You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Confirmed: you are now transphobic if you call yourself "super straight" ie you say you attracted to the opposite sex with the exclusion of transgender people.

https://www.insider.com/super-straight-flag-meaning-tiktok-superstraight-ss-movement-origin-2021-3

I read the article and my head is still spinning.

Just now, Section_31 said:

Does any of this stuff exist outside social media though? On either side of the fence? The more you unplug from social media the more you realise nobody seems to give a fuck either way. It's like the Upside Down in Stranger Things.

Yes it does. Look at the ONS survey being changed based on stonewall advice. Men being allowed into men’s prisons.   One of the most respected posters on here (and I include myself as one of those people who respects him) believes men can turn into women.  It’s insidious.  

Inthink you are right in that most ‘normal’ people will cry bollocks when shown what all this actually means.  

It’s the most clear ‘emperor’s new clothes’ I’ve ever seen.   Just Google Alex Drummond and tell me it’s not a cult.  

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Confirmed: you are now transphobic if you call yourself "super straight" ie you say you're attracted to the opposite sex with the exclusion of transgender people.

https://www.insider.com/super-straight-flag-meaning-tiktok-superstraight-ss-movement-origin-2021-3

Is super straight even a thing people have called themselves before this week? 

It's crazy times out there. I'm glad I'm not in the public consciousness so I can sit here thinking that the world is mad without being cancelled. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Twitter should be destroyed. I dont care if there's some good journos out there or people you like to read its a japanese knotweed of iniquity. 

The less I pay attention to it the more I realise it's not representative of the human race. 

All that JK Rowling stuff for example, seemed to exist mainly in twitter.

If she'd said it on Jonathan Ross say, and then you went around 1,000 houses and knocked on the door and said "did you see that on telly? Do you give a flying fuck?" 999 would say no, slightly fewer in Chorlton.

Twitter seems to exist to give a voice to people who are largely ignored in the real world, and for good reason. A Matrix for bellends.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I think you are right in that most ‘normal’ people will cry bollocks when shown what all this actually means.

There's a bill at the moment to ban gay conversion therapy, on the not unreasonable grounds that it's harmful pseudoscience and you can't change your sexual orientation.

However, at the same time, we're expected to accept that men can become women, and vice versa, which is not logically consistent with the above. Because someone who finds themselves in (for instance) a homosexual relationship - like the woman who married Ellen Page - will suddenly find that they are heterosexual when Ellen becomes Elliot.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Confirmed: you are now transphobic if you call yourself "super straight" ie you say you're attracted to the opposite sex with the exclusion of transgender people.

Why would anyone call themselves super straight or is that another thing the "anti woke" media who are trying to divide people further have invented? 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Why would anyone call themselves super straight or is that another thing the "anti woke" media who are trying to divide people further have invented? 

You used to have a thing of blokes admiring other blokes physiques online and ending with something like "no homo"

Some bodybuilder says check out my progress and the comment would be "wow your muscles look amazing I really want to fuck you up the ass..... no homo"

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

There's a bill at the moment to ban gay conversion therapy, on the not unreasonable grounds that it's harmful pseudoscience and you can't change your sexual orientation.

However, at the same time, we're expected to accept that men can become women, and vice versa, which is not logically consistent with the above. Because someone who finds themselves in (for instance) a homosexual relationship - like the woman who married Ellen Page - will suddenly find that they are heterosexual when Ellen becomes Elliot.

That’s one element of the GRA that trans people want to change.  At the moment the awarding of a GRC can be delayed whilst the (usually) wife gets a divorce.  Because she didn’t ever want to be in a same sex marriage. Not unreasonable really.  But apparently transphobic.  

As ever live and let live but where there is a conflict of rights it’s not ‘phobic’ to say ‘hold on, that’s not fair’ 

• Upvote 1

On 22/03/2021 at 05:30, Bjornebye said:

Regardless of how it started once 4chan got their grotty little fingers into it there was zero chance that it wouldn't devolve into another one of their hate riddled shitfests, and that's exactly what had started happening before that community was shut down on reddit. And as for SD, rico & SasaS, they're this thread's the equivalent of the Daily Mail reading Brexit pensioners who you'd see ranting and raving about taking back their country on TV, spouting all the usual drivel about the country going to the dogs and how they're the only ones that can see it happening, worlds going mad, 'most people' agreeing with them etc.

