You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Bizarre question to ask really. Lib Dems are politicians, not biologists.

Same principle applies to the questioners who thought Tim Farron was a theologian.

I’m sure you know but just in case…

‘A mother of two is suing the Liberal Democrats after she was barred from running for Parliament for saying 'transgender women are not women.' 

Natalie Bird, 40, was banned from the party office for 10 years after a complaint about her wearing a T-shirt reading, 'Woman: Adult, Human, Female'.’

28 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’m sure you know but just in case…

‘A mother of two is suing the Liberal Democrats after she was barred from running for Parliament for saying 'transgender women are not women.' 

Natalie Bird, 40, was banned from the party office for 10 years after a complaint about her wearing a T-shirt reading, 'Woman: Adult, Human, Female'.’

Mental. 

Next election will be hilarious as Labour and LDs tie themselves in knots and Tories just tell the truth (despite how hard that may be). 

I don't think there's anything wrong with politicians trying to sound inclusive, sometimes they get the balance right and sometimes they don't, but by and large the idea that transgender people should be respected for their choices is a noble one which I'm happy to see more progressive parties trying to advocate. 

The reason the Tories shoot it all down is because they'll have some focus groups telling them that if they spout more hateful shite at whoever just happens to be in the crosshairs at the time, distraction politics while they continue to hoover up the spondulicks. 

If there was big money in gender reassignment I'd expect dozens of companies house registrations with HQs in Guernsey to pop up over night, and the average Tory to have a road to Damascus moment about the whole thing.   

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with politicians trying to sound inclusive, sometimes they get the balance right and sometimes they don't, but by and large the idea that transgender people should be respected for their choices is a noble one which I'm happy to see more progressive parties trying to advocate. 

The reason the Tories shoot it all down is because they'll have some focus groups telling them that if they spout more hateful shite at whoever just happens to be in the crosshairs at the time, distraction politics while they continue to hoover up the spondulicks. 

If there was big money in gender reassignment I'd expect dozens of companies house registrations with HQs in Guernsey to pop up over night, and the average Tory to have a road to Damascus moment about the whole thing.   

You don’t think there’s money in GR?  During COVID theres only been on type of surgery thats actually increased. Guess which it is?  Then there’s the drugs. A lifetime on hormones and drugs to prevent the rejection or healing up of the penis/vagina. 

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Mental. 

Next election will be hilarious as Labour and LDs tie themselves in knots and Tories just tell the truth (despite how hard that may be). 

The whole issue is just nuclear waste for political parties, very few votes to be gained from the trans lobbyists and millions of older women voters who instinctively recoil from the thought of big hairy blokes invading their toilets, and dressing rooms.

Adding in the issue of race makes it even worse, if a white male can self identify as a women why not as black as well ? There’s no logical answer to this that doesn’t offend somebody. 

The Tories will just take a back seat and watch the other parties alienate big chunks of the electorate on an issue that in reality affects a very small number of people. As the saying goes, never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. 

54 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The whole issue is just nuclear waste for political parties, very few votes to be gained from the trans lobbyists and millions of older women voters who instinctively recoil from the thought of big hairy blokes invading their toilets, and dressing rooms.

Adding in the issue of race makes it even worse, if a white male can self identify as a women why not as black as well ? There’s no logical answer to this that doesn’t offend somebody. 

The Tories will just take a back seat and watch the other parties alienate big chunks of the electorate on an issue that in reality affects a very small number of people. As the saying goes, never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. 

No one is going to defect to Labour LD because of this issue.  But loads will defect from them.  

The Greens will just try and pretend Aimee Challinor  didn’t happen. Now there’s a story if you fancy a 5 mins Google.  #374656 in things that will never happen. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No one is going to defect to Labour LD because of this issue.  But loads will defect from them.  

The Greens will just try and pretend Aimee Challinor  didn’t happen. Now there’s a story if you fancy a 5 mins Google.  #374656 in things that will never happen. 

