You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sevilla (H), UCL - 7:45pm, Wed 13/09/17 - Payback's a bitch, bitch!

Trumo

Still think our main problem is inability to finish. We are set up to create loads of chances and take risks pushing players forward and positioning them to attack instead of defend. Getting a bit sick of Firmino's profligacy and lack of killer instinct. Put Harry Kane or Suarez in this side and we are hitting a minimum of 3 in every game.

You make a very valid point about profligacy but the main issue is that we ship too many cheap goals. Yes we could & should have probably had 4 or 5 last night but the defence  continually concede an inordinate amount of goals compared to chances given up.

Some absolutely insane over-reactions on here, this sums it up.

There's some method in what people are saying rather than how they are saying it,in my view. I still believe Klopp is the best we can hope for and has a good chance of winning trophies. I think people don't really know who to blame for the transfer fiasco so Klopp has become a target for some.

Some absolutely insane over-reactions on here, this sums it up. 

You've got players over at arsenal turning down 250k & 300k a week contracts. How much is our highest paid player on?

United, City & Chelsea aren't even worth mentioning. Between the three of them you could probably make a 24 man squad of players on more than our highest paid. With ease.

I guess the proof will be in how many trophies we win and how many points we get. I'm not holding out too much hope -- but perhaps the grown man with a penis as an avatar is worth listening to.

I think people don't really know who to blame for the transfer fiasco so Klopp has become a target for some.

Which is a really strange phenomenon.

I mentioned in another thread that we have a habit of shooting ourselves in the foot and, although it's incredibly frustrating still, it's not surprising at all that Klopp is not immune from this.

We'll turn on the manager before we do the owners, twas ever thus.

Which is a really strange phenomenon.

I mentioned in another thread that we have a habit of shooting ourselves in the foot and, although it's incredibly frustrating still, it's not surprising at all that Klopp is not immune from this.

We'll turn on the manager before we do the owners, twas ever thus.

I really don't think the way the transfer window panned out is down to the owners.  

But don't you say that every single time? Yet the same things keep happening and keep being excused under different managers.

If someone could explain to me why we didn't go for a different defender when it was clear we couldn't get VDVDVD then it might sway me.  And if there was no money available all Klopp would need to say is that there is no money available.  He wouldn't need to give an opinion.  He's not stupid enough to fall out with them in public, but there is no mileage in the idea that Klopp is protecting the owners in that regard.  It is not credible.

Just for the record, I'm excusing no-one.

Klopp convinced, arguably the best centre back in the country to come here, to the extent that he turned his back on moves to City and Chelsea and handed in a transfer request. If the committee or the owners are unable to get that deal over the line, that's not Klopp's fault.

He's done his job. He doesn't put the money up himself or sign the players. Where he failed was not understanding the level of their incompetence in setting fire to all his best-laid plans. That you learn from years of experience working with this moronic board.

• Upvote 2

Well he certainly has qualities which we could use - whether or not he is the best.

It might be that Klopps initial actions (which became very public) to woo VVD are what prevented this transfer from happening. Arguably.

This does need not to be factored out of the discussion, though it almost always is.

Still think our main problem is inability to finish. We are set up to create loads of chances and take risks pushing players forward and positioning them to attack instead of defend. Getting a bit sick of Firmino's profligacy and lack of killer instinct. Put Harry Kane or Suarez in this side and we are hitting a minimum of 3 in every game.

Fair enough we should take our chances but at 2-1 up you think the defenders would keep up their end of the bargain. Defenders shouldn´t rely on the team to be 3,4,5 up to disguise their fuck-ups.