You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

17 minutes ago, mars said:

"I think this wasn't supposed to happen" - care to expand on that thought?

Sorry, bit ambiguous. That women who were raped wouldn’t have to call their rapist she/her. Seems the feelings of the rapist trump everything here.  And this rapist doesn’t have a GRC, so no legal right.  Under self ID they’d go to a women’s prison. To protect their feelings. 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Sorry, bit ambiguous. That women who were raped wouldn’t have to call their rapist she/her. Seems the feelings of the rapist trump everything here.  And this rapist doesn’t have a GRC, so no legal right.  Under self ID they’d go to a women’s prison. To protect their feelings. 

Are you sure that they would go to a women's prison under self ID? Having committed rape and being identified as "having a clear propensity for violence". Mistakes have been made in the past so I'd assume sentencing procedures would have improved - that each case would be treated on an individual basis.

Sadly this is not the first time a rape victim has has to call their rapist she/her - there was a horrific case many years ago where several girls raped another girl with a bottle in school toilets.

39 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Feelings of people's chosen gender identity trump everything else.

9 hours ago, mars said:

Are you sure that they would go to a women's prison under self ID? Having committed rape and being identified as "having a clear propensity for violence". Mistakes have been made in the past so I'd assume sentencing procedures would have improved - that each case would be treated on an individual basis.

Sadly this is not the first time a rape victim has has to call their rapist she/her - there was a horrific case many years ago where several girls raped another girl with a bottle in school toilets.

Yes.  If self-ID is introduced then your word is enough.   You say it, you are it.  

That’s not rape. In the U.K. only a man can rape as only a man has a penis.  So in this case the court would have heard about ‘her penis’. If the victim took the stand she would have had to refer to ‘her penis’. So that the feelings of the rapist weren’t hurt.  This is where it all falls apart. It’s all well and good trotting out the ‘stunning and brave’ lines, but in practice it has very difficult consequences. 

Back in the real world, that rapist got found guilty of rape, is going to a male prison as is the norm for people with penises, and the victim didn’t - contrary to Rico’s claim - have to call her rapist a woman. Self-ID is unlikely to get minister’s approval, and remains the go-to scaremongering tool of bigots trying to trump up Transphobia. It’s a bizarre obsession for middle aged white men to have. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

BBC are reporting an 84% increase in child sexual abuse by women between 2015 and 2019.  I wonder what could have led to that?  

Just to check, is the implication that men are more often the abusers, and then these men changing identities has skewed the "women" figures?

If that was true, it doesn't result in more kids being abused. It would just skew the statistics gender wise?

Or am I missing something else you're implying?

3 hours ago, Numero said:

Back in the real world, that rapist got found guilty of rape, is going to a male prison as is the norm for people with penises, and the victim didn’t - contrary to Rico’s claim - have to call her rapist a woman. Self-ID is unlikely to get minister’s approval, and remains the go-to scaremongering tool of bigots trying to trump up Transphobia. It’s a bizarre obsession for middle aged white men to have. 

Racist.

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Just to check, is the implication that men are more often the abusers, and then these men changing identities has skewed the "women" figures?

If that was true, it doesn't result in more kids being abused. It would just skew the statistics gender wise?

Or am I missing something else you're implying?

That’s correct.  The figures are being skewed as an offenders sex is recorded as the one they identify as, rather than they actually are. 

16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Is he still shouting to the void? The answer above applies. 

It's not a void just because you're not in it, you egotistical weirdo. Still, if it makes you feel superior you can feel free to repeat your 'I've got him on ignore, so I must be better than him' mantra, you obsessed bigot. I don't suppose you have any actual evidence for any of this?