You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m sure the first lesbian he picks up who sees his cock will think exactly the same thing.  

Great. That's a really normal thing to think. Hey, maybe you should write to Eddie and share your not at all weird thoughts about penises and stuff? It could go something like this:

Dear Eddie,

I read an article today in which I learnt that you are now identifying as a woman, and have adopted the pronouns 'her' and 'she'.

My first thought upon seeing this was, of course, your penis, and frankly I've been unable to get it out my head since. I also noticed you're not taking hormones! Don't you know that's against the rules?!

Lastly, I'm quite concerned about the reaction hypothetical lesbians might have upon meeting you. Have you considered this at all, Eddie? I really think you should.

Anyway, hope to hear back from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

A very normal middle-aged man.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Great. That's a really normal thing to think. Hey, maybe you should write to Eddie and share your not at all weird thoughts about penises and stuff? It could go something like this:

Dear Eddie,

I read an article today in which I learnt that you are now identifying as a woman, and have adopted the pronouns 'her' and 'she'.

My first thought upon seeing this was, of course, your penis, and frankly I've been unable to get it out my head since. I also noticed you're not taking hormones! Don't you know that's against the rules?!

Lastly, I'm quite concerned about the reaction hypothetical lesbians might have upon meeting you. Have you thought about that at all, Eddie? I really think you should.

Yours sincerely,

Ha

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Well it isn't normal, in the mathematical sense of the word, so weird, yea. Just because its weird and not black and white doesn't mean you get to dismiss their opinions, thoughts, experiences, feelings as invalid. Just accept there are plenty of things you don't understand.

Again, I don't agree that everything that comes from the trans community is perfectly reasonable or understandable. But pick a more ridiculous target than Eddie ffs. She wants to be called she now, and I'm happy to do that (when I remember). She's also done a fuck tonne of good in the world and "came out" as something without even much of a name, and definitely nothing approaching acceptance. Try and put yourself in Eddies shoes. Why would a human do that, unless they felt a certain way inside? its easy for most of us as we feel like we fit in fairly well accepted boxes. We have differences but most of them don't result in us being abused in the street or online, rejected by friends and family. I don't understand what Eddie feels, but I don't need to, in order to not laugh or sneer at her.

So your point is that Eddie is a good person so should be able to do what she pleases?  But not everyone is as nice as Eddie and how do you know which is which?  

3 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Dear Eddie,

Lastly, I'm quite concerned about the reaction hypothetical lesbians might have upon meeting you. Have you considered this at all, Eddie? I really think you should.

Yours sincerely,

I don’t think you can say ‘identify’ - remember ‘TWAW’. Funny though, I’ll give you that.  

I mean, woman have always had penis’ anyone who says they haven’t it clearly a bigot.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

So your point is that Eddie is a good person so should be able to do what she pleases?  But not everyone is as nice as Eddie and how do you know which is which?  

Yes, exactly.

No, I guess my point is that I'm surprised you can't even try a little bit to comprehend when the person is clearly a good person, been around for ages being open about their differences way before it was accepted and when it was a huge risk to their career. They aren't some ridiculous character deserving of mocking just because you're small minded. 

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Yes, exactly.

No, I guess my point is that I'm surprised you can't even try a little bit to comprehend when the person is clearly a good person, been around for ages being open about their differences way before it was accepted and when it was a huge risk to their career. They aren't some ridiculous character deserving of mocking just because you're small minded. 

Have you been on the GF long?  Pls don’t look at the Maddie thread as the jokes in their are going to give you nightmares.   

I mean, all I did was say Eddie Izzard isn’t a lesbian.  

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Is that what your obsessive sneering is supposed to be? Funny?

Everyone is a critic.  Pop me on ignore and you’ll be spared.  

For the record I think it’s mental that wearing a dress is all you need to be declared a lesbian. 

I think Eddie is free to call him/herself whatever he/she feels will benefit his/her career.... errr....I mean whatever he/she identifies with at the time. No problem at all.

Commit a crime and the lack of prisons catering for that mindset means he/she goes to a mens prison.

13 minutes ago, skend04 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/education-55369784

With the way everyone goes on about it here's me thinking that all a kid has to say is they're not in the right body and you start getting pills like sweets from a shop. It doesn't appear to be that easy or these kids aren't doing it right. 

Did you read that article?  The decision on kids access to PB was taken this month, by 3 senior judges.  So before that, it was easier.  The courts asked GIDS to provide the evidence that the treatment worked - they wouldn’t. It’s experimental. 

The article also references GenderGP. That’s an organisation set up by a GP who was struck off in the U.K. for prescribing drugs illegally and then fled to Thailand. 

so, you’re taking bollocks. 

47 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think Eddie is free to call him/herself whatever he/she feels will benefit his/her career.... errr....I mean whatever he/she identifies with at the time. No problem at all.

Commit a crime and the lack of prisons catering for that mindset means he/she goes to a mens prison.

Totally agree. Call yourself whatever you want - but it doesn’t mean you actually are what you say you are. Words aren’t magic. 

There’s a bloke in the US serving 34 yrs for raping his daughter.  He’s won the right for gender surgery after which he’ll move to a woman’s prison. Obviously he only asked for breast and plastic surgery first, but when that was refused said he’d go the whole hog.  Once his cock is off he’ll move. Stunning and brave? 

18 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Did you read that article?  The decision on kids access to PB was taken this month, by 3 senior judges.  So before that, it was easier.  The courts asked GIDS to provide the evidence that the treatment worked - they wouldn’t. It’s experimental. 

The article also references GenderGP. That’s an organisation set up by a GP who was struck off in the U.K. for prescribing drugs illegally and then fled to Thailand. 

so, you’re taking bollocks. 

The advice on PBs has also quietly changed too. No longer wholly reversible as they were described for years.  Allowing children to make a decision that makes them infertile, when over 80% of kids grow out of GD was deemed wrong.