You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

40 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I can't be the only one to think that looks great fun; like when you play a family game against a young relative, and absolutely muller them when no one's looking.

I'd long since shelved my dreams of sporting ambition, but maybe there's still hope.

You'd have to shave your beard.  Probably.

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2018 at 1:26 AM, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I can't be the only one to think that looks great fun; like when you play a family game against a young relative, and absolutely muller them when no one's looking.

I'd long since shelved my dreams of sporting ambition, but maybe there's still hope.

Reminded me of a tangentially-related story, if you'll indulge me.

So about 10 years ago, my wife's twin sister completed her black belt in some martial art (karate? taekwondo? one of them, anyway). We were all congratulating her for her achievement, which represented thousands of hours of training and fights against other women.

All was going well until she ran her mouth a bit about being able to take care of herself and not needing a man to protect her. I foolishly made a remark about "well, I mean, you still need to be careful, because a man can still take you." Which made her get her back up and challenge me to a fight.

It's important to the story at this point to understand that I am 6'5" and weigh around 250 lbs. I am absolutely massive. She, on the other hand, like my wife, is 5'3" and weighs probably 140 or so. At first I thought she was joking, like, she can't seriously think that because she knows karate or whatever that she can beat me in a fight. But she insisted!

So we squared off in the living room for a "bout" that lasted approximately 5 seconds. Just long enough for her to get into some stance, hit me in the shoulder while I grabbed her around the waist and bear-hugged her until she submitted before I crushed all her ribs. She complained that "I didn't come at her right" until everyone started laughing at her and she gave up. Hopefully a tiny bit of humility was learned.

Still to this day give her grief about it. I've offered a rematch any time she'd like. It's almost unfair how easy it was.

On 12/10/2018 at 6:26 PM, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I tried njnjitsu once and was put in a sparring partnership with some ginger kid, he was about 12 and I reckon I was around 24. I kept booting him in the leg and he kept moaning. I told him he had to toughen up if he wanted to make it in martial arts, after ten minutes of me repeatedly kicking him in the leg I found out it was supposed to be non contact sparring. One of the best experiences of my life. Truly. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I tried njnjitsu once and was put in a sparring partnership with some ginger kid, he was about 12 and I reckon I was around 24. I kept booting him in the leg and he kept moaning. I told him he had to toughen up if he wanted to make it in martial arts, after ten minutes of me repeatedly kicking him in the leg I found out it was supposed to be non contact sparring. One of the best experiences of my life. Truly. 

Superb. 

Lucky the class ended before you had him trying to block throwing stars. "Authentic ninja stuff this lad, I saw Sho Kosugi do it umpteen times in films in the 80s. Just pull it out of your head and pass it back to me and we'll go again. Probably want to stick a plaster on that."

• Upvote 2