Well her husband seems like a nice balanced chap. 
This is my point though, the whole issue is 100% toxic for left wing political parties and attracts nutters like Aimee like moths to a flame. Older women vote in their millions and don’t have any empathy with this issue at all. It’s a vote destroyer. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Well her husband seems like a nice balanced chap. 
This is my point though, the whole issue is 100% toxic for left wing political parties and attracts nutters like Aimee like moths to a flame. Older women vote in their millions and don’t have any empathy with this issue at all. It’s a vote destroyer. 

Was it Steven Pinker who said that all the major battles have been won so now we are looking at fringe stuff and blowing out of all proportion?  

It’s truly emperor’s new clothes and it’s taken over people who I really respect. Even in here, I disagree with AoT on loads of stuff but he’s a fucking clever bloke and he makes me think about the way I think (if that makes sense). But he thinks men can become women. I don’t mean to call him out (and he may have blocked me) but that’s just not true. The dead lazy ‘just be nice’ lot infuriate me too. Men hold all the cards generally, this

rubbish takes the few things women have. 

In a few years it’ll come tumbling down and people will be horrified at what they allowed to happen. 

21 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

You don’t think there’s money in GR?  During COVID theres only been on type of surgery thats actually increased. Guess which it is?  Then there’s the drugs. A lifetime on hormones and drugs to prevent the rejection or healing up of the penis/vagina. 

This is a very interesting discussion from about 30 minutes in.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4SIh4Pt39AtGQYzMJMNkv1?si=mUA9mlAHSy2njOirIplXbw&dl_branch=1

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

No one is trying to erase women.  Things that aren’t happening #23746477

I’ve said this before but substitute race for gender and nobody would dare say any of this shit.  There’s some tortured mental gymnastics going on that says I can self identify as a women but somehow my race is fixed and immutable. I’ve yet to see an explanation of the difference and the only academic essay I have seen that addresses the question argued that the act of asking the question (what’s the difference between self identified  gender and race ?) was somehow transphobic. This is straight from the Ministry of Truth where even asking a question is forbidden. We are letting a tiny minority of people seek to blur and ultimately erase the boundaries of female identity and police our thoughts on what they are doing without any sustained objection. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

This question will be asked at the next election. LD, Greens and Labour won’t be able to answer it without looking stupid.  

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19605774.labour-leader-sir-keir-starmer-not-right-say-women-cervix/

The left parties need to do the maths on this issue. Standing up to the trans lobby and saying that women’s rights need to be supported from erosion won’t cost them many votes but caving in on issues of female sport, dressing rooms, toilets etc will cost them millions of female voters. 

12 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The left parties need to do the maths on this issue. Standing up to the trans lobby and saying that women’s rights need to be supported from erosion won’t cost them many votes but caving in on issues of female sport, dressing rooms, toilets etc will cost them millions of female voters. 

‘If you deny my sex you won’t get my X’. 

9 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

‘If you deny my sex you won’t get my X’. 

Rosie duffield, a female mp, not going to to the Labour Party conference because of security concerns after she liked a tweet that said only women have a cervix. Starmer said “ she was wrong to say it”  and “wherever we have got to on the law we need to go further ”

Just dwell on this for a minute, this is a female mp being threatened with violence for standing up for women and the leader of the Labour Party has left her to the wolves. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58698406

43 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Well, cancer research seem to disagree with Keir.

Absolute bellend for not supporting his own Female MP on this. 

6F9CF937-956A-45F5-948B-B278934A60F6.jpeg

It’s now a lead item on the news and will overshadow his conference speech. What’s more worrying is his use of the phrase she said “something that shouldn’t be said”. This is thought police in action coming from a major left wing politician

36 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

It’s now a lead item on the news and will overshadow his conference speech. What’s more worrying is his use of the phrase she said “something that shouldn’t be said”. This is thought police in action coming from a major left wing politician

I’ve been saying this for years.  It’s compelled speech and we are being asked to ignore what we can see.  

There’s a massive difference between ‘I’m happy to treat you like a woman in most circumstances’ and ‘you are definitely a woman’. 

51 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Since when was Starmer a major left-wing politician? He's as much of an empty vessel ideologically these days as your man Johnson.

And, while I don't agree with Starmer's stance on this issue, you'll be surprised to learn that outside of right-wing circles, many decent people believe there's things that shouldn't be said in public, even if you believe them to be self-evident facts.