You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

41 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Still has his cock

No details of any hormone treatment 

A ‘lesbian’

‘Feels’ like woman 

Stunning and brave

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Still has his cock

No details of any hormone treatment

A ‘lesbian’ 

‘Feels’ like woman 

Stunning and brave

Not really sure what you gimpy sneering little checklist is supposed to prove. Eddie Izzard is one of the better humans on the planet and has been open about feeling different regarding gender for years, way before any of this movement towards acceptance, when it was actually quite brave, despite your tone. It's not like anyone here (either Eddie or the trans community) is asking for anything ridiculous for her. Maybe just don't be a cunt for once?

• Upvote 1

The first thing that crossed my mind when reading that story was the person's genitalia, swiftly followed by what medication they were on (if they were on hormones it would somehow be more acceptable, or something). Which is obviously a very normal response to have.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Not really sure what you gimpy sneering little checklist is supposed to prove. Eddie Izzard is one of the better humans on the planet and has been open about feeling different regarding gender for years, way before any of this movement towards acceptance, when it was actually quite brave, despite your tone. It's not like anyone here (either Eddie or the trans community) is asking for anything ridiculous for him. Maybe just don't be a cunt for once?

"Him"? Transphobic.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Duff Man said:

The first thing that crossed my mind when reading that story was the person's genitalia, swiftly followed by what medication they were on (if they were on hormones it would somehow be more acceptable, or something). Very normal.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Not really sure what you gimpy sneering little checklist is supposed to prove. Eddie Izzard is one of the better humans on the planet and has been open about feeling different regarding gender for years, way before any of this movement towards acceptance, when it was actually quite brave, despite your tone. It's not like anyone here (either Eddie or the trans community) is asking for anything ridiculous for him. Maybe just don't be a cunt for once?

Forgive me for talking about his transgenderism in the transgender thread. 

Eddie has previously said he has boy and girl ‘modes’ and has now decided he IS a girl. Forgive me if I find that a bit weird as his commitment to the cause seems to be wearing a dress and lipstick. He’s isn’t a ‘girl’ he definitely isn’t a fucking lesbian. 

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

The first thing that crossed my mind when reading that story was the person's genitalia, swiftly followed by what medication they were on (if they were on hormones it would somehow be more acceptable, or something). Very normal.

Do you think a woman is anyone who says they are a woman?  I think that’s fucking mental. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Eddie has previously said he has boy and girl ‘modes’ and has now decided he IS a girl. Forgive me if I find that a bit weird as his commitment to the cause seems to be wearing a dress and lipstick. He’s isn’t a ‘girl’ he definitely isn’t a fucking lesbian. 

But his heterosexual female partners now are. Or at least they can now say they are bi.

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Well it isn't normal, in the mathematical sense of the word, so weird, yea. Just because its weird and not black and white doesn't mean you get to dismiss their opinions, thoughts, experiences, feelings as invalid. Just accept there are plenty of things you don't understand.

Again, I don't agree that everything that comes from the trans community is perfectly reasonable or understandable. But pick a more ridiculous target than Eddie ffs. She wants to be called she now, and I'm happy to do that (when I remember). She's also done a fuck tonne of good in the world and "came out" as something without even much of a name, and definitely nothing approaching acceptance. Try and put yourself in Eddies shoes. Why would a human do that, unless they felt a certain way inside? its easy for most of us as we feel like we fit in fairly well accepted boxes. We have differences but most of them don't result in us being abused in the street or online, rejected by friends and family. I don't understand what Eddie feels, but I don't need to, in order to not laugh or sneer at her.