You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

12 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

I'm not racist, some of my best mates.. etc. Laughable.

But you carry on standing up for LGBTQ people by, er, relentlessly sharing negative coverage of them on here and occasionally pissing your pants about Corbyn's appearances on Press TV. Really, really helpful stuff. I'm sure actual LGBTQ people would be the first to thank you for such effective advocacy.

Mate, I was going to Pride (London and Manchester) when you were still in school, I’ve shared houses with gay men and women and somehow worked in an office of about 10 when I was the only straight person.  In all that time none of them noticed I was such a bigot.  Good job you ‘outed’ me or they would never have known.  

(Although I was discriminated against once when I got thrown out of a gay B&B in Blackpool for bringing a woman back to the room - it was very funny). 

I'm not having that you're pro-trans unless you can list out all your mates in the LBGTQ categories. 

L: 

B: 

G:

1. Visited the Pride parade a few times and waved a flag. 
  2. Worked in an office full of homs despite being het. 

T: 

1. A mate going through transition. 

Q: 

Oh I'm sorry, that obviously changes everything, and is far more representative of how you actually feel than the constant sharing of misleading, and sometimes outright dishonest, articles about trans people that reinforce the same lazy tropes that were used to attack the gay community not so long ago.

19 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

me, displaying how much I care about LGBTQ rights: twenty years ago I went to pride

also me: the trans movement is dangerous and harming kids

That’s not what I said is it? I said I’ve been going  to Prides for 20 years.  Not been recently but I’ve not been to Anfield in years and still count myself as a Liverpool supporter.  You may not know or remember what being gay meant in the north in the mid-90’s. Or marching down Compton Street after the bombs?  No. Didn’t think so. 

Perhaps im actually a City fan, can you let me know about that too?  

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

That’s not what I said is it? I said I’ve been going  to Prides for 20 years.  Not been recently but I’ve not been to Anfield in years and still count myself as a Liverpool supporter.  You may not know or remember what being gay meant in the north in the mid-90’s. Or marching down Compton Street after the bombs?  No. Didn’t think so. 

We all know you’re a cunt Ste, but you’re not THAT much of a cunt. 

• Upvote 1

Quite incredible how you keep missing the point. Constantly shit-posting trans people on here (or anywhere) and perpetuating the same lazy stereotypes that were used to dehumanise gay men in the era you profess to be so knowledgeable about, does not, in any way, actually help the LGBTQ community. In fact it does the opposite. Only a complete imbecile, and/or bigot would struggle with that.

The ‘you don’t care about the kids’ argument is wank too.  I’ve posted fucking loads about anti-vaxers bollocks on here.  Loads.  Now, who are the ones that benefit from vaccines? Is it middle aged Tory voters - or is it kids.  Not one comment from the woke police on there.  Not one.  I’d say you don’t care about the trans kids, you just want to be seen on the ‘right’ side.  

3 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Quite incredible how you keep missing the point. Constantly shit-posting trans people on here (or anywhere) and perpetuating the same lazy stereotypes that were used to dehumanise gay men in the era you profess to be so knowledgeable about, does not, in any way, actually help the LGBTQ community. In fact it does the opposite. Only a complete imbecile, and/or bigot would struggle with that.

I post stuff that is clearly mad.  Like mixed fucking rugby.  Find me something that is anti-trans rather than just plain stupid, like men being able to work in rape crisis centres that were purposefully all female.  

6 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

It's just utterly futile. I give up. You crack on sharing reactionary, ahistorical gibberish that denigrates the exact same group of people you constantly pretend to care so much about.

In your world then we get handed policy on a plate without any opportunity to say ‘hold on, that’s fucking bollocks!’  Or is it just this subject?  Only allowed one side of the argument despite it being plainly obvious it’s stupid and/or bollocks.  

28 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

In your world then we get handed policy on a plate without any opportunity to say ‘hold on, that’s fucking bollocks!’  Or is it just this subject?  Only allowed one side of the argument despite it being plainly obvious it’s stupid and/or bollocks.  

What a bizarre pivot. Er, no, obviously not. I've simply pointed out the problems with your Katie Hopkins style quacking, and the hypocrisy of it all given your persistent pant pissing about Corbyn's Press TV appearances.

7 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Negged for ff on the GF 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd need to read the full paper but sounds an interesting read: 

Bottom Line: Gender identity conversion efforts to try to change a person's gender identity to match their sex assigned at birth were associated with increased likelihood of adverse mental health outcomes, including suicide attempts, in this study of nearly 28,000 transgender adults from across the United States. Professional organizations, including the American Psychiatric Association, have called conversion therapy for gender identity unethical and ineffective, and some states have outlawed the practice. This observational study is based on the results of a survey distributed through community outreach to transgender adults in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, some territories and overseas U.S. military bases. Of 27,715 transgender adults who responded, 19,741 (71.3%) reported having spoken to a secular or religious professional about their gender identity and of these 3,869 (19.6%) reported exposure to gender identity conversion efforts. That exposure was associated with severe psychological distress during the previous month and prior suicide attempts during their lifetime compared with transgender adults who reported talking about their gender identity with a professional but weren't exposed to conversion efforts. Reported exposure to conversion efforts before the age of 10 also was associated with greater lifetime odds of suicide attempts. Limitations of the study include its inability to determine causation; it didn't capture conversion efforts by others such as family members; and it's possible that some adults with worse mental health might have sought conversion therapy. The study findings support that gender identity conversion efforts should be avoided in children and adults.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-09/jn-gic090919.php