You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve had some of my best nightouts ever at trans-friendly nightclubs/club events e.g., horse meat disco, savage disco in London, berghain in Berlin and NYC Downlow ‘club’ at Glastonbury.

Anything would seem great in comparison to the £150 hipster fry up the next morning though, aRdja.

• Upvote 2

I talk gender a lot with my daughter, she is far more knowledgeable on the subject than me. I have my opinions, I don’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable and I don’t want anyone to suffer or be upset. People are entitled to their opinions.

Don’t know all the terminology but if someone genuinely, and I mean honestly, not for effect but someone genuinely transitioning I would support them.

I will respect certain things, I will call someone he or she if they want, I will understand for instance if someone is genuinely torn between their sexuality.

I will not however call a single person ‘ they ‘ because whatever their sexuality they are one person. It can go too far in my opinion.

Always happy to be educated, loads on here know a great deal more than me.

Btw I have no trans mates but I do know a Black.

His names Ste and that’s his surname. He’s white like.

• Upvote 2

A few years back me and my mate ended up in a bar on Canal St that had these 3 transvestites stood at the bar. He passed a comment (He wasn't being rude just trying and failing to be funny). I just rolled my eyes and sure enough for the next half an hour they tore him apart with their wit. he was trying his best but they destroyed him. It was funny as fuck.

If thats what people want to do then let them. 

4 hours ago, Hades said:

This is why the left is losing. Bourgeois lefties are happy to destabilize civilisations and pass the negative consequences onto the poor and needy. Male suicide rates are higher than ever.

3 hours ago, Hades said:

It's not an ad hominem attack. It's a correct description of what the current left does to the poor and especially the children of the poor. In this respect, your fundamentalist Christians are greater allies of the poor than leftists. Encouraging children to chop their genitals off and massively increase their risk of suicide because a handful of rich kids want to rebel against their authoritarian fathers is not reasonable.

Considering a lot of your post is filled with opinions (or if you prefer, presented without fact-checking) I have decided to help you out: 

2016: Suicide rate and suicidal tendencies among transgender persons are considerably high compared to general population. The suicide attempt rate among transgender persons ranges from 32% to 50% across the countries. Gender-based victimization, discrimination, bullying, violence, being rejected by the family, friends, and community; harassment by intimate partner, family members, police and public; discrimination and ill treatment at health-care system are the major risk factors that influence the suicidal behavior among transgender persons. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5178031/)

2017: Across these 42 studies an average of 55% of respondents ideated about and 29% attempted suicide in their lifetimes. Within the past year, these averages were, respectively, 51% and 11%, or 14 and 22 times that of the general public. Overall, suicidal ideation was higher among individuals of a male-to-female (MTF) than female-to-male (FTM) alignment, and lowest among those who were gender non-conforming (GNC). Conversely, attempts occurred most often among FTM individuals, then decreased for MTF individuals, followed by GNC individuals. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5436370/)

So, whilst it's no surprise that gender dysphoria and suicide show relationships, it doesn't quite relate to the point you're making about current suicide statistics: 

• In 2017 there were 5,821 suicides registered in the UK, an age-standardised rate of 10.1 deaths per 100,000 population.
  • The UK male suicide rate of 15.5 deaths per 100,000 was the lowest since our time-series began in 1981; for females, the UK rate was 4.9 deaths per 100,000, this remains consistent with the rates seen in the last 10 years.
  • Males accounted for three-quarters of suicides registered in 2017 (4,382 deaths), which has been the case since the mid-1990s.
  • The highest age-specific suicide rate was 24.8 deaths per 100,000 among males aged 45 to 49 years; for females, the age group with the highest rate was 50 to 54 years, at 6.8 deaths per 100,000.
  • Scotland had the highest suicide rate in Great Britain with 13.9 deaths per 100,000 persons, and England the lowest with 9.2 deaths per 100,000.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/suicidesintheunitedkingdom/2017registrations

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Correct. It was a statement. 

Add a few paragraphs of baseless supposition and you'll have yourself an argument.  Remember, in lieu of evidence of causation, or even correlation, you can always just increase the breadth and volume of the absolute bollocks you want to spout because that's the same thing, yeah?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Add a few paragraphs of baseless supposition and you'll have yourself an argument.  Remember, in lieu of evidence of causation, or even correlation, you can always just increase the breadth and volume of the absolute bollocks you want to spout because that's the same thing, yeah?

Ooh topical 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve had some of my best nightouts ever at trans-friendly nightclubs/club events e.g., horse meat disco, savage disco in London, berghain in Berlin and NYC Downlow ‘club’ at Glastonbury.

No discrimination of race, sexual orientation or choice of footwear.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I talk gender a lot with my daughter, she is far more knowledgeable on the subject than me. I have my opinions, I don’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable and I don’t want anyone to suffer or be upset. People are entitled to their opinions.

Don’t know all the terminology but if someone genuinely, and I mean honestly, not for effect but someone genuinely transitioning I would support them.

I will respect certain things, I will call someone he or she if they want, I will understand for instance if someone is genuinely torn between their sexuality.

I will not however call a single person ‘ they ‘ because whatever their sexuality they are one person. It can go too far in my opinion.

Always happy to be educated, loads on here know a great deal more than me.

Btw I have no trans mates but I do know a Black.

His names Ste and that’s his surname. He’s white like.

Good post.

I agree, but unfortunately I think our society amplifies everything and turns it into a cause celebre, with any concerns levelled being dismissed as bigotry. 

For every person genuinely agonising over this, there's probably 10 sets of trendy parents in Brighton with daughters called Tofu who they dress up as Mr T and wheel out at dinner parties.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Good post.

I agree, but unfortunately I think our society amplifies everything and turns it into a cause celebre, with any concerns levelled being dismissed as bigotry. 

For every person genuinely agonising over this, there's probably 10 sets of trendy parents in Brighton with daughters called Tofu who they dress up as Mr T and wheel out at dinner parties.

This, but the exact opposite

• Upvote 1