You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

2 hours ago, Hades said:

Nobody has made arguments in opposition. All ad hominem.image_thumb.png?w=687&h=523

This presupposes that you've made an argument worthy of considered response. You haven't.  Seasons has been generous enough to reply in good faith and you've done the usual trick of ignoring it, so why would anyone else bother engaging your nonsense?

You've offered zero evidence nor a coherent contextualised statement to refute, so no one is going to.  Congratulations on winning an imaginary debate with no one.

• Upvote 2

None of the issues surrounding Trans rights really impact me, or any man on the forum I'd imagine. My opinion though is that the likes of Graham Linehan and Germaine Greer who have been labelled as bigots and worse is wrong and is shutting down valid debate.

Making it as simple as " if you say you're a woman, then you're a woman " as the likes of Owen Jones advocates will cause loads of issues and while we obviously should listen to what trans people want, I find that the voices of women are drown out and they are labelled as bigots if they have any problems sharing, for example, a women's changing room with someone who has got a cock.

My Mrs and a few of her mates were talking about it the other day and none of them would feel comfortable at all with the above scenario, nor do they think they should have access to things like shelters for abused women or be able to accompany girls scouts and such like as chaperones. Does that make them bigoted? I'm sure some people on here will think so, but personally I'm not comfortable, as a man, telling women they can't think this. And the issues are all with men transitioning to women not the other way around, obviously to do with women feeling more vulnerable.

So some of the issues of the top of my head I think need looking at are access to women only places, not only in prisons but also in wider society, if someone has got a fully functioning cock. The rapidly increasing amount of children coming out as transgender also needs researching properly, the treatment and medication such children receive, and the amount who ' grow out ' or change their minds as they get older. The no platforming of people like Germaine Greer who has gone from feminist hero to bitter old bigot on this issue. And the participation of trans women in women only sports. Such as this trans woman who won a cycling world championship yesterday.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/not-fair-runner-fumes-transgender-world-champion-075054632.html

Some quotes from her:

In an article in USA Today in January, she argued her competing is not a question of athletic advantage, but one of human rights.

“We cannot have a woman legally recognised as a trans woman in society, and not be recognised that way in sports,” McKinnon was quoted as saying.

“Focusing on performance advantage is largely irrelevant because this is a rights issue. We shouldn’t be worried about trans people taking over the Olympics. We should be worried about their fairness and human rights instead."

She is obviously right in that if you are legally recognised as a woman then you should be able to compete as such, however trans women will have a massive advantage over people born female and that's only going to cause issues. Not sure what the answer is, should they compete in their own category?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

As far as I can see, the supposed ad hominem attacks are nothing of the sort.

An ad hominem would be "You're a divvy, therefore your arguments must be rubbish."  The tone of the responses to Hades has been the opposite: "Your arguments are rubbish, therefore you must be a divvy."

9 hours ago, aRdja said:

You should head down to Revolver in Prahran this weekend mate, write yourself off and reboot.

Used to live around the corner from there, always amusing Monday morning, walking past and these young fuckers who think they’ve invented the world are hanging around the kerb outside smoking, whilst I head for the workhouse. And I think back 20 years to when I was a young fucker, but the music was so much better than the shite they listen to now, and I nod and carry on my way to the train and the workhouse.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Good post.

I agree, but unfortunately I think our society amplifies everything and turns it into a cause celebre, with any concerns levelled being dismissed as bigotry. 

For every person genuinely agonising over this, there's probably 10 sets of trendy parents in Brighton with daughters called Tofu who they dress up as Mr T and wheel out at dinner parties.

Spot on. I feel the same way about psychology for the poor and overworked. These are bourgeois problems. The social climate and lifestyle are what's wrong.

11 hours ago, Pidge said:

This presupposes that you've made an argument worthy of considered response. You haven't.  Seasons has been generous enough to reply in good faith and you've done the usual trick of ignoring it, so why would anyone else bother engaging your nonsense?

You've offered zero evidence nor a coherent contextualised statement to refute, so no one is going to.  Congratulations on winning an imaginary debate with no one.

Did not refute the central point.

11 hours ago, Fugitive said:

DH0

Hades is a massive cunt.

Ad hominem above and below.

4 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

As far as I can see, the supposed ad hominem attacks are nothing of the sort.

An ad hominem would be "You're a divvy, therefore your arguments must be rubbish."  The tone of the responses to Hades has been the opposite: "Your arguments are rubbish, therefore you must be a divvy."

I think Hades is pretty much spot on.

Poor people are happier being poor, black people were happier being second class citizens and the sexually confused were happier when they were called freaks and told to just get on with it.

It gave them more of a sense of community. 

The left ruin this by giving people empathy and offering hope for a better life, when they really know the reality of the situation is that the rich old straight white man is in charge, people are selfish bastards and human society is doomed.  The left should give up the false hope and just focus on deciding whether they are the weak or strong and behave accordingly.  Everyone would be happier then.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jose Jones said:

I think Hades is pretty much spot on.

Poor people are happier being poor, black people were happier being second class citizens and the sexually confused were happier when they were called freaks and told to just get on with it.

It gave them more of a sense of community. 

The left ruin this by giving people empathy and offering hope for a better life, when they really know the reality of the situation is that the rich old straight white man is in charge, people are selfish bastards and human society is doomed.  The left should give up the false hope and just focus on deciding whether they are the weak or strong and behave accordingly.  Everyone would be happier then.

Strawman. The point is the left isn't offering empathy. It's entertaining delusions and not being there to pick up the pieces.