I sit here with bated breath awaiting @Rico1304's hot take on the clusterfuck involving reddit and Aimee Challenor once he gets around to reading about it on one of his anti-woke/alt-right/white supremacy lite/anti-penis feminist twitter feeds he follows. I'm certain he won't end up focusing solely on which changing room the cunt at the centre of this scandal uses.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Regardless of how it started once 4chan got their grotty little fingers into it there was zero chance that it wouldn't devolve into another one of their hate riddled shitfests, and that's exactly what had started happening before that community was shut down on reddit. And as for SD, rico & SasaS, they're this thread's the equivalent of the Daily Mail reading Brexit pensioners who you'd see ranting and raving about taking back their country on TV, spouting all the usual drivel about the country going to the dogs and how they're the only ones that can see it happening, worlds going mad, 'most people' agreeing with them etc.

I sit here with bated breath awaiting @Rico1304's hot take on the clusterfuck involving reddit and Aimee Challenor once he gets around to reading about it on one of his anti-woke/alt-right/white supremacy lite/anti-penis feminist twitter feeds he follows. I'm certain he won't end up focusing solely on which changing room the cunt at the centre of this scandal uses.

What did I do?

50 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Are you suggesting that you support Aimee Challenor?

Great choice of campaign manager and boyfriend.

• Upvote 1

On 21/03/2021 at 18:34, Bobby Hundreds said:

You used to have a thing of blokes admiring other blokes physiques online and ending with something like "no homo"

Some bodybuilder says check out my progress and the comment would be "wow your muscles look amazing I really want to fuck you up the ass..... no homo"

Hahaha fucking hell. I've got no problem saying if someone looks great man, trans, woman doesn't matter to me. Its a genuine observation. I remember seeing David James at Fratton park take his top off and looking at my small but growing beer belly thinking I wish I took better care of myself like him - no homo. 

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You said you wouldn't suck lady-penis, you transphobe.

Well, you have to draw the line somewhere.

I don't feel I have particularly strong opinions on trans issues, other than that it is obviously all a Communist conspiracy to destroy Western civilization, so Herp got me confused for a minute.

31 minutes ago, redheart said:

Are you suggesting that you support Aimee Challenor?

Great choice of campaign manager and boyfriend.

She’s stunning and brave leave her alone you fucking transphobe. 

Funny that Herp gets his news from ‘good’ sources and I get the same news from bad ones.  

14 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Well, you have to draw the line somewhere.

I don't feel I have particularly strong opinions on trans issues, other than that it is obviously all a Communist conspiracy to destroy Western civilization, so Herp got me confused for a minute.

No, I don't think I have particularly strident views either.

As a liberal my focus is on individual liberties, and how we balance those liberties when they come into conflict - for instance, the liberty of transwomen prisoners to be housed in a facility that matches their chosen gender versus the liberty of natural born women prisoners to be kept safe from harm.

In an ideal world there would be no conflict, but unfortunately we need to deal with reality as it is.

Anyone who thinks there are easy answers to complex issues like these is straight up lying.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Herp McDerp said:

Anti penis feminists? Are these the feminists who Centre women in their activism? Fucking bigots.  Nothing says ‘woman’ to me more than a cock and balls. Preferably freshly waxed.  

1 hour ago, Herp McDerp said:

Can you define ‘woman’ for me?   

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

She’s stunning and brave leave her alone you fucking transphobe. 

Funny that Herp gets his news from ‘good’ sources and I get the same news from bad ones.  

He's clearly a sex offender and all round wrong un...and an ugly fat fecker on top of that!

22 minutes ago, redheart said:

He's clearly a sex offender and all round wrong un...and an ugly fat fecker on top of that!

The Greens report into her actions is pretty damning, even though they give her lots of leeway.  How she gets a job moderating for Reddit is beyond me. Well, it’s not really, saying you’re trans means normal rules don’t apply. It’s fucking mental.