You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Did you read that? You can’t have.  

(I started giving blood after my wife nearly died in childbirth. There’s nothing quite like seeing someone you love ebbing away to focus the mind. 28 donations in now. That’s very much over an armful). 

9 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I missed the bit where it says "men and women should receive blood donations from the same sex".  (Well, I didn't miss it. It isn't there. Because it isn't true. You made it up.)

My quick google, the one you scrolled past, shows this. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51065430

The nurse who told me this, whilst I was giving blood, was probably a

bigot too. 

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

My quick google, the one you scrolled past, shows this. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51065430

The nurse who told me this, whilst I was giving blood, was probably a

bigot too. 

So, yeah... it's not true to say  (as you said) that "men and women should receive blood donations from the same sex". We now have two links to confirm that. 

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So if your kid was on the table and a woman was giving blood but at the crucial point said ‘it’s ok, I’m a man now’ would you proceed? 

Emperor’s new clothes.  

What kind of Crimean field hospital is this, where the blood goes directly from donor to recipient?

The only question I would ask the doctor is "Has that blood been screened for suitability?"  I would no more ask about the sex or gender of the donor than I would ask about their ethnicity. 

(I'm a republican.  I've no idea why you're banging on about Emperors now.)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What kind of Crimean field hospital is this, where the blood goes directly from donor to recipient?

The only question I would ask the doctor is "Has that blood been screened for suitability?"  I would no more ask about the sex or gender of the donor than I would ask about their ethnicity. 

(I'm a republican.  I've no idea why you're banging on about Emperors now.)

You never get an answer. Ever

What about someone who de transitions?  Were they a man, then a woman, then back to man again?  

I get that you want the trans person to be happy, who wouldn’t? But this isn’t magic, they don’t become the sex they chose. 

The bloke who won business woman of the year, he spends half the year as a man. When he’s a man, what happens to him when he decides to flip into a woman? Is it absolutely nothing other than putting on makeup and a dress. 

If the article below is still correct, studies on whether you should receive a blood transfusion from the same genetic sex are inconclusive and conflicted. It may turn out to be true, it may not. A quick google made me an expert:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/blood-boundaries-should-transfusions-be-matched-by-sex/

Let's say it is true: would the transfusion service not label blood from a trans woman as...blood from a trans woman? And wouldn't a hospital never transfer blood from a trans woman to a pregnant woman if this had been shown to be less beneficial? Unless it was a large scale emergency and then I doubt the doctors would care about who donated the blood. What's the problem here?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mars said:

If the article below is still correct, studies on whether you should receive a blood transfusion from the same genetic sex are inconclusive and conflicted. It may turn out to be true, it may not. A quick google made me an expert:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/blood-boundaries-should-transfusions-be-matched-by-sex/

Let's say it is true: would the transfusion service not label blood from a trans woman as...blood from a trans woman? And wouldn't a hospital never transfer blood from a trans woman to a pregnant woman if this had been shown to be less beneficial? Unless it was a large scale emergency and then I doubt the doctors would care about who donated the blood. What's the problem here?

But if TWAW, how would they know?  There’d be no requirement to tell anyone. 

Unless you believe TWAW (which is demonstrably fucking nonsense) the whole thing falls apart.  It’s very much like a religion, with dogma and miracles. 

I've got no problem with people saying trans women are women if they've had the procedures needed and some kind of medical definition has been passed, what I do have a problem with are some big sweaty Brian Blessed lookalike taking a shit in women's bogs, blokes being sent to women's prisons just because they say so, or people going full flat Earth and saying there's so such thing as sex anyway. Between that shite and the Trump/Brexit types and fake news, it's like there's a worldwide conspiracy to make us all nuts.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

But if TWAW, how would they know?  There’d be no requirement to tell anyone. 

Unless you believe TWAW (which is demonstrably fucking nonsense) the whole thing falls apart.  It’s very much like a religion, with dogma and miracles. 

When you're using the acronym TWAW, you're obviously spending too much time obsessing about this.

15 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

No. If you ask preposterous hypotheticals with no bearing on reality, as a way to deflect from the fact that you've just made a demonstrably false claim, then I won't play along. Ever.

You silly, silly person.

Never, ever get an answer.  That’s because saying ‘no’ means you’re a bigot, saying ‘yes’ shows it’s a fucking mental argument. Loads of swimming pools and gyms have communal changing rooms. You know this. Are you happy that a man shares those communal spaces with teenage girls?  That’s not a ‘preposterous hypothetical’. It’s a dead easy question. 

37 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Never, ever get an answer.  That’s because saying ‘no’ means you’re a bigot, saying ‘yes’ shows it’s a fucking mental argument. Loads of swimming pools and gyms have communal changing rooms. You know this. Are you happy that a man shares those communal spaces with teenage girls?  That’s not a ‘preposterous hypothetical’. It’s a dead easy question. 

It's not a "dead easy question" because we're speaking different languages.  In your language, the word "man" includes trans women; in my language, the word "man" means "man".

No. I wouldn't be happy for a man to use a women's changing room.

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's not a "dead easy question" because we're speaking different languages.  In your language, the word "man" includes trans women; in my language, the word "man" means "man".

No. I wouldn't be happy for a man to use a women's changing room.

So we have to believe words don’t mean what they mean anymore?  See, it’s just like a religion.  A woman can be a man, with a dick, because he’s says he is and if you don’t believe it too you’re a bigot.