You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Do yourself a favour:

Madvillain - Madvillainy

OutKast - Aquemini

A Tribe Called Quest - Beats, Rhythms & Life

Kendrick Lamar - Damn

Common - Like Water for Chocolate

I think you are mixing up the threads. There’s already a music thread. Thanks 

10 hours ago, aRdja said:

You have a point here... I do cringe whenever I hear Eminem on the radio or if some noobs play his songs on Spotify at a house party. “Stick to boring indie or post-grunge bud”.

I know what you mean, when I hear of Indian women wearing mini skirts or white country dwelling blokes wearing something other than dungarees, it boils my piss. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

I know what you mean, when I hear of Indian women wearing mini skirts or white country dwelling blokes wearing something other than dungarees, it boils my piss. 

People should just stay in their lanes. 

although if his brother dressed like one of the women in the hot Jews thread no wonder he’d get funny looks. That’s what he means right? Right? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

although if his brother dressed like one of the women in the hot Jews thread no wonder he’d get funny looks. That’s what he means right? Right? 

Good post. When you put it in this context, I can now kind of see how seeing transgender people upsets you.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Can anyone tell me what JK Rowling said that was so wrong? (regarding trans people that is before someone quotes Potter) 

Precisely nothing. She objected to the term "people who menstruate" and prefers the term women.

• Upvote 1

Just now, redheart said:

Precisely nothing. She objected to the term "people who menstruate" and prefers the term women.

What has Megan Rapinoe said about it all? Surely she has weighed in with something about oppression and not enough lesbians and trans in the books? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Can anyone tell me what JK Rowling said that was so wrong? (regarding trans people that is before someone quotes Potter) 

Turns out that when you kick off about a simple turn of phrase with a complete non-sequitur about a marginalised group (when you clearly haven't read the actual article), some people might think you're a bigot.

38 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He wont get it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Turns out that when you kick off about a simple turn of phrase with a complete non-sequitur about a marginalised group (when you clearly haven't read the actual article), some people might think you're a bigot.

Turns out when you threaten to rape a woman with your "ladycock"  you are a female warrior fighting for women everywhere

I might be wrong here but Intersex people can menstruate. Many of them don't identify as male or female. Many who think they are male end up having periods when they hit puberty and vice versa where those who believe they are female don't. Where do they fit into this trolling, sorry I mean discussion.?

Apologies if I've dragged anyone with tits and a penis into this.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I might be wrong here but Intersex people can menstruate. Many of them don't identify as male or female. Many who think they are male end up having periods when they hit puberty and vice versa where those who believe they are female don't. Where do they fit into this trolling, sorry I mean discussion.?

Grinch is menstruating as we speak 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, skend04 said:

You're quite right. They fit in the original article, which directly addressed them in terms of providing equality for them and women post-COVID. Much to the chagrin of Rowling.

26 minutes ago, skend04 said:

They fit into the "Nothing to do with Transgenderism" box.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

They fit into the "Nothing to do with Transgenderism" box.

Would be pretty weird to turn an article that relates, in part, to them into a debate about transgenderism then, wouldn't it? 

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Intersex people REALLY don’t like being brought into this argument.