at the time of the event?

Do we know the purpose of the festival? What if it was a big copping off event so the organisers and attendees only wanted lesbians with female genitalia there? Would that be okay?

I don't know the answers, just posing questions.

7 hours ago, Moo said:

Is it okay to exclude them if they still have a penis in their pants at the time of the event?

Do we know the purpose of the festival? What if it was a big copping off event so the organisers and attendees only wanted lesbians with female genitalia there? Would that be okay?

There are some lesbian dating apps that have a huge % of TW, apparently making them unusable.  Strangely the TW want ‘real’ women, not TW.  

7 hours ago, Moo said:

Click the link I posted.

Tells you the original purpose of the festival.

And yes it would be ok as it is a festival set up for lesbians to have a free and safe space. 

On a separate note, I see the BBC, in particular Stephen Nolan is getting shit about a documentary he has done about Stonewall and how they are negatively pushing through their agenda. (I’ve put that into very simplistic terms) 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Click the link I posted.

Tells you the original purpose of the festival.

And yes it would be ok as it is a festival set up for lesbians to have a free and safe space. 

On a separate note, I see the BBC, in particular Stephen Nolan is getting shit about a documentary he has done about Stonewall and how they are negatively pushing through their agenda. (I’ve put that into very simplistic terms) 

I did click your link but the article didn't seem to exist.

23 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Thanks. Would be interested in that. 

‘Present as’ is doing a lot of work there.  Would you agree that say a TW who has a beard would not be presenting as a woman? Or that say someone working with Pippa Bunce could have a genuine concern that she is able to use both sets of loos depending on her mood? 

2014 case: Details (lawcentres.org.uk)

Guidance doc (2015): Department for Education (publishing.service.gov.uk)

"A trans person should be free to select the facilities (such as toilets or changing rooms) appropriate to the gender in which they present."

2018 story on pressure from both sides to change the law: Transgender people can continue to be denied access to some women-only spaces, government says | The Independent | The Independent

Under current laws, trans people have a default right to use whichever single-sex area they choose, but can be turned away if doing so can be justified as proportionate. Ministers said they would not change the law to make single-sex spaces completely illegal.

In response to a petition calling for women to be consulted before any change to the Gender Recognition Act (GRA), which allows people to legally change their gender, the Government Equalities Office said: “We are clear that we have no intention of amending the Equality Act 2010, the legislation that allows for single-sex spaces.

“Any GRA reform will not change the protected characteristics in the Equality Act nor the exceptions under the Equality Act that allow provision for single and separate sex spaces.”

It added: “Providers of women-only services can continue to provide services in a different way, or even not provide services to trans individuals, provided it is objectively justified on a case-by-case basis.

“The same can be said about toilets, changing rooms or single-sex activities. Providers may exclude trans people from facilities of the sex they identify with, providing it is a proportionate means of meeting a legitimate aim.”

So, I don't think @Boss was seeking things to change.

Regarding your questions, considering their position in the company, I think Pippa Bunce's options wold need to be very carefully considered. Due to their seniority I don't think they should assume people would be comfortable objecting and therefore the professional thing would be to use gender neutral facilities, in general.

10 minutes ago, Pidge said:

2014 case: Details (lawcentres.org.uk)

Guidance doc (2015): Department for Education (publishing.service.gov.uk)

"A trans person should be free to select the facilities (such as toilets or changing rooms) appropriate to the gender in which they present."

2018 story on pressure from both sides to change the law: Transgender people can continue to be denied access to some women-only spaces, government says | The Independent | The Independent

So, I don't think @Boss was seeking things to change.

Regarding your questions, considering their position in the company, I think Pippa Bunce's options wold need to be very carefully considered. Due to their seniority I don't think they should assume people would be comfortable objecting and therefore the professional thing would be to use gender neutral facilities, in general.

That guidance has Stonewall all over it.  A quick skim shows it misrepresents the law quite often too.