You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

I’ve not got involved in this thread as I neither know or understand anywhere near enough to have a fully thought through, fair and compassionate opinion to decide exactly what’s right and/or wrong. 

However I was approached by our regional director this week to write a risk assessment for a member of staff (male transitioning to female) to provide intimate personal care for a female service user with a learning disability who has a history of being raped/sexually assaulted by both staff and other service users in the past. 

I don’t think I’ve ever felt such relief as when I was able to say, “No fucking chance, I’m gone in less than 3 weeks. You do it”. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

26 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’ve not got involved in this thread as I neither know or understand anywhere near enough to have a fully thought through, fair and compassionate opinion to decide exactly what’s right and/or wrong. 

However I was approached by our regional director this week to write a risk assessment for a member of staff (male transitioning to female) to provide intimate personal care for a female service user with a learning disability who has a history of being raped/sexually assaulted by both staff and other service users in the past. 

I don’t think I’ve ever felt such relief as when I was able to say, “No fucking chance, I’m gone in less than 3 weeks. You do it”. 

So before the transition they weren’t able to do it because the rights of the service user came first? Now, after a few self declared magic words it’s the other way round?  I’m sure this is another one of the things that wouldn’t happen. 

Surely someone in that profession, knowing the history, would say ‘this could upset the user so I’ll stay clear’. But no, that’s not what happens.  

Although under the GRA, even with a GRC the user can refuse having this person. But does she have capacity to? Who’s the victim here again, the raped kid with learning difficulties or the man? 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

So before the transition they weren’t able to do it because the rights of the service user came first? Now, after a few self declared magic words it’s the other way round?  I’m sure this is another one of the things that wouldn’t happen. 

Surely someone in that profession, knowing the history, would say ‘this could upset the user so I’ll stay clear’. But no, that’s not what happens.  

Although under the GRA, even with a GRC the user can refuse having this person. But does she have capacity to? Who’s the victim here again, the raped kid with learning difficulties or the man? 

Its been a major shit show right from the off, compounded by the company. 

The member of staff took time off to transition, came back to work identifying as a female and with a new name. She was going to be working in a male only service where there’s no need to provide personal care. 

A member of staff then told the service users and encouraged them to take the piss and play up for her. 

The regional director chose to move her to a different service against her wishes, and picked a service where she’d have to provide personal care to the woman who’d been raped and sexually assaulted in the past. 

The member of staff had no clue about the service users history and had never wanted to move house in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Its been a major shit show right from the off, compounded by the company. 

The member of staff took time off to transition, came back to work identifying as a female and with a new name. She was going to be working in a male only service where there’s no need to provide personal care. 

A member of staff then told the service users and encouraged them to take the piss and play up for her. 

The regional director chose to move her to a different service against her wishes, and picked a service where she’d have to provide personal care to the woman who’d been raped and sexually assaulted in the past. 

The member of staff had no clue about the service users history and had never wanted to

move house in the first place. 

Sounds like they’ve been shit on. 

• Upvote 1

On 28/06/2021 at 20:07, Rico1304 said:

This woman went to a spa in the US. There was a man in the changing rooms - she didn’t like it.  In another video she talks about him saying he’s into sex with women whilst in the shower. 

So, a warrant has been issued in this case. Darren Merager, a convicted sex offender (obviously) is wanted for 5 counts of indecent exposure and another 6 for an incident in another locker room in 2018.  Now, which bigot said predatory men would use these laws to get access to women?  TERF! 

Things that’ll never happen. #374866

Man identifies as a woman, keeps his beard and then decides he can access women’s spaces and when they object he calls them bigots.  Nothing screams ‘woman’ more than an aggressive 6 foot two man with a beard, cock and balls.  

Nothing screams cunt more than someone abusing the rules to try and make some sort of point against a group.

Not sure it's representative of the trans community any more than the things done by cis individuals are representative of me or you.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Nothing screams cunt more than someone abusing the rules to try and make some sort of point against a group.

Not sure it's representative of the trans community any more than the things done by cis individuals are representative of me or you.

Did you read it?  He is recognised as a woman by the government.  He says he’s a woman and it’s done. 

17 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Things that’ll never happen. #374866

Man identifies as a woman, keeps his beard and then decides he can access women’s spaces and when they object he calls them bigots.  Nothing screams ‘woman’ more than an aggressive 6 foot two man with a beard, cock and balls.  

Didn't she win euro vision a few years back?

• Upvote 1

Did you read it?  He is recognised as a woman by the government.  He says he’s a woman and it’s done. 

So your issue is with loopholes in the law?

Because, and apologies in advance because I haven't been through every one of your posts in this thread, it seems like you're waging a one person war on trans people in general and these little case studies of the law not adequately protecting either side is your proof that it's bad.

38 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

So your issue is with loopholes in the law?

Because, and apologies in advance because I haven't been through every one of your posts in this thread, it seems like you're waging a one person war on trans people in general and these little case studies of the law not adequately protecting either side is your proof that it's bad.

What is the loophole? There is no loophole.  

Waging war?  Mmm. Anyway, I’ve nothing against trans people. Go for your life. I just don’t think TW should get all the rights of women and that the law is currently about right.  Hardly controversial.   

And your way of having no problem with them is by highlighting the worst and saying look I was right?

Again, not sure why a whole community has to be ashamed or feel representative of an individual, they certainly shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

It's the same logic that has people demanding Muslims speak out publicly after terror attacks as if they were in some way responsible. I'd spend my life apologising, and have to stay locked in a room, if I had to shoulder responsibility for every heinous act committed by a straight white male and my rights were impacted off the back of it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

And your way of having no problem with them is by highlighting the worst and saying look I was right?

Again, not sure why a whole community has to be ashamed or feel representative of an individual, they certainly shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

It's the same logic that has people demanding Muslims speak out publicly after terror attacks as if they were in some way responsible. I'd spend my life apologising, and have to stay locked in a room, if I had to shoulder responsibility for every heinous act committed by a straight white male and my rights were impacted off the back of it.

I think you’ve missed my point.  I don’t think a lot of the examples I’ve highlighted are trans people.  They are blokes using it to take advantage of women, which is always gonna happen. For example I don’t think the majority of men in women’s prisons are trans, but the stupid way the rules are applied means that predatory men end up in their.  That doesn’t seem controversial at all to me. Like say in prison the  best food was halal so prisoners said they were Muslim to get the best food.   Pointing that out doesn’t make you a bigot.  But pointing out men will use the rules to get better treatment in prison or even have sex is bigoted? 

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

And that would be the loophole I initially mentioned, more needs to be done to prevent that happening but given the complexity of the situation I can see how that would be difficult.

Not sure denying trans women (or men) rights in the meantime is the answer either.

And I’m telling you it isn’t a loophole.  If you allow that TWAW then how do you police it because TWAW.

Which rights exactly do you think are being denied and by whom?  

7 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I think you’ve missed my point.  I don’t think a lot of the examples I’ve highlighted are trans people.  They are blokes using it to take advantage of women, which is always gonna happen. For example I don’t think the majority of men in women’s prisons are trans, but the stupid way the rules are applied means that predatory men end up in their.  That doesn’t seem controversial at all to me. Like say in prison the  best food was halal so prisoners said they were Muslim to get the best food.   Pointing that out doesn’t make you a bigot.  But pointing out men will use the rules to get better treatment in prison or even have sex is bigoted? 

You deliberately call trans women “blokes” and say there’s no such thing as trans women.

you’re not telling the truth in that post.