You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

31 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Five years ago I didn't know trans community existed.

For a movement claiming to be opposed by far right money they’ve managed to make some fucking massive gains in that 5 years.  They’ve captured government, major institutions and sports. 

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

For a movement claiming to be opposed by far right money they’ve managed to make some fucking massive gains in that 5 years.  They’ve captured government, major institutions and sports. 

They've lost a few parts as well though to be balanced.

• Upvote 3

On 28/06/2021 at 20:07, Rico1304 said:

This woman went to a spa in the US. There was a man in the changing rooms - she didn’t like it.  In another video she talks about him saying he’s into sex with women whilst in the shower. 

Following on from this incident at the WI Spa above (there's now 'WIspa'' protests taking place in the States, apparently), I saw 'wispa' trending just now. Turns out this LGB activist/feminist/Terf tweeted these two beauties below:

image.png

image.png

At the time of posting I've yet to ascertain what significance the lemon was supposed to have had.

56 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Following on from this incident at the WI Spa above (there's now 'WIspa'' protests taking place in the States, apparently), I saw 'wispa' trending just now. Turns out this LGB activist/feminist/Terf tweeted these two beauties below:

image.png

image.png

At the time of posting I've yet to ascertain what significance the lemon was supposed to have had.

It would be very interesting to understand if you know who she is.  And how the first two of the adjectives you’ve used link to the third. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

It would be very interesting to understand if you know who she is.  And how the first two of the adjectives you’ve used link to the third. 

Not being an obsessive regarding this issue, I didn't have a fucking clue who she was until shortly before I put that post up earlier, but a quick scroll through the tweets about her saw her described in all the ways I mentioned, depending on who was doing the describing.

Anyway, what did you think of what she tweeted, what I put up here? My take, was that she sounded like a fucking nutter who's doing her cause no good at all. At a guess I'd say you disagree. 

6 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Not being an obsessive regarding this issue, I didn't have a fucking clue who she was until shortly before I put that post up earlier, but a quick scroll through the tweets about her saw her described in all the ways I mentioned, depending on who was doing the describing.

Anyway, what did you think of what she tweeted, what I put up here? My take, was that she sounded like a fucking nutter who's doing her cause no good at all. At a guess I'd say you disagree. 

I’d say she made a mistake and did herself no favours. But she soon put it right, and didn’t have to because no one would have known otherwise. 

She pretty much handled the mistake perfectly. 

She over reacted, she realised her mistake, she fessed up. 

What do you think, not being an obsessive? 

In a semi related point women’s prisons in California are now handing out condoms. 

(any ‘semi’ jokes will be frowned upon) 

A mistake. Yeah, that's one way of describing comments claiming that finding a bar of chocolate (and the lemon? Enlighten me, Rico) in her garden amounts to a trans activist conspiracy to poison her dog. The product of a paranoid mind that deserves to be noted, mocked and criticised is another. 

From the little I've read of her musings this evening I'd guess I'm closer to sharing her views on these matters than the people she's clearly set herself against, but I'm not so far down the rabbit hole that my instinct, when I see comments like the ones I posted, making her look foolish (in my view, anyway) is to look the other way.

Edited to add that she did right to fess up to her 'mistake' - I actually added that for context, so I wouldn't have someone jumping on me for omitting that. 

Edited by Jack the Sipper

18 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

This is quite interesting. It’s excerpts from Hansard when the GRA was being debated.  There’s an awful lot of “that’ll never happen”. Guess what…

That thread is really interesting, actually.

This line, in particular, must have been extremely inflammatory at the time (and now) but IMO is still a good summary of the heart of the issue:

We must not allow our natural sympathy for those who struggle with a serious psychological problem to blind us to the problems that the Bill will create for other people.

I think all of us must sympathise with people who struggle with gender dysphoria. It must be absolutely maddening, and my heart breaks for them. But the solution to someone whose conception of reality doesn't correspond with actual reality cannot possibly be to fully accommodate them and pretend that the problem is reality itself.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Remmie said:

This is before I even know the story. Seriously, knowing the square root of fuck all about prison culture, I suspect being trans in that environment might be a tad tough

It must be, trans women are at risk from men. But the solution isn’t to put them in with women. Make the prison they are in safe.  The U.K. now doesn’t have any women’s prisons. It has mixed and men’s prisons. That’s fucking mental. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

It must be, trans women are at risk from men. But the solution isn’t to put them in with women. Make the prison they are in safe.  The U.K. now doesn’t have any women’s prisons. It has mixed and men’s prisons. That’s fucking mental. 

And wrong.

The obsession is hilarious to watch. Twitter is bad. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Kids assaulted in a park by a woman.  Police asking for witnesses.  Now, what could possibly go wrong with that description?

Psychology and criminology is gonna be fucked up for years. 

They profile crooks based on age, gender etc and now that's gonna go out the window. 

'yes most violent crimes are committed by men aged 20 to 35, but strangely many women have started to commit crimes in the last few years.'

'oh, maybe that's because....'

'BECAUSE WHAT?!!!'

• Upvote 2