You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

2 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

The new advice follows a council report which said: "Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods", adding that "menstruation must be inclusive of all genders".

Girls who believe they are boys.

Not people born as a male, read every quote they give in that article and it's pretty clear what they mean.

And you know that yourself NV, you're more than capable of reading that and seeing what the quotes added together mean, rather than the one single line that can be used to provide a sensationalist headline.

I still think you’re missing this...

The report recommends that "language and learning about periods is inclusive of all genders

Trans campaigners talking about trans women having periods is quite a big thing. It’s clear they cannot as they don’t have wombs. You can’t say ‘all genders’ and then exclude, you know, some genders. People born Male, regardless of what they do to their body, or how they feel, cannot have periods, so leaving that open to interpretation is daft. 

"Learning about periods is inclusive of all genders"

Not all genders have periods, learning about them should be inclusive.

Not worth even trying to debate with you further as all you'll do is be more and more obtuse like you are on every subject.

You and I both know you are more than intelligent enough to read that article, see what is actually quoted and not twist it like the Telegraph did. But you won't, you'll twist and turn like a twisty turny thing to try and have an argument and I won't play any further as there is no point in doing so with you.

I think people should be able to do what they want if it doesn't harm anyone else, but...

(1) children should not be permitted to have irreversible operations 

(2) people should be allowed their views on it without being called bigots, whether it's on toilet use or women's safety, sport or whatever.

(3) it shouldn't be a crime or any kind of punishable offence to call someone by their 'old name' or gender. It's a matter of manners, not criminality.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think people should be able to do what they want if it doesn't harm anyone else, but...

(2) people should be allowed their views on it without being called bigots, whether it's on toilet use or women's safety, sport or whatever.

(3) it shouldn't be a crime or any kind of punishable offence to call someone by their 'old name' or gender. It's a matter of manners, not criminality.

I mean, obviously. Not that any of those points go against currrent conventions

Except for 3, if you do it on purpose to be a dickhead then you can get fucked. To the gulag 

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Good news for the people who insist on calling George Osborne "Gideon". Although I'm sure they wouldn't be such hypocrites in the first place...

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

On the dead naming, this can be used as a real weapon. Having been in the position of managing someone transitioning, who was located in a different city. Phone calls can be difficult, with all the good will in the world, you pick up a phone to a familiar voice, during a busy period you can respond with the incorrect name. I was fortunate in that the person I was managing was pretty understanding with regards this, hopefully, as I was supportive of them through the process. 

The person losing their shit in that shop, with all the it’s ma’am shit, well that could be a more difficult proposition.

6 hours ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

not necessarily, meet bob who changed his name to Pete, before transitioning to Roberta.

Pete's a dead name as much as bob, and was not a birth name. calling Roberta, bob or Pete could get you in shit. 

Fuck. Where are my Isle of Man tickets. Stop this train I wanna get off.

• Upvote 1

My mate had decided to go for it over the last few weeks.  He’s Pippa now, takes some bollocks (forgive the pun) as he’s a builder and all his mates are rough arse cunts. 

He still plays plays darts for the pub and went on the end of year do last night. No one really gave a shit as they’ve known he wanted to do it for years.