You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

So the argument is, some men have greater lung capacity than other men so it doesn't matter if all male athletes have a biological advantage over all female athletes?

Boys regularly beat the women’s 100m world record.  Not men, boys. 

The boys record its self  is .80 second quicker than the women’s. Women obviously aren’t trying hard enough.  Something about big lungs. 

57 minutes ago, SasaS said:

So the argument is, some men have greater lung capacity than other men so it doesn't matter if all male athletes have a biological advantage over all female athletes?

It's not really an argument.  I'm just yanking Rico's lariat because it's hilarious to see him clutching his pearls at some perceived injustice in the world of archery.

Archery!

As if he gives a fuck.

Imagine taking a look at all the shit in the world and deciding that the issue you're going to expend this much time and energy on is trans women using changing rooms and competing at archery. Weird priorities. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's not really an argument.  I'm just yanking Rico's lariat because it's hilarious to see him clutching his pearls at some perceived injustice in the world of archery.

Archery!

As if he gives a fuck.

Imagine taking a look at all the shit in the world and deciding that the issue you're going to expend this much time and energy on is trans women using changing rooms and competing at archery. Weird priorities. 

I mean it only impacts women, it’s not as if it’s anyone important like blokes. 

Women are so shit at being women, men have had to step in and show them how it’s done.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Women are so shit at being women, men have had to step in and show them how it’s done.  

Always said if men gave birth it would be much less hassle. Pack in work the night before, give birth at 9am cup of tea, 2 paracetamol and have a few hours kip.A

pint at dinner time and straight back to work with the baby in a Moses Basket on site.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Good job the precious little dears have got big strong you to speak up for them.

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Good job the precious little dears have got big strong you to speak up for them.

I wouldn’t speak ‘for’ a woman. That’s a bit sexist.  You do you though.  

I’ll call out the fucking bollocks when I see it though.  

Maybe I just need to suck some ladydick to see the error of my ways. 

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Apparently its the shape of women's hips means they can't run as fast. This is why men beat women at tennis, they're quicker around the court. 

Not just that, bigger heart, faster reflexes, more fast twitch muscles, longer and stronger bones and fucking loads of beautiful testosterone.  

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Apparently its the shape of women's hips means they can't run as fast. This is why men beat women at tennis, they're quicker around the court. 

I used to think it was because they hit the ball much harder, at least according to one woman tennis player's explanation. 

On 25/07/2021 at 14:43, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Just listening to BBC News banging on about this NZ weightlifter supposedly having a physical advantage made me think of Miguel Induráin.

20210725_134109.png

So his physiology was incredible. Im pretty sure athletes who have lived all their lives at altitude would have a different physiology to those at sea level. But at the end of the day its male v male and woman v woman.  The New Zealand lifter was anonymous when competing as a bloke, changes sex and has all the physiological advantages of growing up a male when competing against females. That is just not fair to the other competitors.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The IOC have already said they’ve fucked up.  It seems Trans Women aren’t Women. 

They said they were though.

38 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

#1234 on the ‘things that won’t happen’

That's really scary. What are they thinking, and why this anti-scientific bullshit?

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

They said they were though.

That's really scary. What are they thinking, and why this anti-scientific bullshit?

The IOC rules in place now were just a shambles. Looks like it seems they’ve seen sense.  Too late obviously. 

On the other stuff it seems people pointing out the madness weren’t crazy, transphobic or bad people. 

The number of people who have to climb back will be funny.  

Here's a question to throw into the mix. Transgender people can have smear tests even though they don't need them (I think, the link reads like the man from St Ives) presumably this is more about avoiding perceived discrimination, but how many women get ill/die because they're not see as fast as they would otherwise have been?

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/sexual-health/should-trans-men-have-cervical-screening-tests/