You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

Its not just about men pretending to be women. Its the following

1:The number of men who claim to be women because they apparently feel like one.

2:The impact that this has on women's rights

3:The impact that this has on all women's spaces.

4:The impact that this has on the concept of a woman. Thus the tendency to write about those who menstruate rather than use the word woman. This is not done to men.

5:Despite the fact that statistically there would appear to be many more F2M trans than M2F if you look at all social media and public debate it would all seem to be about M2F trans and women must accommodate this small group regardless of the impact upon women,

5:It is about feminist scholars being physically threatened and abused by a bunch of men (who feel like women) when giving papers are various universities.

6:It is about trying to close down any debate or discussion with cries of transphobia because someone said something that a transactivist doesnt like

7:it is about protecting underage children from being rushed into surgical intervention, or puberty blockers and hormone treatments which can lead to life changing activities at the age of 14 or so.

8:It is about debunking cranks like mermaids and their garbage which is being given unfettered access to children and schools.

It is about this and so much more and not just a few pervs pretending to be women

• Upvote 1

Just now, redheart said:

1:The number of men who claim to be women because they apparently feel like one.

4:The impact that this has on the concept of a woman. Thus the tendency to write about those who menstruate rather than use the word woman. This is not done to men.

5:Despite the fact that statistically there would appear to be many more F2M trans than M2F if you look at all social media and public debate it would all seem to be about M2F trans and women must accommodate this small group regardless of the impact upon women,

5:It is about feminist scholars being physically threatened and abused by a bunch of men (who feel like women) when giving papers are various universities.

6:It is about trying to close down any debate or discussion with cries of transphobia because someone said something that a transactivist doesnt like

7:it is about protecting underage children from being rushed into surgical intervention, or puberty blockers and hormone treatments which can lead to life changing activities at the age of 14 or so.

8:It is about debunking cranks like mermaids and their garbage which is being given unfettered access to children and schools.

It is about this and so much more and not just a few pervs pretending to be women

No, the issue is about so much more. Some of the posts made here demonstrably are not. 

On 11/06/2020 at 15:39, Bjornebye said:

Yeah if I ever get sent to jail for anything I'm going to say I want to be a woman and get a move to a womans prison. 

If they ask me why I want to be one then I'll say I want to have babies. Why not eh 

On 11/06/2020 at 15:46, Rico1304 said:

You’ll be top dog in days. 

Who's the Mummy ?

I'm gonna put this topic in the shit for other people to worry about section of my life. Keep fighting the good fight for equality but I've just read a story of kids bricking a family of swans and now only the male is alive swimming around on his own because swans mate for life. I'm annoyed on a daily.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm gonna put this topic in the shit for other people to worry about section of my life. Keep fighting the good fight for equality but I've just read a story of kids bricking a family of swans and now only the male is alive swimming around on his own because swans mate for life. I'm annoyed on a daily.

Transwan or nah? Need to know if I’m outraged or not. 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

This does show a certain level of commitment, unlike say someone who is a bloke with a  penis, testicles and beard claiming to be lesbian.  Not to see that point, or ignore it doesn’t exist is absolutely fucking stupid.  But there you go.  

That’s a lot of boring waffle, to answer a “would you?” question.

2 hours ago, redheart said:

The thing about people "who menstruate", isn't that more about being sensitive to F2M who might still be menstruating, rather than being offensive to M2F? And if so isn't that a good thing?

10 minutes ago, Moo said:

The thing about people "who menstruate", isn't that more about being sensitive to F2M who might still be menstruating, rather than being offensive to M2F? And if so isn't that a good thing?

Some M2F claim they have periods, period pains, etc. Very few people, but like everything, those who have an issue with trans people jump on it and run with it. Same with the ‘female penis’ thing, though that’s a little more common to hear. 

26 minutes ago, Numero said:

Some M2F claim they have periods, period pains, etc. Very few people, but like everything, those who have an issue with trans people jump on it and run with it. Same with the ‘female penis’ thing, though that’s a little more common to hear. 

Of course they do. But I'm not sure if the reference to people who menstruate is for their benefit or for the benefit of F2M, it certainly seems to fit the latter more but who knows.

And people who have an issue with trans, it's notable that perhaps some lesbians seem to have fallen into this camp. However prior to all this I've never met a lesbian who had an issue with trans, quite the opposite, but now they feel under threat in some way.  Why is that? It's not for nothing. Should those concerns be dismissed and delegitimised? 

And is this a Twitter war or is this happening in the real world?  

I hate Twitter.

Also the approach taken by Stonewall etc legitimises Gay Conversion therapy.

How? Simples.

Their approach is that it is transphobic for a lesbian not to see a M2F trans as a legitimate sexual partner. If a man states that they are a woman then they should be seen as such and lesbians should see them as a legitimate sexual partner despite having a penis and looking like a man (with all male characteristics). Naturally some lesbians see this as wrong and that sexual organs are part of the sexual attraction (i.e. they like vaginas and not cocks). The response from Stonewall is that they are fetishizing penises and that the penis is a ladycock if the owner of it self identifies as female and the lesbian is transphobic and if they do not accept this as a valid sexual partner. They call it the cotton ceiling.

What they are essentially saying is that lesbians can condition themselves to liking cock and not vagina. For years Stonewall and other LGBTQ organisations fought for the idea that sexuality is innate and was a product of nature and not nurture. Thus people were born gay and hence being gay was natural (of nature). That was sexual orientation (not preference) was declared a protected characteristic.

Now because few men want to declare themselves female and/or female lesbians then Stonewall etc face the bizarre situation of stating that sexual attraction is not based upon physicality (including sexual organs) but is based upon gender ie how people identify or feel inside. Thus a lesbian should get over the physical appearance of a M2F man and overcome hangups and learn to love cock and that this can be achieved. If they shed the trappings of society lesbians can learn to enjoy a ladycock. Also a gay male can learn to love a manvagina.

That being the case then the logical conclusion is that those gay conversion therapy camps are valid and effective. Why? Gay men can be taught to love vaginas and gay women can be taught to love cock.

Stonewall etc are really getting themselves into a real mess for the benefit of a few self-entitled men who want to steamroller over all womens rights

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moo said:

They dont do the same thing when talking about men and prostrate cancer though do they?

They don't say those with a prostrate...they say men....why?

49 minutes ago, redheart said:

They dont do the same thing when talking about men and prostrate cancer though do they?

They don't say those with a prostrate...they say men....why?

I don't known what they say in relation to prostate cancer, and I've never heard them say about people who menstruate, I've only read about it on the internet.  Though I think some sanitary brands may have started to de-womanise their products??

What do they say about ovarian cancer?

I don't even know who they are but I understand your point and understand some concerns.

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

He's just being a snide, intimating you don't know the difference between prostate and prostrate.

I wouldn't take that lying down.

Yeah i'd give him the middle finger for that

• Upvote 1