You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

6 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

What's a TERF? 

I find it amazing you can’t have heard of these phrases but are up on blockers and self ID.  If I was Spider-Man my senses would be tingly. 

Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist- but what it means now is anyone who doesn’t swallow the whole ideology. 

So, are trans women, women? 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

I have no issue with people with GD having treatment. Why would I?  

It would take you minutes to find evidence that there are thousands of parents happy for their kids to take blockers.  For fucks same there’s a  U.K. doctor who his about to be struck off who had to move to another country to continue prescribing them and she’s a hero of the community! https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/suspended-gp-vows-keep-prescribing-19412956

If parents don’t want to give kids puberty blockers why appeal the Keira Bell verdict?

Can you just say straw man again? 

I highly doubt it's anywhere near the levels you are suggesting.

One quack does not delegitimize those cases where the consultations are done professionally and responsibly. There will always be bad actors in any endeavour which is why you need oversight and accountability. Hence medical standards, review boards, the courts, and investigative journalism. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I find it amazing you can’t have heard of these phrases but are up on blockers and self ID.  If I was Spider-Man my senses would be tingly. 

Ha ha I seriously had to check. I can't keep up with all the acronyms! 

I worked out what TWAW was. 

4 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

One quack does not delegitimize those cases where the consultations are done professionally and responsibly. There will always be bad actors in any endeavour which is why you need oversight and accountability. Hence medical standards, review boards, the courts, and investigative journalism. 

You ‘highly doubt’ - based on what?  You seem to know nothing about this so why doubt?  

5 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

You mean like the article about the ex head of GIDS?  You are all over the place.  Can you shout ‘straw man’ again?  

so, how about TWAW? 

You ‘highly doubt’ - based on what?  You seem to know nothing about this so why doubt?  

Common sense. 

The idea that there are "thousands of parents" happy to experiment on the children's health in such a radical way, and further that they can find willing accomplices unafraid of the legal and professional sanctions for enabling such irresponsibility is the viewpoint that demands proof. 

Just now, scottthecanuck said:

Common sense. 

The idea that there are "thousands of parents" happy to experiment on the children's health in such a radical way, and further that they can find willing accomplices unafraid of the legal and professional sanctions for enabling such irresponsibility is the viewpoint that demands proof. 

Mermaids? Read about the founder thinking her son might be gay and being unable to accept that.  So making him a girl. Because you can’t understand bad things doesn’t mean they can’t happen 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You mean like the article about the ex head of GIDS?  You are all over the place.  Can you shout ‘straw man’ again?  

so, how about TWAW? 

I already answered TWAW you must have skipped past it. 

I am not all over the place, you seem to be suggesting there is some sort of crisis of "thousands of parents" transitioning their kids because it's the rage. 

I've been perfectly consistent throughout.

3 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Common sense. 

There are 4600 children on the GIDS waiting list.  

I already answered TWAW you must have skipped past it. 

I am not all over the place, you seem to be suggesting there is some sort of crisis of "thousands of parents" transitioning their kids because it's the rage. 

I've been perfectly consistent throughout.

Sorry, must have missed it.  Can you clarify here? 

Mermaids? Read about the founder thinking her son might be gay and being unable to accept that.  So making him a girl. Because you can’t understand bad things doesn’t mean they can’t happen 

I never stated bad things can't happen, I'm saying you're exaggerating this issue and implying there is some sort of crisis which there plainly is not. 

4 minutes ago, mars said:

In terms of gender identity, transwomen are women - what's the problem?

At that level it seems benign.  At the moment to get a GRC you need a diagnosis, and a couple of years living as a woman. You may say a certain level of commitment is required.   Even then there are exceptions to them being treated as, and receiving the same rights as women. Of self ID is allowed, then anyone saying the magic words is given the same rights as a woman. That’s just mental.  

26 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Well short answer as far as psychological, social, and legal frameworks go, in my opinion yes TWAW.

Found it.  So a man can be everything your mum is just by saying he is? 

Edit: women can have penis’ now too? 

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There are 4600 children on the GIDS waiting list.  

By quick search the under 18 population in the UK is in excess of 11,000,000. You're talking about a tiny fraction of the population.

Found it.  So a man can be everything your mum is just by saying he is? 

Edit: women can have penis’ now too? 

Clearly not what I stated

If its just going to be a bad faith discussion what is the point? 

3 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

By quick search the under 18 population in the UK is in excess of 11,000,000. You're talking about a tiny fraction of the population.

You said there weren’t thousands of parents.  There are. 

Because it is plain. Although it's clear that its an obsession for you. 

Hardly, just find it fascinating that an idea so ridiculous can become mainstream in a few short years and that clever and well respected people can be swallowed up in trying to be seen on the right side.  It’s incredible.