You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

"May be too small". What's that based on, because there are plenty of examples of trans athletes competing today and achieving average results. As ever, the whole counter argument here is "yes but what about [wild hypothetical]?"

And yeah, what do you do about the trans athletes wanting to compete today?

8 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

"May be too small". What's that based on, because there are plenty of examples of trans athletes competing today and achieving average results. As ever, the whole counter argument here is "yes but what about [wild hypothetical]?"

I asked if you have any figures of competing numbers, I thought you might seeing as though you're steadfastly using the argument (correct me if I'm wrong) that there's hardly any examples worth bothering about. 

Do you have any figures? Or should I not ask questions without first researching it myself? 

Just now, Duff Man said:

There aren't any examples of a super trans athlete decimating the opposition, no. There are plenty of examples of trans athletes getting middling results, however. And again, disregarding that, what do you propose instead?

Disregarding without answering?  Do you have any figures?  Maybe if you do I'll change my mind about that particular argument being invalid. 

10 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

There aren't any examples of a super trans athlete decimating the opposition. There are plenty of examples of trans athletes getting middling results, however.

YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS SCENARIO I'VE JUST COOKED UP IN MY MIND

28 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

And this is what is comes down to. In Rico's childlike mind, they're all just men, saying they're women, to do better at sport.

Yes, my childlike mind.  I just wish I was a clever person like what you are. 

Anyway, in the real world there will be people who abuse this, especially if self ID continues.  But there’ll be countless women at all levels below elite that are disadvantaged by a completely ridiculous rule.  

23 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

They compete against men. Simples. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Caitlyn Jenner?

Only 39 million hits on Google, like.

So the example of a person who transitioned to achieve better results in sport is Caitlyn Jenner, a woman who transitioned 30 or so years after competing. What?

• Downvote 1

Just now, Duff Man said:

So the example of a person who transitioned to achieve better results in sport is Caitlyn Jenner, a woman who transitioned 30 or so years after competing. What?

No, I was asking if you thought she wouldn't have creamed the female opposition had she transitioned in her 20s. Considering she beat all the men.

I'm sick of trans people getting all the opportunities in life, especially how they utilise biological advantages in sport despite there being no high profile examples of that ever happening.

Us CIS types are the oppressed ones

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Here’s one:

The current Kent women’s cricketer of the Year is;

a - batter

b - bowler

c - wicketkeeper

d - man 

Excuse me?

edit: read into this now, a lot of people claiming she was still playing for the men's side (which I can't find any evidence of) and that she's undertaken no medical steps towards a transition (which I haven't any idea how they'd know).  Very little to justify Katie Hopkins, or anyone else, to misgender her because they don't like transgender women in women's sport.