You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sevilla (H), UCL - 7:45pm, Wed 13/09/17 - Payback's a bitch, bitch!

Trumo

Yeah his passing stats at 75% isn't ideal. Sooner we relegate him and Matip to the bench the closer we are to winning things.

I urge you to watch Matip's utterly superb performance back again. Lovren, I don't care so much about stats, but what my eyes tell me, which is that he's responsible for the goal, the instability that follows, positional sense, and passing into the stands repeatedly.

Did anybody notice that moment in the second half when Matip absolutely nailed one of their lads with a classic 'hard but fair' challenge by the touchline not too far from the Sevilla fans and is left with acres of space to run into? Their lad is down in a heap and Matip tentatively took a few steps forward with the ball, only to look back at him.

I was doing my swede in off that. I just couldn't imagine Hyypia or Carragher doing that in the same situation.

I don't mean to dig Matip out personally here as such, but it just reflected so much of this current time: too fucking nice, too fucking soft. Every disappointing result, you hear the same empty assessments, usually delivered in a monotone voice: "We'll learn from our mistakes", "We'll improve", "The lads are disappointed." Just fuck off and grow some balls, all of you. If you're that disappointed, then rectify it on the pitch so it doesn't happen again.

Teams don't even have to work hard to score against us, mainly because we keep committing daft individual mistakes like knocking balls straight back into danger areas, deciding to do Cryuff turns near their own corner flag or switching off as a ball is knocked across the face of goal. Where are the leaders to bang some heads together?

We're fucking electric going forward- it's breathtaking to watch when it clicks- but bloody hell, I despair at some of the stuff that goes on elsewhere. Brain dead dopes.

• Upvote 2

The ref and lino do their job at watford in added time and we come away with 3 points. Mane doesnt get set off against city after 37 minutes, we arent losing 5-0. Bobby puts that pen 6" to the left, we arent drawing the game last night.

Yes, they're all 'what if's' but it also illustrates how fine the margins between success and failure are.

If I was Klopp this morning, Id be pretty pissed off with lovren's abject performance. You cant go gifting goals at this level.

Overall, I think the match was a bit flat and subdued

Klopp is what he is. He's going to have to stick with matip and lovren in the short term, at least until January if not the end of the season. Some may say that's his fault, some may say it is the club \ owners fault. It doesnt really matter since we now have to get on with it until we can change personel.

• Upvote 1

Did anybody notice that moment in the second half when Matip absolutely nailed one of their lads with a classic 'hard but fair' challenge by the touchline not too far from the Sevilla fans and is left with acres of space to run into? Their lad is down in a heap and Matip tentatively took a few steps forward with the ball, only to look back at him.

I was doing my swede in off that. I just couldn't imagine Hyypia or Carragher doing that in the same situation.

I don't mean to dig Matip out personally here as such, but it just reflected so much of this current time: too fucking nice, too fucking soft. Every disappointing result, you hear the same empty assessments, usually delivered in a monotone voice: "We'll learn from our mistakes", "We'll improve", "The lads are disappointed." Just fuck off and grow some balls, all of you. If you're that disappointed, then rectify it on the pitch so it doesn't happen again.

Teams don't even have to work hard to score against us, mainly because we keep committing daft individual mistakes like knocking balls straight back into danger areas, deciding to do Cryuff turns near their own corner flag or switching off as a ball is knocked across the face of goal. Where are the leaders to bang some heads together?

We're fucking electric going forward- it's breathtaking to watch when it clicks- but bloody hell, I despair at some of the stuff that goes on elsewhere. Brain dead dopes.

I agree. Too fucking nice all round - yesterday Lovren (after his mistake leading to a goal), played a simple pass out to Moreno but fucked it up badly and the ball went out of play. Moren turns and claps! No fucking way would Carragher, or Suarez, Gerrard et al accept that. It was shit and all it need was a 'fucking concentrate dickhead'. 

Too nice to each other, and too nice to opponents. 

• Upvote 1

I must have missed this. Just so I am keeping up, is Firmino your new fall guy/hate figure/embodiment of all that is wrong with the world today?

Otherwise I'm not sure why you would mention him. Unlucky penalty miss aside, he played well as he usually does, didn't he?

Firmino's usually not my object of derision, though to not put a penalty between the posts is not unlucky, it's just shit. He played a lot better than he did against City. He is thick though. Comedy defending and another shithouse midfield display mean that Firmino is far from the only player requiring a damn good slating today.

Klopp was a bit of a mug to come here. Rafa at Inter syndrome. Wrong place, wrong time. The club is not geared up to succeed.

His style of play is going to blow itself out very quickly with the players we have. The cracks are already showing much earlier than last season, with City/Spurs/Chelsea/United all looking very imposing. It could be a very long year -- especially once we get into winter.

Klopp was a bit of a mug to come here. Rafa at Inter syndrome. Wrong place, wrong time. The club is not geared up to succeed.

His style of play is going to blow itself out very quickly with the players we have. The cracks are already showing much earlier than last season, with City/Spurs/Chelsea/United all looking very imposing. It could be a very long year -- especially once we get into winter.

I'm trying to be polite, but bollocks is the only word I can think of, sorry! 

But, bollocks. 

What indications do you have that it will settle down?

They are not strong indications, but broadly speaking, last season went in three phases.

1. Wiping the floor with teams

2. Falling apart and having a terrible run

3. Regrouping, digging deep and improving defensively to finish top four

As the last part of the season showed, we do have it in us to improve defensively. I think we are a VVD and Keita away from a title challenge, and in the meantime, we have to improve. I think we will. The season has only just started.

Some absolutely insane over-reactions on here, this sums it up. 

I must have missed this.  Just so I am keeping up, is Firmino your new fall guy/hate figure/embodiment of all that is wrong with the world today?

Otherwise I'm not sure why you would mention him.  Unlucky penalty miss aside, he played well as he usually does, didn't he?

Hey!  Go easy, his stuff is so Funnneeeee.

Still think our main problem is inability to finish. We are set up to create loads of chances and take risks pushing players forward and positioning them to attack instead of defend. Getting a bit sick of Firmino's profligacy and lack of killer instinct. Put Harry Kane or Suarez in this side and we are hitting a minimum of 3 in every game.