You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

Caster Semenya says she will not defend her World Championship 800m title in September after a setback in her challenge to the restricting of testosterone levels in female runners.

But the South African said she would "continue her fight for human rights" despite her "disappointment".

Semenya has twice appealed against IAAF rules preventing her from running without medication.

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Caster Semenya says she will not defend her World Championship 800m title in September after a setback in her challenge to the restricting of testosterone levels in female runners.

But the South African said she would "continue her fight for human rights" despite her "disappointment".

Semenya has twice appealed against IAAF rules preventing her from running without medication.

He will get over it 

She’s not trans though.  

There was an article about Mermaids on Monday, basically experiment on kids.  Shocking.  It’s funny when I talk about antivaxxers hurting kids it has total agreement. This topic though, fucking up kids, making them infertile, ideologically driven with no science to back it up and I’m a bigot. Weird.  

• Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

We're all staunch advocates of LGBTQ rights, though, because we keep saying so on other threads!

A wokey blokey telling women what to think? 

If this is aimed at me why not just say so?   Are you gaslighting me (or is that dog whistling?). 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/transgender-row-stoked-by-new-findings-3pwxjqqrp

who’d have thought it? 

11 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

We're all staunch advocates of LGBTQ rights, though, because we keep saying so on other threads!

But this is thread where we're just going to toss around the same lazy stereotypes that were used to denigrate gay men in 80s and 90s.

Remember though, we're all really serious about LGBTQ rights and stuff.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

A wokey blokey telling women what to think? 

If this is aimed at me why not just say so?   Are you gaslighting me (or is that dog whistling?). 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/transgender-row-stoked-by-new-findings-3pwxjqqrp

who’d have thought it? 

Yes, I'm telling women (all of them, yeah?) what to think, by [checks notes] pointing out dim witted hypocrisy on a football fan site.

Just how glossy a finish does your grey matter have to have to come up with shit like that?

As for the article in the Times, a notoriously transphobic and generally hateful rag, they're referencing an unpublished study, so, no way am I taking their word for it.

In your head, though, those few detail-free paragraphs in front of the paywall of a heavily biased media outlet's website are more than enough confirmation bias to settle once and for all the matter of trans people competing in sport, and whether or not they are, AS YOU SUSPECTED ALL ALONG, benefiting from an unfair advantage. I mean of course they would be!

Just embarrassing. The level of scrutiny you apply to this stuff, whilst simultaneously presenting yourself as the facts and reason guy, is a joke.

But forget all that, because we're obviously never going to agree. Here's a little thought exercise for you, though, which you don't even need to answer on here (in fact, please fucking don't).

Given how frequently you point out to us all that LGBTQ rights really, really matter to you, maybe you could tot up all the things you've actually done to fight for them.

Ask yourself: when was the last time I actually fucking did something about it? And more specifically, when was the last time I did something to stand up for trans people (they're represented by the 'T' in LGBTQ, if you weren't aware), rather than just constantly redistribute negative coverage of them.

Because if the latter is all you're doing, pal, let me tell you, you're actually part of the fucking problem. That's not what caring about LGBTQ rights is, by any stretch of the imagination.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yes, I'm telling women (all of them, yeah?) what to think, by [checks notes] pointing out dim witted hypocrisy on a football fan site.

Just how glossy a finish does your grey matter have to have to come up with shit like that?

As for the article in the Times, a notoriously transphobic and generally hateful rag, they're referencing an unpublished study, so, no way am I taking their word for it.

In your head, though, those few detail-free paragraphs in front of the paywall of a heavily biased media outlet's website are more than enough confirmation bias to settle once and for all the matter of trans people competing in sport, and whether or not they are, AS YOU SUSPECTED ALL ALONG, benefiting from an unfair advantage. I mean of course they would be!

Just embarrassing. The level of scrutiny you apply to this stuff, whilst simultaneously presenting yourself as the facts and reason guy, is a joke.

But forget all that, because we're obviously never going to agree. Here's a little thought exercise for you, though, which you don't even need to answer on here (in fact, please fucking don't).

Given how frequently you point out to us all that LGBTQ rights really, really matter to you, maybe you could tot up all the things you've actually done to fight for them.

Ask yourself: when was the last time I actually fucking did something about it? And more specifically, when was the last time I did something to stand up for trans people (they're represented by the 'T' in LGBTQ, if you weren't aware), rather than just constantly redistribute negative coverage of them.

Because if the latter is all you're doing, pal, let me tell you, you're actually part of the fucking problem. That's not what caring about LGBTQ rights is, by any stretch of the imagination.

They matter to me in the same way your rights matter to me.  Everyone should be treated equally and fairly. Not that tough really. 

Standing up for trans people? Does supporting a mate going through a transition count?  Employing her? Going out drinking with her? Rather than being woke on a fucking football website? 

My my mantra has always been do what the fuck you want as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else.  Mixed rugby ain’t a good idea for lots of reasons.  

I'm not racist, some of my best mates.. etc. Laughable.

But you carry on standing up for LGBTQ people by, er, relentlessly sharing negative coverage of them on here and occasionally pissing your pants about Corbyn's appearances on Press TV. Really, really helpful stuff. I'm sure actual LGBTQ people would be the first to thank you for such effective advocacy.