You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

7 hours ago, Pidge said:

Excuse me?

edit: read into this now, a lot of people claiming she was still playing for the men's side (which I can't find any evidence of) and that she's undertaken no medical steps towards a transition (which I haven't any idea how they'd know).  Very little to justify Katie Hopkins, or anyone else, to misgender her because they don't like transgender women in women's sport.

Maybe she admits that she's taken no steps towards transition?  If that's the case, is that fair?

The likes of Katie Hopkins hate speech is a seperate issue.  I'd be more inclined to wonder what Martina Navratilova has to say and though I'm sure she's not always perfectly right in everything she says I find she's a good place to start. 

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Maybe she admits that she's taken no steps towards transition?  If that's the case, is that fair?

The likes of Katie Hopkins hate speech is a seperate issue.  I'd be more inclined to wonder what Martina Navratilova has to say and though I'm sure she's not always perfectly right in everything she says I find she's a good place to start. 

She doesnt like cricket,she loves it.

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Where though?  There weren't any citations in anything I saw.  Regardless of your views on trans involvement in women's sport (something I'm broadly not in favour of), outright calling her a man without clear reason smacks of bigotry.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Where though?  There weren't any citations in anything I saw.  Regardless of your views on trans involvement in women's sport (something I'm broadly not in favour of), outright calling her a man without clear reason smacks of bigotry.

I agree with your last point.

Regarding if she's started transitioning, or perhaps not in this case, I'm inclined to think people wouldn't have made that accusation if it wasn't true - and of course she doesn't have to have said it publically for it to be true.  These same people may be wrongly jumping to conclusions however the sports governing body should be clarifying. 

There are two court cases concerning this topic this week, 1 will decide if having the belief that men can’t become women and vice versa is a valid and protected view (so basically biology) and another on whether joking about trans people is hate speech, actionable by police and therefore can appear on DBS searches.  That’s not joking about a person, but the subject.  

last week in the US a state ( can’t remember which) decided that ignoring science in school can’t be penalised in tests if the incorrect view is based on religious belief. So, is the world 7k years old or 3.5 billion?  Both.  

51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I just saw it on twitter. 

I think it was 300, in the US. But it doesn’t break down those who were killed by people who knew they were trans.  So, partners killing their girlfriends, trans friend killing other trans friend.  Although I believe they were all killed by men.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

I think it was 300, in the US. But it doesn’t break down those who were killed by people who knew they were trans.  So, partners killing their girlfriends, trans friend killing other trans friend.  Although I believe they were all killed by men.  

Oh is it a murder thing? I thought it was just those who had died. 

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Trans people are over-represented as murder victims, although once you factor in profession, the murder rate is pretty much equal with women in general. This is because the rate of sex work among trans people is high, and violence against sex workers in general is high.

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I don't really follow all this shite too closely as it doesn't really bother me that much, either way. 

But, is it true that that Graham Linehan set up his own private, invite only internet forum where he and other TERF types can obsess over trans folks? 

That's a bit fucking weird, if accurate. 

I think it’s because Twitter has banned a lot of women’s rights advocates for the same stuff JKR is saying. Be interesting to see if they ban her.  I think not.  

Was just about to post the same as Moof. I follow a guy that put out Fuck Turfs a week ago and he's been getting shit since. He doesn't give a shit but they've been trying to cause him shit since. I don't have a fucking clue about all these acronyms etc to be honest. 

But she's backing up a woman who's being a cunt so yeah she wrong and being a twat here. Pretty easy to look at the statement and think what's going on, but look at the story behind it. 

Just refer to people how they won't you cunts. They're just hiding being a feminist to spout anti trans shit. 

Look at her other comment

Ms Forstater had argued that "framing the question of transgender inclusion as an argument that male people should be allowed into women's spaces discounts women's rights to privacy and is fundamentally illiberal (it is like forcing Jewish people to eat pork)".

Also this woman was not sacked, they decided not to renew her contract

32 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Was just about to post the same as Moof. I follow a guy that put out Fuck Turfs a week ago and he's been getting shit since. He doesn't give a shit but they've been trying to cause him shit since. I don't have a fucking clue about all these acronyms etc to be honest. 

But she's backing up a woman who's being a cunt so yeah she wrong and being a twat here. Pretty easy to look at the statement and think what's going on, but look at the story behind it. 

Just refer to people how they won't you cunts. They're just hiding being a feminist to spout anti trans shit. 

Look at her other comment

Ms Forstater had argued that "framing the question of transgender inclusion as an argument that male people should be allowed into women's spaces discounts women's rights to privacy and is fundamentally illiberal (it is like forcing Jewish people to eat pork)".

Also this woman was not sacked, they decided not to renew her contract

Well. Glad that’s all sorted then.