You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

7 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Again. Read the actual words. You’re making yourself appear quite unintelligent, which is unfortunate.

Oh no, the man thinks I’m not a clever person like what he is.  Will I ever get…yes, I did. Immediately. 

You might also want to reread your post.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Oh no, the man thinks I’m not a clever person like what he is.  Will I ever get…yes, I did. Immediately. 

Well done mate. Proud of you. Just because you can’t read the word “not” in a sentence, rendering you left arguing strongly against the exact opposite of its meaning, that’s definitely something you should be proud of. Grab a certificate on the way out. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Well done mate. Proud of you. Just because you can’t read the word “not” in a sentence, rendering you left arguing strongly against the exact opposite of its meaning, that’s definitely something you should be proud of. Grab a certificate on the way out. 

They? 

Come on, is this the best use of your time arguing with inferiors on the internet?  

I mean you seem to be able to channel the thoughts and  intentions of an entire movement. No time to waste. 

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

You’re continuing to misappropriate the two.

Trans women are not saying they feel like a woman because of how women have struggled against they patriarchy and they want to be part of that struggle.

I think we’ve got to the end of this now. I’m not speculating how people feel, I’m saying how they feel doesn’t change who they are or give them rights to dictate this to others or erode the boundaries of their identity. Trans men may think they feel like a woman but that doesn’t give them the right to appropriate female culture, sport, changing rooms etc and redefine what it means to be a woman. Anyway I’m done with this now.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think we’ve got to the end of this now. I’m not speculating how people feel, I’m saying how they feel doesn’t change who they are or give them rights to dictate this to others or erode the boundaries of their identity. Trans men may think they feel like a woman but that doesn’t give them the right to appropriate female culture, sport, changing rooms etc and redefine what it means to be a woman. Anyway I’m done with this now.

Say that all you like. I’m not going to suggest you can’t or shouldn’t. It’s. A point of view and you’re welcome to it.

I gave you an answer to your question when you asked “why won’t anyone answer my question” and rather than take my answer you made multiple posts telling me my answer was something different until you reached the point you wanted to reach where you shared a view it was obvious you held from the start.

Fine. It was never going to be any different, was it?

37 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think it’s the latter. 

In the spirit of the thread, it should be able to identify as the former from Tuesday to Friday, the latter from Saturday to Monday, and whatever it needs to be to get naked in the women's changing rooms.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They? 

Come on, is this the best use of your time arguing with inferiors on the internet?  

I mean you seem to be able to channel the thoughts and  intentions of an entire movement. No time to waste. 

You’re fucking nuts.

I don't think it jives to say the transgender debate is the same as the one around being gay years ago. 

Coming out as gay is a personal choice made by an individual which impacts nobody else's life or wider society, it's crazy to think people ever had to hide away from being what they wanted to be.

Now, 'part' of the transgender debate could be classified as that, most people, even on this thread, don't seem to take issue with any of that, i.e people wanting to change gender.

What they have issue with is stuff like self identification, especially when you're still clearly your original gender by every conceivable metric, or people changing their language 'people with cervixs' and the like, women's shelters calling people bigots for being afraid of transgender women being present, men going to women's prisons, men competitng in women's sports, kids having irreversible surgery, or stuff that even attempts to deny that things like gender or sex are even a thing and being asked to deny the evidence of your eyes and ears under pain of internet and career pumeling by the hashtag 'be kind' brigade. Some of it is flat Earth shit.

The two issues are deliberately conflated so people who have a problem with any of the latter are gaslighted into being told they have a problem with the former and are therefore akin to the kind of people who used to stomp on gay lads' heads with Doc Martins in the 80s.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Who says you can’t wish people all the luck in the world with a pat on the bottom for their efforts these days.

Ok, so you think I was being patronising.

I think the reason you entered in to this debate was down to the disrespectful language used towards trans people. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I had no intention of being patronising but rather to say that I want them to be treat properly and fairly and respect their decision to become trans. However, that is in the context that they are not actually the same as women.

Where is your problem with that? 

6 minutes ago, A Red said:

Ok, so you think I was being patronising.

I think the reason you entered in to this debate was down to the disrespectful language used towards trans people. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I had no intention of being patronising but rather to say that I want them to be treat properly and fairly and respect their decision to become trans. However, that is in the context that they are not actually the same as women.

Where is your problem with that? 

Who says I have a problem with that? That’s an opinion you’ve every right to hold, and not one I have any intention to argue against.

it’s not what you said in the post I replied to, though. Which is why I replied.

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think it jives to say the transgender debate is the same as the one around being gay years ago. 

Coming out as gay is a personal choice made by an individual which impacts nobody else's life or wider society, it's crazy to think people ever had to hide away from being what they wanted to be.

Now, 'part' of the transgender debate could be classified as that, most people, even on this thread, don't seem to take issue with any of that, i.e people wanting to change gender.

What they have issue with is stuff like self identification, especially when you're still clearly your original gender by every conceivable metric, or people changing their language 'people with cervixs' and the like, women's shelters calling people bigots for being afraid of transgender women being present, men going to women's prisons, men competitng in women's sports, kids having irreversible surgery, or stuff that even attempts to deny that things like gender or sex are even a thing and being asked to deny the evidence of your eyes and ears under pain of internet and career pumeling by the hashtag 'be kind' brigade. Some of it is flat Earth shit.

The two issues are deliberately conflated so people who have a problem with any of the latter are gaslighted into being told they have a problem with the former and are therefore akin to the kind of people who used to stomp on gay lads' heads with Doc Martins in the 80s.

Being gay does affect wider society though. It certainly affects the Christian faith, when it's being told that they should allow gay marriages to take place in their churches - turning their back on their own scriptures.

I don't see a problem with trans people being able to use the women's toilets either. I don't think MTF transgender people like the thought of going into a male bathroom and whipping their dick out whilst standing next to a bloke in a urinal. Especially seeing as they've gone to every effort to appear female, by wearing a dress, makeup etc. It seems unnecessarily degrading. Women's toilets have locked stalls. They can go in there and do their business without the need to humiliate them. 

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

Being gay does affect wider society though. It certainly affects the Christian faith, when it's being told that they should allow gay marriages to take place in their churches - turning their back on their own scriptures.

I don't see a problem with trans people being able to use the women's toilets either. I don't think MTF transgender people like the thought of going into a male bathroom and whipping their dick out whilst standing next to a bloke in a urinal. Especially seeing as they've gone to every effort to appear female, by wearing a dress, makeup etc. It seems unnecessarily degrading. Women's toilets have locked stalls. They can go in there and do their business without the need to humiliate them. 

You don’t see a problem with men in womens toilets? Could you see why women might, especially if they do have cocks?  Also, how would differentiate between genuine trans women and blokes who want to go into womens toilets?   

8 minutes ago, Boss said:

And in your example of the church no one is losing anything.  The church can refuse to hold weddings as far as I’m aware. It’s a carve out in the equality act.  

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You don’t see a problem with men in womens toilets? Could you see why women might, especially if they do have cocks?  Also, how would differentiate between genuine trans women and blokes who want to go into womens toilets?   

No problem at all.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/loudoun-county-schools-covered-up-rape-prosecuted-a-concerned-father-to-protect-its-transgender-agenda

50 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Who says I have a problem with that? That’s an opinion you’ve every right to hold, and not one I have any intention to argue against.

it’s not what you said in the post I replied to, though. Which is why I replied.

I'm sorry but I dont follow. I've said, to paraphrase, they deserve respect but are not women. 

You implied I was being patronising, how so?

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Subtle. Rep. 

• Upvote 1