You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

On 19/05/2020 at 11:59, Rico1304 said:

There’s one in Manchester, it’s next to a photocopier place called ‘Out of this World Printing’.  

I always thought Xerox sounded like the name of an alien planet.

17 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

How many homosexuals are subject to violent attacks, just for being homosexual, in Muslim countries in any given year?  

Given there are 1.3bn Muslims in the world. Do you think Muslims are more discriminated against or homosexuals? 

What a weird post.

You brought up Scientologists as a counterpoint to Muslims.  Presumably  (I have to presume, because you rarely post things clearly and unequivocally - got to leave some wriggle room, see) your point was that those of us who decry anti-Muslim racism are hypocrites, because we don't leap to the defence of the Scientologists.  The real reason nobody leaps to their defence is that they don't need defending; I don't think I've heard of a single instance of a Scientologist being violently attacked for their religious beliefs. 

Gay and trans people are subject to violence and oppression throughout the world (not just in Muslim countries, obviously). There isn't a hierarchy of oppression; a league table in which oppressed religious minorities compete against people oppressed for their sexuality or gender identity. Your question is thoroughly wrong-headed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I always thought Xerox sounded like the name of an alien planet.

In business news, Xerox have announced a merger with Wurlitzer. The new company will make reproductive organs.

Two Ronnies, 1976

• Like 1

The transgender 'debate' is just an outrage circle jerk from what I can tell, various factions of people who've previously been outraged are repeatedly outraged by someone not being as outraged as them, most of it for attention on clickbait articles or social media from talentless people who've somehow turned it all into some kind of paging gig. Seems also to be tied in with how liberal and intelligent you are too, I.e the more outraged the more clever/articulate/cultured you must be.

The 'debate' has gone from:

Some people want to change sex, it's been a big source of anxiety to them, it's their body and they're not doing anyone any harm by doing so. Which I completely agree with. 

To

"Erm well there's no such thing as sex/there are more than two sexes anyway, there's a frog in the Amazon with four cocks." Which is flat Earth shit. 

There are also different facets of the argument which need to be debated separately too. If I had a young daughter who wanted desperately to be a boy, when she was old enough I'd support her if she wanted to change sex. But if said young daughter was in the bog and some big sweaty male biker went in there too because he's decided to be a woman for the day he can get fucked.

As I say, do what you want if it's your own body, but don't try and Winston Smith basic biology and call yourself Malcolm X, it does everyone a disservice, especially those you're claiming to try and help.

• Upvote 5

People can do what the fuck they like. Be gay, trans whatever you want. But if you've got a cock between your legs don't tell me you're a female. 

This gender neutral stuff, its messing with reality. Whats so offensive about being either or? You were born with a willy but don't want to be called a man? Ok well now I'm offended that you think there is something wrong with being male.  

I'll never forget watching two trans fellas rip the piss out of my mate in a bar in Manchester. he tried to crack a joke with them and I just sunk into my pint knowing full well what was coming. They were funny as fuck. He kept looking at me for help... Not a chance. Superb blokes, we needed up drinking with them for a bit. 

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

People can do what the fuck they like. Be gay, trans whatever you want. But if you've got a cock between your legs don't tell me you're a female. 

Well which one is it, your first assertion or your second?

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This gender neutral stuff, its messing with reality. Whats so offensive about being either or? You were born with a willy but don't want to be called a man? Ok well now I'm offended that you think there is something wrong with being male.  

Being transgender isn't about hating men it's about finding your identity. It turns out that your identity has slightly more nuance to it than what's swinging between your legs.

Imagine you were born a R*ngers fan and people told you that that's what you are and just accept it!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

Imagine you were born a R*ngers fan and people told you that that's what you are and just accept it!

Just imagine it stig! 

Oh give me a home
Where there's no Pope of Rome
Where there's nothing but Protestants stay
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word
And flute bands play The Sash every day

No, no Pope of Rome
No chapels to sadden my eyes
No nuns and no priests
No Rosary beads
Every day is the 12th of July

4 hours ago, Remmie said:

Being transgender isn't about hating men it's about finding your identity. It turns out that your identity has slightly more nuance to it than what's swinging between your legs.

Oh fuck off. One is a social construct (like gender) and one is physical reality (sex)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I find it a bit weird that I need to explain this but the R*ngers line was a joke

In the context of this thread, it's difficult to figure out what is a joke & what isn't.

21 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The transgender 'debate' is just an outrage circle jerk from what I can tell, various factions of people who've previously been outraged are repeatedly outraged by someone not being as outraged as them, most of it for attention on clickbait articles or social media from talentless people who've somehow turned it all into some kind of paging gig. Seems also to be tied in with how liberal and intelligent you are too, I.e the more outraged the more clever/articulate/cultured you must be.

The 'debate' has gone from:

Some people want to change sex, it's been a big source of anxiety to them, it's their body and they're not doing anyone any harm by doing so. Which I completely agree with. 

To

"Erm well there's no such thing as sex/there are more than two sexes anyway, there's a frog in the Amazon with four cocks." Which is flat Earth shit. 

There are also different facets of the argument which need to be debated separately too. If I had a young daughter who wanted desperately to be a boy, when she was old enough I'd support her if she wanted to change sex. But if said young daughter was in the bog and some big sweaty male biker went in there too because he's decided to be a woman for the day he can get fucked.

As I say, do what you want if it's your own body, but don't try and Winston Smith basic biology and call yourself Malcolm X, it does everyone a disservice, especially those you're claiming to try and help.

In fairness on the other side of the coin you have right wing twats like Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro and that Paul Watson guy who seem to get so upset by the fact that trans people exist.

22 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Real world impacts of believing in sex is immutable, that also impact on everyone else. 

It's a terrible dilemma. If we insist that trans women are women, we run the risk of having some professor getting "deplatformed" by a seminar.

On the other hand, if we persist with a traditional, binary worldview, we continue with the situation which has led 48% of British trans people to attempt suicide at least once.

Real world impacts either way. I suppose we need to consider which ones we're more willing to tolerate.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's a terrible dilemma. If we insist that trans women are women, we run the risk of having some professor getting "deplatformed" by a seminar.

On the other hand, if we persist with a traditional, binary worldview, we continue with the situation which has led 48% of British trans people to attempt suicide at least once.

Real world impacts either way. I suppose we need to consider which ones we're more willing to tolerate.

Oh do fuck off. You either want real data or not, and you deliberately ignored that. 

Traditional = in this case means fucking science.

And people with mental health issues need help. Who’s arguing against that? 

22 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

How is the suicide rate measured and by whom?

Please dont say some quack shit like Mermaids.

There was a programme recently with Anna Friel (butterfly) and the makes approached GIDS for data on teenager suicide and transgender. They stated that it pretty much did not exist. This did not suit the makers so they went to quack bullshit artists "Mermaids" who made up some nonsense of lots of teen suicides so the programme could be overly sensational about it being better to have a living daughter than a dead son

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh do fuck off. You either want real data or not, and you deliberately ignored that. 

Traditional = in this case means fucking science.

And people with mental health issues need help. Who’s arguing against that? 

Typical fucking Tory, pretending to be "following the science" in order to back up your own preferences and biases.  (What data have I deliberately ignored?)

The scientific consensus - when you read more than one scientist - is that biological sex is more complicated than the dangerously simplistic binary bullshit.

If you want to help people with mental health problems, it's a good idea to understand and address the causes of those problems.

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I just love that Remmie put the asterix in r*ngers. Says a lot about the man. A lot of good. 

A Red however..... 

One of the remaining few that take *f on the GF seriously these days