You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sevilla (H), UCL - 7:45pm, Wed 13/09/17 - Payback's a bitch, bitch!

Trumo

Well you either accept Klopp is making the decision or you dont. If you dont accept he's making the decision then you're exceptionally naive but whatever.

I love it dickie when clowns like you can write a team off after 2 or 3 games. You missed your vocation, dickie, you should have been a PL manager. Oh, wait.

As I said about city, dickie, they put 4 past us when we had 10 on the pitch. When we had 11, they put 1 past us but hey, you're the insightful one, dickie.

No1 fan? Good grief, dickie, I think Ive spotted your problem. Or rather one of your many problems.

What's up Jimbo trying to change tact now,you seem to be mentioning Klopp a lot when if the man had the backing off his board instead of the inept way they went about things in the summer we wouldn't be have this discussion.

Klopp has limited playing resources available to him (the bench is awful) and if money was spent things would be different,as for writing them off give it a rest I'm just realistic in we havent beat anyone of note yet,

What's up Jimbo trying to change tact now,you seem to be mentioning Klopp a lot when if the man had the backing off his board instead of the inept way they went about things in the summer we wouldn't be have this discussion.

Klopp has limited playing resources available to him (the bench is awful) and if money was spent things would be different,as for writing them off give it a rest I'm just realistic in we havent beat anyone of note yet,

I love how people like you dickie, keep changing tack (not tact. Sorry to pick you up on that, blame stringy but it shows how weak your constructs are) then try to make out it's someone else doing the changing. Bit like if you repeat your lies often enough you believe it becomes the truth, eh?

Keep it up. you're giving me a great amount of mirth

We (whoever "we" are these days) knew what the deal with Klopp was.

He is not a dour, canny, wily, tactical, catenaccio-style manager.

He is an emotive, attacking, risk-taking - attractive football, total football - type of bloke.

4-4s and 4-3s are common enough shorelines on his CV - and judging by the Bundesliga games I've seen on his showreel - he revels in that.

He ain't a defensive manager from what I can tell.  That is his appeal and that may well be his Achilles heel too.

His charisma is unquestioned - and it's brilliant when we beat Dortmund 4-3 for example, or even Norwich 5-4.

But in the cold, hard light of day, conceding 4 goals to someone like Norwich and 3 goals to someone like Swansea is not going to cut it.

His charisma ain't going to improve our defence - he seems happier after a pulsating 7-goal affair than he does after a scrappy 1-0 win.

He is what he is.  Better than Rodgers, more likeable than Rodgers I think.

He's a faith healer, not a fire and brimstone Roundhead.

We either accept that or we don't.  

But the goals are going to keep being scored by us and leaked I fear in equal measure.

• Upvote 5

Something will give. We all know it, been there before. Heavy metal attack, soft rock midfield, parody metal defence, Bad News, a back four of Vim Fuego, Colin Grigson , Den Dennis and Spider Webb.

Imogen it if you can.

Trouble is, Firmino, Salah, Mane and Coutinho combined only add up to 1 Suarez (and Sturridge '13/14).

A "back injury" to a couple of them and suddenly the 100 goals we'll score in the League become 60.

Trouble is, Firmino, Salah, Mane and Coutinho combined only add up to 1 Suarez (and Sturridge '13/14).

A "back injury" to a couple of them and suddenly the 100 goals we'll score in the League become 60.

Yep, and when that happens ( don't laugh ) you need a strong defence/midfield to absorb attacks and start them ( I'm laughing now ) no balance at all.

I'm going to take an alternate view. It will settle down a bit. Our defence is not the best, obviously, but it will settle down a bit and we won't be far off.

Now, if we can add VVD and get Keita in that midfield, we will challenge for the title. In the meantime, I'm backing the team to improve. Sevilla is the hardest group game and we should have won. Man City away is hard at the best of times, never mind with ten men.

We will be OK.

I'm going to take an alternate view. It will settle down a bit. Our defence is not the best, obviously, but it will settle down a bit and we won't be far off.

Now, if we can add VVD and get Keita in that midfield, we will challenge for the title. In the meantime, I'm backing the team to improve. Sevilla is the hardest group game and we should have won. Man City away is hard at the best of times, never mind with ten men.

We will be OK.

Yes, we will be OK if we can keep our attackers on the park.  

But we are two forward-half injuries away from not being OK.

Defence and mids will not cover that, nowhere near.

And the other 2 Spanish teams both won 3-0. And your point is?

Was I making a point?  Is it compulsory to make a point?

OK, we comfortably outplayed a team at home and drew 2-2, while all the other English teams won comfortably.  

More of an observation really.  My apologies for wasting your time.

We will be OK.

What indications do you have that it will settle down?

Heading over for this later, I've got my:

- Half and half scarf

- Jester hat

- Big camera

- Small camera

- My Liverworld bag

Can't wait to screw a local of a seat and spent 90 minutes in silence taking videos of the corner flag.

I'm disappointed when I look back at this, I'm not that kind of wool.

• Upvote 3